So who's buying a powerball ticket today?

USMCBillsFan

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the guy in cali is already pretty well off, allegedly...some hedge fund manager who is already worth millions

That happened here in CT a few years ago too. Considering you're going to need someone to manage that much cash anyway, I wonder if winners are going to hedge fund guys with the offer to let them manage the $ (or just pay them a fee) if they are willing to claim it and deal with the publicity. I know if I won, figuring out how to keep my name out of the papers would be a very high priority.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/14/best-boss-ever-bought-nurse-winning-powerball-ticket/

WOW!

Managers at a California nursing home said they have the best boss ever -— claiming that one of the 18,000 Powerball tickets he bought for employees and patients won a split of the $1.5 billion jackpot for a senior nurse.

The apparent lottery miracle played out at the Park Avenue Healthcare & Wellness Centre in Pomona, a short drive from the 7-Eleven where one of the three winning tickets were bought for Wednesday night’s drawing.

That happened here in CT a few years ago too. Considering you're going to need someone to manage that much cash anyway, I wonder if winners are going to hedge fund guys with the offer to let them manage the $ (or just pay them a fee) if they are willing to claim it and deal with the publicity. I know if I won, figuring out how to keep my name out of the papers would be a very high priority.

If I were lucky enough to win I would be willing to pay millions to remain anyonomous

Apparently the Tennessee winners announced it on the Today Show this morning before even reaching out to the lottery commission. The last thing I'd want to do if I won was to immediately become an attention whore. I'm also not flying halfway across the country with my ticket to do so. Even if there is some level of public announcement required with winning, I'm trying to minimize that as much as possible. Instead, these people have every scammer in the world already forming a line.

Apparently the Tennessee winners announced it on the Today Show this morning before even reaching out to the lottery commission. The last thing I'd want to do if I won was to immediately become an attention whore. I'm also not flying halfway across the country with my ticket to do so. Even if there is some level of public announcement required with winning, I'm trying to minimize that as much as possible. Instead, these people have every scammer in the world already forming a line.

I saw that crap and the guy had the ticket on him. I wonder how happy he will be if he gets mugged.

This idiot needs throat punched. And any idiot who contributes to her GoFundMe page needs throat punched too. As if it's not bad enough she spends every penny she had, she's openly admitting to needing money to play again! I honestly just don't get people. This country is in serious trouble.

This idiot needs throat punched. And any idiot who contributes to her GoFundMe page needs throat punched too. As if it's not bad enough she spends every penny she had, she's openly admitting to needing money to play again! I honestly just don't get people. This country is in serious trouble.

The best part is she's asking for money so she can "spend another fortune trying to hit it big again".

Yet another 'struggling' American who working people should be doing more to 'support'.