The Carolina Panthers’ Secret Weapon: Waffle House

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Eastern NC and go to the Waffle House quite a bit. Great breakfast!! I don't ever get any kind of meat, just get the eggs,hash browns, and toast. Always fast and decent, no complaints. Ironically the one menu item that they seem to struggle with making are their waffles. They seem to burn them or forget to make them half the time, but I don't bother with them.

Waffle House tends to be an acquired taste, kind of like White Castle which I also like.

No, Eh, No, No, No, No

Churches chicken is allright...sometimes.

I lived in the South for almost a decade. I can only assume by "secret weapon" they are referring to the sudden onset of an acute case of mudd-butt that often follows a trip to Waffle House.

Or drinking roo much 3.2 beer.

I moved to the Raleigh NC last year. My wife and I tried some Bojangle's fried chicken, and after a few bites, it was crunchy, slightly spicy, but it just had NO FLAVOR. How do you leave out the frickin' flavor? Maybe the desserts are good, but I won't buy their chicken again.

We had breakfast at a Waffle House in Vicksburg, Mississippi on our way driving across the country. It was memorable, but not exactly in a good way.

I live in Eastern NC and go to the Waffle House quite a bit. Great breakfast!! I don't ever get any kind of meat, just get the eggs,hash browns, and toast. Always fast and decent, no complaints. Ironically the one menu item that they seem to struggle with making are their waffles. They seem to burn them or forget to make them half the time, but I don't bother with them.

Waffle House tends to be an acquired taste, kind of like White Castle which I also like.

Where in Eastern NC?

regional stuff. ya like or you dont.

White Castle , everytime i hit Cinci, along with Skyline.

once i reached Kentucky, Cracker Barrel was a must.

IHOP was a big deal at one time.

Waffle house was always a truck stop diner in my mind.

and that's okay

used to be a girl in one of the nearby ones - she'd go out back with customers because she was wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild.

you have devolved this thread to your own definition of what is important in life.

when you get my age , food becomes as much art form as a sweet poon

Churches chicken is allright...sometimes.

Or drinking roo much 3.2 beer.

i had no idea there was such a thing as too much 3.2.

unless you are in a dry county !

I moved to the Raleigh NC last year. My wife and I tried some Bojangle's fried chicken, and after a few bites, it was crunchy, slightly spicy, but it just had NO FLAVOR. How do you leave out the frickin' flavor? Maybe the desserts are good, but I won't buy their chicken again.

We had breakfast at a Waffle House in Vicksburg, Mississippi on our way driving across the country. It was memorable, but not exactly in a good way.

lol

part of the road trip memories eh ?

I visited a Waffle House recently, and it was not nearly as good as the place I discovered 40 years ago. I guess thats probably true for most businesses.

as so many things are

like my ex wife for instance

Guys,

Waffle House is what it is. In the south we don't have the options like you Buffalo folks do at 2 am.

I was in South Carolina last week to visit my daughter. I think the local Wal Mart was the only other place open at 2 am. I never got to any of the Waffle House locations but will try them the next time I go see her. All season I root for the Bills and then all post season I root for anyone but the Patriots. Go Panthers.

Sounds good to me.

I remember going to one in Orlando, Florida. Was eating and a Palmetto Bug ran into my syrup and got stuck, just like the mosquito trapped in amber clip in Jurassic Park.

Other than that, love me some WH

Thats too funny right there!

Sounds like my first time... In a way. Moved down to the 757, started dating the bartender across the street and after closing down the bar shortly after one night, I said where do people get food here late night? She said there's a

"Waffee Hause" down the street. I asked if it was any good, and she said "Azz good azz we gotz?" and I thought this should be interesting...

Long story short, we sit down and a family of 4 "palmetto bug's" immediately scurries out from under the table and up the wall, I look at her and she proceeds to unleash the evenings hooch all over the table right then and there. So I explain what happened to the waitress as I clean of my jacket and apologize for the mess on the table, the gentleman behind us says "Jenny, its been bout 2 years since ya'll sprayed, I think its time." Haven't been back since and didn't even get to try the food, but at least I have that memory to this day, from what was otherwise a less than memorable night. True story.

"Palmetto Bug", lol, only in the south could a cockroach be given such a adorable name.

I live in NC, and I can't understand why the Waffle House and Bojangles gets any love. They both have horrible food. I am of course a transplant from NY, but I've lived down here for over 4 years and I have tried on several occasions, just is not good at all on both accounts. I'm partial to Chik-fil-a when it comes to southern fast food.

Down on the Mississippi Gulf Coast its always Waffle House after the bar at 2am. But if your eating Church's Chicken you must not have a Popeyes.

we have both in Cbus. In fact I have a Popeyes and a Waffle House within a couple minutes from home and have never been to either one in 9 years. Church's is about 15 minutes away and I've never been there either. Only "southern" joint I go to ChikFil A. What is good at Popeyes?