I became an Aldi lover when...

Beerball

Those plastic bags are my dog poop bags. I think one of the customer service supervisors at Hannaford is onto me. When I bag my own groceries, I put very few things in each bag so I can up my poop bag inventory. Whenever this guy is working, he practically trips over himself on his way to bag my groceries. Prick.

We used to have a small trash can that we lined with plastic bags. I used to grab dozens of them when I'd bag my own groceries.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those plastic bags are my dog poop bags. I think one of the customer service supervisors at Hannaford is onto me. When I bag my own groceries, I put very few things in each bag so I can up my poop bag inventory. Whenever this guy is working, he practically trips over himself on his way to bag my groceries. Prick.

Perhaps you are his type?

I'll be glad to send you a treasure trove of plastic bags Gug.

I worked at Aldi training to be a store manager for about 6 months. I can say this, Aldi is as good as the people that work there. If they're lazy you'll see poor produce products. But if the employees are on top of it it's a great place to shop. Many of the "Aldi brand" products are very good. They work on minimal staff and keep VERY little inventory to try and keep things fresh. We used to get 5 trucks a week and kept nearly nothing in back stock. They paid very well. I was getting 23 an hour as a store manager trainee. A better opportunity came along so I left them but like I said, depending on the staff and their work ethic decides on how the shopping experience will be.

We have a new store about :10 from my house. I don't see a reason to go back. It's very small and reminds me of grocery discount stores from 30+ years ago. Very unremarkable!

The smallness helps with the streamline approach and because every time I go things are almost always in same place it usually takes me twenty minutes to finish whereas other supermarkets it takes a lot more time. The only think I am reserved from buying there are meats but their snacks, soy milk, brick cheese and frozen items just as good as labeled brands. Edited by The Jokeman

The Aldi's here in my small town in Vermont sort of reminds me of Trader Joes. Great prices for good food. Cheap, but very decent beer and wine, a good selection of cheeses, and many seasonal specialty items. Most everything discounted to a fraction of what you would pay at a supermarket.

I think it depends on the store though, because the one in my hometown (Auburn, NY) is disgusting.

The Aldi's here in my small town in Vermont sort of reminds me of Trader Joes. Great prices for good food. Cheap, but very decent beer and wine, a good selection of cheeses, and many seasonal specialty items. Most everything discounted to a fraction of what you would pay at a supermarket.

I think it depends on the store though, because the one in my hometown (Auburn, NY) is disgusting.

This ^ I was turned off of Aldi's at a young age because of the Auburn store as well. It just seemed dirty, and full of intetesting people for a lack of a better term. I think a lot of it has to do with the area the store is in. In less well to do area's the stores fill up with lower income people. This makes sense because Aldi's does offer the best prices. That being said as I've gotten older and shopped at different stores I've grown to appreciate it. I just went to Aldi's today for a gallon milk that cost somewhere around a $1.77. The next cheapest price I have seen is at Walmart for $2.44. Why not save money when you have a chance? I don't understand people that turn up their noses at getting a discount. People can be quite arrogant when it comes to discount shopping. So many seem to have this attitude that if it's cheap it must be for the poor. At this stage of my life if I'm getting a bargain I don't really care what other shoppers in the store look like. My question is why spend more than you need to?

That being said, I certainly don't buy everything at Aldi's. Some things are very good, and some are quite bad. Once you know what to shop for it's a

great place to save money. Just don't expect to get all your groceries there. Also Trader Joe's is Aldi's sister company. Although Trader Joe's carries things that cater to a different demographic, I can tell you some of the products are the same thing in different packaging.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

What makes it disgusting? We don't have them here but we do have tons of TJ's and I've never been in a TJ's that wasn't clean and well stocked.

The smallness helps with the streamline approach and because every time I go things are almost always in same place it usually takes me twenty minutes to finish whereas other supermarkets it takes a lot more time. The only think I am reserved from buying there are meats but their snacks, soy milk, brick cheese and frozen items just as good as labeled brands.

Having worked there I agree about the meats. As long as you buy the vacuum sealed meat your good. The meats that are in containers and sealed are injected with some solution to maintain color. I would never buy that.