Buffalo Rising

billsfan_34

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who left the Buffalo area about 20 years ago - this is nice to hear. It will be interesting to see if Buffalo can become attractive enough to get Buffalo born people to come back.

I think it is more likely to get people born in another country, to come to Buffalo.
Edited by HoF Watkins

As someone who left the Buffalo area about 20 years ago - this is nice to hear. It will be interesting to see if Buffalo can become attractive enough to get Buffalo born people to come back.

There has been a pretty good trickle of people moving back so far. I'm one of them. Most of our Management team at work are people who recently moved back (Atlanta, DC, and Philly between us). I've had 2 high school friends who for the last decade swore they would never move back, move back in the last month.

It's not a surge by any means, but we're also starting to see the "brain drain" slow. And that has been Buffalo's biggest problem for the last 30 years. I couldnt believe how many "young people" (20-somethings) there are around the city and attending events. It wasnt like this when I left in 2005.

Additionally, there are also non-Buffalo born people moving here (and not just refugees). I've talked to a few people currently working for Solar City in California who plan on moving here when the factory is ready. M&T is adding over 100 IT jobs this year. There are more jobs than qualified candidates (in almost every industry), we just need to draw them in.

Edited by DrDareustein

The resurgence is joyous.

Comes with a serious sad note for me: Real Estate wise, I'm priced out of the neighborhoods I grew up in, and I'd like to return to.

The neighborhoods I can afford are dominated by dudes skulking about with hoodies. (hoodies comes up as error in spell check---damn political correctness!!)

God bless Buffalo.

The resurgence is joyous.

Comes with a serious sad note for me: Real Estate wise, I'm priced out of the neighborhoods I grew up in, and I'd like to return to.

I'm

The neighborhoods I can afford are dominated by dudes skulking about with hoodies. (hoodies comes up as error in spell check---damn political correctness!!)

God bless Buffalo.

I hope your able to return - best of luck.

I can agree as well. And it can start to be changed, but its going to take some time and some effort.

Yeah.. I've moved about the country. I've been at bigger cities run by a "city manager" (ie: some hired dude) and no "common council" that are more successful than Bflo.

Someone should put abolishing the City Mayor (tho I like this one) and minifying the Common Council on a voters ballot. Anarchisms of the past when we were a huge city.

...and that pathetic Board of Ed. Don't get me started.

Edited by boater

As someone who lived in Buffalo from 2011-2014 (after going to college at UB in the early 2000s) it was really cool to see everything start to shift.

And I agree with the guy who said Nine Eleven Tavern for wings. Best I have ever had, used to drive from North Amherst all the way down to South Buffalo for them/

I don't know about all that government stuff but I'd move back just for Wegmans.

LOL I love me some Wegmans!

As someone who lived in Buffalo from 2011-2014 (after going to college at UB in the early 2000s) it was really cool to see everything start to shift.

And I agree with the guy who said Nine Eleven Tavern for wings. Best I have ever had, used to drive from North Amherst all the way down to South Buffalo for them/

The 911 has fantastic wings!

Great video, read the story about the making of it wanted to see it, thanks for posting

Your welcome