Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi thread

Just Jack

• 2 months later...

Maybe the big reveal in the next one will be Snokes is really Jar Jar

my favorite theory so far is that it is mace windu. we saw him go out the window but we never saw him die. Darth plageuis is the most popular theory and another one id buy. come to think of it did we see a body for Darth sidious after getting thrown down the shaft?

Edited by section122

A chance, like not telling a bland "bad guy needs X to threaten the world," story or "CGI monsters are the villains so we can still appeal to little kids."

Directorial flair refers to the shots and cinematography. The original Iron Man directed by John Favreau had many beautiful shots and juxtapositions that you can't even find in some of the latest Marvel films. Example

. 8b6efae94b6597af4a455c0178f99d80.jpg

This is a cool shot. It's aesthetically pleasing. Show me something from Avengers 2 or Thor 2 that comes close. I don't think you can.

"Don't watch?" I thought we were talking about my criticisms of the films. CGI can be done tastefully, or it can be your whole movie and look like crap. The Star Wars prequels were almost entirely CGI and they sucked.

As the Marvel films have progressed, the characters have become caricatures. Any development we saw previously is thrown aside for funny quips and nothing of any substance. They have no motivations, they aren't real people, they are action figures. Which is boring.

An original theme would be taking a chance. Instead we get schlocky "Ultron wants to kill the Avengers because his computer logic believes that will protect humanity." That theme has been done 10000000000 times before. It's boring.

Now, not all Marvel movies suck. Just most of them.

Dr. strange was fantastic.

my favorite theory so far is that it is mace windu. we saw him go out the window but we never saw him die. Darth plageuis is the most popular theory and another one id buy. come to think of it did we see a body for Darth sidious after getting thrown down the shaft?

We never saw Obi Wan die either...he just sort-of fell through a trap-door in the floor.

We never saw Obi Wan die either...he just sort-of fell through a trap-door in the floor.

We never saw Yoda die either. He just kind of evaporated.

Then there's Darth Maul. Obi Wan killed him twice. Maybe third time's the charm?

We never saw Yoda die either. He just kind of evaporated.

Then there's Darth Maul. Obi Wan killed him twice. Maybe third time's the charm?

We never saw Governor Tarkin die, either.

Basically, we know Snokes isn't Porkins.

We won't know for sure until every other line from Snoke is "MFer this" or "MFer that".

We never saw Governor Tarkin die, either.

Basically, we know Snokes isn't Porkins.

thats what Abrams wants you to think.

My theory is that they used the Expanded Universe/Legends to dig up someone and retool them into Snoke.

I don't buy Mace Windu, why would he turn evil after trying to beat up Palp?

Doubt its Plagueis either. I think that would damage Palpatine's reputation. Having him kill his old master makes him seem more badass.

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

I don't buy Mace Windu, why would he turn evil after trying to beat up Palp?

way above my fandom but... He uses vaapad which balances light and dark. He also is the only one to use a purple lightsaber. Sith use red and jedi use blue. Mix them and you get purple. Further he was going to kill Palp without a trial before Anakin talks him out of it and then cuts his hand off. If you go on you tube there are some videos done about the theory. Here is one

• 2 months later...

Really? Have you seen Rogue 1? That was the best film in the franchise since Empire . . .

It was actually the best of all of them.

George Lucas sucks ass; the best thing that could ever happen is him hitting the highway and bringing in artistically talented people to steer the ship.

Lucas is a tech-toy geek who enjoys that aspect of movie making; he's not an artist like Francis Ford Coppola, for example.

It was actually the best of all of them.

George Lucas sucks ass; the best thing that could ever happen is him hitting the highway and bringing in artistically talented people to steer the ship.

Lucas is a tech-toy geek who enjoys that aspect of movie making; he's not an artist like Francis Ford Coppola, for example.

Doesn't the man get some credit for having the artistic ability to create the world to begin with? Along with the worlds of Indiana Jones and multiple other classic franchises in the 80s and 90s?