Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised you all are upset about this. Is it because you all seem to not like Rex? It doesn't appear that he is the going to be the defensive coordinator or run the defense. Rob Ryan is a good defensive coach. He was quite good as a DC while in Cleveland. He ultimately wouldn't be called a successful DC after his time in New Orleans. But simply as an assistant? He was very successful with the linebackers in New England and I have seen a lot of people say they think your linebackers need a lot of help. It is funny that a lot of people here seem to want Mike Pettine back, but his defense completely failed in Cleveland (ranked worse than New Orleans). Rob's track record is actually better than Mike's. Unless they are firing Rex and replacing him with Rob, he isn't running your defense. Is it because of how he looks or because he is Rex's brother and you don't like him? What makes him a "clown?" He seems like he would be a good addition to a staff as an assistant.

If it comes down to how a guy looks, should the Browns not hire Matt Patricia?

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I am surprised you all are upset about this. Is it because you all seem to not like Rex? It doesn't appear that he is the going to be the defensive coordinator or run the defense. Rob Ryan is a good defensive coach. He was quite good as a DC while in Cleveland. He ultimately wouldn't be called a successful DC after his time in New Orleans. But simply as an assistant? He was very successful with the linebackers in New England and I have seen a lot of people say they think your linebackers need a lot of help. It is funny that a lot of people here seem to want Mike Pettine back, but his defense completely failed in Cleveland (ranked worse than New Orleans). Rob's track record is actually better than Mike's. Unless they are firing Rex and replacing him with Rob, he isn't running your defense. Is it because of how he looks or because he is Rex's brother and you don't like him? What makes him a "clown?" He seems like he would be a good addition to a staff as an assistant.

It is because I think he is a terrible coach.

It's actually really funny watching people B word about Rob Ryan being brought in. Apparently the guy was good enough to coach LBs for four years under Bill Belichick, but will be a complete disaster here even though he isn't the DC. Had the Patriots rehired him, everyone here would be dipping Belichick's nuts in their mouth saying how good of a hire it was.

It's actually really funny watching people B word about Rob Ryan being brought in. Apparently the guy was good enough to coach LBs for four years under Bill Belichick, but will be a complete disaster here even though he isn't the DC. Had the Patriots rehired him, everyone here would be dipping Belichick's nuts in their mouth saying how good of a hire it was.

Actually, I would be laughing.

Nope. Rob Ryan has been run out of several organizations because of how bad his defenses have been. outside of 2006 with the raiders. Rob Ryan has been DC of defneses that ranked at best 16th.

Nope. Rob Ryan has been run out of several organizations because of how bad his defenses have been. outside of 2006 with the raiders. Rob Ryan has been DC of defneses that ranked at best 16th.

He's not the DC. He has, however, won multiple Super Bowls and sent multiple guys to the pro-bowl as a position coach.

If you want to look closer, Rob Ryan's defenses have been pretty decent against the pass. His run Ds have been poor. What have people complained the most about this season's Bills D?

If you want to look closer, Rob Ryan's defenses have been pretty decent against the pass. His run Ds have been poor. What have people complained the most about this season's Bills D?

Watch Seattle play and you will be amazed at how a team with good LB's and safeties plays. Those are Rob's specialties so I don't want to completely knock it just yet if he can make us better at those positions. I don't think the players we need are on this roster though

interesting article.. i wonder if there were any Ryans on that 1934 Cincinnati Reds staff?

maybe Grandpa Ryan.. i can hear the post game presser now......

"I tell ya what.. i'm proud of these guys.. they never stopped fighting.. i'd be proud to share a foxhole with them.. oh.. wait.. i did share a foxhole with them.. and Hey! that turned out ok!"

From the "Glass Half Full" angle:

Maybe Rex knows he needs someone in the ranks who can tell him to shut the f up without worrying about consequences. Someone to tell him his game plan is sh-t and abandon it at halftime. He knows his personality/reluctance to adapt has dug himself a hole of sorts, maybe Rob is there as a check/balance to make sure that he doesn't bury himself in it.

From the "Glass Half Empty":

What does this say about who is running what when this is this the FIRST defensive move of the offseason? WTF.

Watch Seattle play and you will be amazed at how a team with good LB's and safeties plays. Those are Rob's specialties so I don't want to completely knock it just yet if he can make us better at those positions. I don't think the players we need are on this roster though

Trust me, I'm not blind to the hole we have at LB & S. Good news is these are positions where you get decent players at reasonable cap hits.