Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

Any version of Percy Harvin puts me off.

The closest character comparison as a WR would be Anquan Boldin though.......team captain type.

I would love for them to get Braxton Miller but because he might be a 2 year project I think he might not be BPA in round 2.......there are DL that might go 4th round that could slip into end of first round on a lean year.

Conversely, if Miller were in a good WR draft he might be a 4th-6th rounder.

WR is uncharacteristically devoid of those size/speed freaks we are used to seeing recently........a 4th rounder in 2014 like Martavis Bryant might have been a top 25 pick in this draft.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest character comparison as a WR would be Anquan Boldin though.......team captain type.

I would love for them to get Braxton Miller but because he might be a 2 year project I think he might not be BPA in round 2.......there are DL that might go 4th round that could slip into end of first round on a lean year.

Conversely, if Miller were in a good WR draft he might be a 4th-6th rounder.

WR is uncharacteristically devoid of those size/speed freaks we are used to seeing recently........a 4th rounder in 2014 like Martavis Bryant might have been a top 25 pick in this draft.

About the closest thing to a size/speed freak is Charone Peake (also of Clemson), though I'll put my vote in for Temple's Robby Anderson as a guy that fits the mold as well. He's thinner right now (190 at his pro day), but he's got the frame to add weight without sacrificing his sub-4.4 speed.

About the closest thing to a size/speed freak is Charone Peake (also of Clemson), though I'll put my vote in for Temple's Robby Anderson as a guy that fits the mold as well. He's thinner right now (190 at his pro day), but he's got the frame to add weight without sacrificing his sub-4.4 speed.

Yeah and Bryant was in a different category athletically and as an on-field receiver than those two and they may go about the same time in the draft that he did.

I literally could not believe the Bills took Ross Cockrell instead of getting a second first round talent at WR in Bryant............though Cockrell grew on me and I thought he would be the surprise player to ascend going into camp.

Bryant is smoking away his career but man what a talent.

All of these DT's everyone wants so early are just not worth it. school to the North has Henry who Id like in 3 or 4. That's it for DT. And maybe Oakman from Baylor in 5/6 for DE.

I don't see value at those positions in any round for us.

All of these DT's everyone wants so early are just not worth it. school to the North has Henry who Id like in 3 or 4. That's it for DT. And maybe Oakman from Baylor in 5/6 for DE.

Wow most believe DLine is where the most talent is in the draft, and you don't see value for us in any round, before the draft has taken place LOL.

TSUN had a good DL, I think Henry is a bit underrated with this class and flying under the radar with all the other DTs.

Next year's EDGE class is going to be better than this year's IMO. Tim Williams, Sam Hubbard (watch out for this guy, I was at OSU practice 2 weeks ago and he is enormous now even since the bowl game, totally unblockable, apparently has put on 65 lbs since HS), Carl Lawson

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah and Bryant was in a different category athletically and as an on-field receiver than those two and they may go about the same time in the draft that he did.

I literally could not believe the Bills took Ross Cockrell instead of getting a second first round talent at WR in Bryant............though Cockrell grew on me and I thought he would be the surprise player to ascend going into camp.

Bryant is smoking away his career but man what a talent.

Oddly Cockrell also ended up on the Steelers and started games for them last year. But I also wanted Bryant at that pick, although he is seriously smoking away his NFL aspirations. .

TSUN had a good DL, I think Henry is a bit underrated with this class and flying under the radar with all the other DTs.

Next year's EDGE class is going to be better than this year's IMO. Tim Williams, Sam Hubbard (watch out for this guy, I was at OSU practice 2 weeks ago and he is enormous now even since the bowl game, totally unblockable, apparently has put on 65 lbs since HS), Carl Lawson

I see henry going to new england and succeeding in the wilfork role. Braverman and henry to the pats is a worry. Just like apple, Hargreaves or the other cb going to Miami and ny

Wow most beeve DLine is where the most talent is in the draft, and you don't see value for us in any round, before the draft has taken place LOL.

they're not Rex Ryan prototype DTS. The most important part of Ryan's d is the head, if you will. That's front and center ofthe d. The NT/DT he employs. Dareus is not that type. Dareus is going to struggle more next year. I truly promise. He will be unhappy and will be off the team by 2019 season if Ryan is still calling his d worth having in. Buffalo

We don't need a de as bad as people think. We are sorta screwed in 2016 because it will be Ryan's second year but first year of overhaul. Its going to be a nightmare. Watching the d will watching square pegs jammed in round Holes all game and it won't be pretty. People not quick enough to play at lb. People not capable of playing in the D.

People wanting to kick Dareus to end forget Ryan's ends don't rush the passer they occupy space and set the edge.

We may make the playoffs but we won't be good. Its on tyrod to overcome Rex's setbacks

I see henry going to new england and succeeding in the wilfork role. Braverman and henry to the pats is a worry. Just like apple, Hargreaves or the other cb going to Miami and ny

they're not Rex Ryan prototype DTS. The most important part of Ryan's d is the head, if you will. That's front and center ofthe d. The NT/DT he employs. Dareus is not that type. Dareus is going to struggle more next year. I truly promise. He will be unhappy and will be off the team by 2019 season if Ryan is still calling his d worth having in. Buffalo

We don't need a de as bad as people think. We are sorta screwed in 2016 because it will be Ryan's second year but first year of overhaul. Its going to be a nightmare. Watching the d will watching square pegs jammed in round Holes all game and it won't be pretty. People not quick enough to play at lb. People not capable of playing in the D.

People wanting to kick Dareus to end forget Ryan's ends don't rush the passer they occupy space and set the edge.

We may make the playoffs but we won't be good. Its on tyrod to overcome Rex's setbacks

thats actually why I don't see them going with an edge rusher in the 1st. Rex schemes pass rush. I see a 5 tech if they go DL but with the draft depth there I would not be at all surprised to see CB or OT of the right one falls. Premium positions that are very hard to sign in FA and critical to the success of either scheme we currently run. Edited by YoloinOhio

thats actually why I don't see them going with an edge rusher in the 1st. Rex schemes pass rush. I see a 5 tech if they go DL but with the draft depth there I would not be at all surprised to see CB or OT of the right one falls. Premium positions that are very hard to sign in FA and critical to the success of either scheme we currently run.

the only player ID draft if we didn't go OT or CB would be tOSU LB Lee. I don't know if ID go with Apple over Conklin... hmm

Id go Hargreaves, Conklin, Lee, The other CB, Decker, Apple. There maybe another OT ID consider up there but ID rather fall back

Still using the Composite board because I think it's the most realistic...still ignoring guys I felt had no chance to be there:

1: R1P19
DT CHRIS JONES
MISS. STATE
Versatile, incredibly-talented lineman that Rex hopes he can keep motivated
2: R2P18
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
Athletic edge defender can rush the passer and acquit himself in coverage
3: R3P17
WR CHARONE PEAKE
CLEMSON
Size/speed combo offers play-making ability and chance to crack the depth chart's top 3 as a rookie
4: R4P19
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
His stock is on the rise, so hopefully he's still around--will contend for playing time at FS as a rookie
5: R4P41
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
Athletic OT with experience on both sides--can develop into a starter
6: R5P17
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
2-gap nose that can play minutes early in his career
7: R6P17
ILB BENIQUEZ BROWN
MISS. STATE
Coverage 'backer that could develop into a role player--I couldn't draft Elandon Roberts (Houston) because he isn't in the system :lol:
8: R6P43
QB BRANDON DOUGHTY
WESTERN KENTUCKY
Developmental QB

the only player ID draft if we didn't go OT or CB would be tOSU LB Lee. I don't know if ID go with Apple over Conklin... hmm

Id go Hargreaves, Conklin, Lee, The other CB, Decker, Apple. There maybe another OT ID consider up there but ID rather fall back

I like Lee as well......we need linebackers to make this work.

19: R1P19

DE NOAH SPENCE

EASTERN KENTUCKY

49: R2P18

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE

OLE MISS

80: R3P17

ILB JOSHUA PERRY

OHIO STATE

117: R4P19

OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT

ARIZONA

139: R4P41

K ROBERTO AGUAYO

FLORIDA STATE

156: R5P17

WR NELSON SPRUCE

COLORADO

192: R6P17

DT ADAM GOTSIS

GEORGIA TECH

218: R6P43

QB JAKE COKER

ALABAMA

DE NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE
OLE MISS
ILB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO STATE
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA
K ROBERTO AGUAYO
FLORIDA STATE
WR NELSON SPRUCE
COLORADO
DT ADAM GOTSIS
GEORGIA TECH
QB JAKE COKER
ALABAMA

umm, i do not care for the 19 pick and the other risky fellow you picked right after !!

Rogue draft thinking my man .

I liked how this fell when the Red Zone threat 6-2 43" WR was addressed first, then got some competition for Z.Brown. Fackrell off the edge, Washington is versatile on the inside,Cardale as a project, S is a sneaky need with the underrated Simmons and then an OT and CB.

WR JOSH DOCTSON

TCU

OLB SU'A CRAVENS

USC

OLB KYLER FACKRELL

UTAH STATE

DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON

OHIO STATE

QB CARDALE JONES

OHIO STATE

S JUSTIN SIMMONS

BOSTON COLLEGE

OT JOHN THEUS

GEORGIA

CB TAVON YOUNG

TEMPLE

Edited by The Thurmanator

I used the Composite board. I like this group a lot after the recent FA signing and re-assessing things.

DT SHELDON RANKINS

LOUISVILLE

S TJ GREEN

CLEMSON

WR CHARONE PEAKE

CLEMSON

TE NICK VANNETT

OHIO STATE

DE VICTOR OCHI

STONY BROOK

QB KEVIN HOGAN

STANFORD

OLB ERIC STRIKER

OKLAHOMA

OT TYLER MARZ

WISCONSIN

Every time I see the draft play out in a mock I wonder why we would need to go DT or DE so early. We have enough talent at that position it is not our number 1 need. Likely, though, there are going to be BPA's at that position, but we will really see. In this one, I'd be thrilled. Braverman was there at the last pick but I did not go for him, as he would likely be gone or be able to be got in UDFA. We'd have a good shot ot land him, too, as he would likely start. I don't see it playing out like this but we would easily walk away with 4 likely impact players (Henry, Correa, Henry and Hargreaves). Hargreaves would be amazing for nickel and insurance behind Gilmore. Hunter Henry would be a good pairing with Clay and running double TE sets. Correa would be a serviceable player at OLB in the 34. Willie Henry would be great to work in and play NT at time. Willie Beavers would be a great backup OT and long term prospect while McGovern could get time in camp at OT, as he has the size and skillset. Otherwise, a swing OG for backup. Higgins is one of the best WRs with regard to accomplishments, he would see time, too. Jared Norris may be the only long term prospect whom might not play immediately in 2016 but would likely play Special Teams. Braverman, would do great here, too.

CB VERNON HARGREAVES III
FLORIDA
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
WR RASHARD HIGGINS
COLORADO ST
OT WILLIE BEAVERS
W MICHIGAN
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
ILB JARED NORRIS
UTAH

Couldn't pass on Hargreaves when he was still sitting at 19 (sorry, Bill). This is the first mock that I've taken a QB higher than the 3rd Round. I agonized over it knowing that I was passing on some good options at other positions of need. I almost wish I hadn't when Prescott was still on the board in the 4th. Loved getting Peake in the 3rd and was happy getting Jones & Ochi that late. Cooper could slide in at RT and has the ability to play LT or kick inside, if needed.

CB VERNON HARGREAVES III
FLORIDA
QB CONNOR COOK
MICHIGAN STATE
WR CHARONE PEAKE
CLEMSON
DE JAMES COWSER
SOUTHERN UTAH
S MILES KILLEBREW
SOUTHERN UTAH
OLB DEION JONES
LSU
OT FAHN COOPER
OLE MISS
OLB VICTOR OCHI
STONY BROOK

umm, i do not care for the 19 pick and the other risky fellow you picked right after !!

Rogue draft thinking my man .

Thanks! If they're TRULY going BPA, I just didn't see a way around drafting those 2 in this draft. I kind of hope they took Nkemdiche off their board for character concerns though

Thanks! If they're TRULY going BPA, I just didn't see a way around drafting those 2 in this draft. I kind of hope they took Nkemdiche off their board for character concerns though

It is fine that we all bounce these ideas around for sure.

Learning a bit more about each player folks here mock helps me get a better overall picture . Instead of watching college ball, i just wait for you guys who do, start doing the comparisons and i learn more than i could just watching.

B-)