So who's buying a powerball ticket today?

USMCBillsFan

I am waiting for the $1 billion jackpot

Supposedly it's up to $1.4B right now, so will be at least $1.5B by Wednesday. But I heard last night that in addition to the standard annuity value, they apparently now add an assumed inflation rate just to pump up the 'max' dollar value.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this posted on FB. Man people are pretty dumb.

powerball2.jpg?w=770

BTW this is effing insane. After taxes you could give away a half a billion dollars and still have enough left over at 4% to generate $8,000,000 of annual income.

Edited by Chef Jim

powerball2.jpg?w=770

BTW this is effing insane. After taxes you could give away a half a billion dollars and still have enough left over at 4% to generate $8,000,000 of annual income.

I'd assume there's going to be multiple winners. Still a **** load of money, but more than likely not a new billionaire. Of course, if it really is one winner...WOW. Can't imagine the reality of something like that.

I'd assume there's going to be multiple winners. Still a **** load of money, but more than likely not a new billionaire. Of course, if it really is one winner...WOW. Can't imagine the reality of something like that.

No one will become a billionaire. Even if there is one winner taxes will likely take >50%.

I never, ever, ever play the damn lottery. However......................

powerball2.jpg?w=770

Ok so I pointed out on my friend's post on FB that shared this that someone needs to work on their math. I got this response:

its def wrong but we could still all benefit from few million. Actually is correct, thats a 4, not 9. But hey, I;ll take 2 mil after taxes.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

The thing that has bothered me about the lottery is the loss of anonymity because they just can't let you win and be provided the option of remaining anonymous. Only six states give you the option. Otherwise you are now known to the entire world.

You and your family are now a target for the desperate and everyone you know now expects something from you.

The thing that has bothered me about the lottery is the loss of anonymity because they just can't let you win and be provided the option of remaining anonymous. Only six states give you the option. Otherwise you are now known to the entire world.

You and your family are now a target for the desperate and everyone you know now expects something from you.

I would have no problem telling people to !@#$ off.

Ok so I pointed out on my friend's post on FB that shared this that someone needs to work on their math. I got this response:

its def wrong but we could still all benefit from few million. Actually is correct, thats a 4, not 9. But hey, I;ll take 2 mil after taxes.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Are you sure you weren't on Canadian Facebook?

powerball2.jpg?w=770

Even my wife who sucks at math caught that one right away when we saw it yesterday. I hope people track down this Philipe Andolini guy and see what other gems he has to offer.

I guess I can at least feel better about the people on my facebook list though. The image only showed up because of people commenting about it being wrong.