Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi thread

Just Jack

It was actually the best of all of them.

George Lucas sucks ass; the best thing that could ever happen is him hitting the highway and bringing in artistically talented people to steer the ship.

Lucas is a tech-toy geek who enjoys that aspect of movie making; he's not an artist like Francis Ford Coppola, for example.

So, "American Graffiti" was just dumb luck?

Rian Johnson is saying not to watch the trailer if you don't want spoilers:

@rianjohnson you said that we should avoid everything until TLJ comes out.. does that include this next trailer too?

Rian Johnson

Rian Johnson Retweeted Danieka

I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it. But it’s gooooood.....

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Doesn't the man get some credit for having the artistic ability to create the world to begin with? Along with the worlds of Indiana Jones and multiple other classic franchises in the 80s and 90s?

No, because...Kurosawa.

He even stole the wipe cuts from The Hidden Fortress.

No, because...Kurosawa.

Now this is a debate worth having with regards to Lucas - and I tend to agree. But I can't discount the guy's artistry when he's had his creative hand in some of the most pop-culturally significant films of the 80s and 90s. Especially when the first Indy is one of my all time favorite films.

No, because...Kurosawa.

Based on you mentioning it previously, I did watch Hidden Fortress and could see a lot of similarity's between the two movies, or maybe I saw them because I was looking for them.

So, "American Graffiti" was just dumb luck?

movie sucks

Just watched the trailer...

It's really tough to get past how freaking ugly Mark Hamill is these days, or his horrid acting. Bad acting is a hallmark of these films though, so that fits in.

BTW: that island that old Luke is hanging out on is rather small! What does he do there? Where does he sleep? It's like a big rock in the middle of the sea.

I also can't get past the new darth vader bad guy...forgot his character's name. He is the boyfriend from the HBO sitcom with the fat chick as the star...I can't get that role out of my mind when I see him trying to be "bad ass of the galaxy". Rather bad casting...another hallmark of the franchise.

I'll still go though and will enjoy the special effects; those new tweaked AT-ATs look cool too.

movie sucks

Just watched the trailer...

It's really tough to get past how freaking ugly Mark Hamill is these days, or his horrid acting. Bad acting is a hallmark of these films though, so that fits in.

BTW: that island that old Luke is hanging out on is rather small! What does he do there? Where does he sleep? It's like a big rock in the middle of the sea.

I also can't get past the new darth vader bad guy...forgot his character's name. He is the boyfriend from the HBO sitcom with the fat chick as the star...I can't get that role out of my mind when I see him trying to be "bad ass of the galaxy". Rather bad casting...another hallmark of the franchise.

I'll still go though and will enjoy the special effects; those new tweaked AT-ATs look cool too.

This guy thinks the bolded is hilarious... considering he was an unknown before being cast. I mean, he only went on to become the biggest movie star on the planet.

article-2143371-130DC4EC000005DC-143_964

This guy thinks the bolded is hilarious... considering he was an unknown before being cast. I mean, he only went on to become the biggest movie star on the planet.

Unknown? He'd already been in American Graffiti (for what, all of five minutes?). But before that he was a carpenter. And not the singing kind.

And who could forget kick starting the legendary career of Warwick Davis? :D

Wait a minute. If I'm reading this right is is episode 8......meaning it isn't the last one. Please tell me I'm reading it wrong.

Episode 8 this christmas

Han Solo Origin Movie 2018

Episode 9 2019

and I believe a Bobba Fett Origin movie 2020.........

That's all that has been announced for now if I recall, doubt Disney would want to keep this franchise going anymore though..............

Episode 8 this christmas

Episode 9 2019

That's all that has been announced for now if I recall, doubt Disney would want to keep this franchise going anymore though..............

What makes you think that?

Episode 8 this christmas

Episode 9 2019

Who TF is Bobba Fett?

It sounds like some disgruntled chef still mad that Emeril stole his Bam! Catchphrase.