Report: Titans to squander position, hire Mularkey

Please let this happen

Daniel Phillips ‏@danphillipsNFL 2m2 minutes ago

Josh McDaniels is likely the top HC candidate for Jon Robinson when he is named Titans general manager. Robinson will be announced on Thurs.

I call BS on this...Marrone is clear front runner because he is one of the top 3 head coaching candidates and the other 2 are already off the table. Doug will be next coach selected.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call BS on this...Marrone is clear front runner because he is one of the top 3 head coaching candidates and the other 2 are already off the table. Doug will be next coach selected.

Mr. Sexton and Mr. Schefter agree with you, but not too many other folks...

Word in TN is that this GM was hired in large part because the other GM candidates were against keeping Mularkey, but he was willing to squander the team's amazing opportunity to build something special and keep a proven failure whose big bright idea is "cheesburgers!"

LOL

Edited by TheFunPolice

But...Marrone just interviewed yesterday and now they are adding new candidates to the pool? Not a good sign for Douggernaut

@rapsheet

#Titans defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview for the head coaching job Saturday, as @JosinaAnderson said.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe not.

Some teams may not meet his expectations.

surely he is the front runner! but its gotta be the right fit for Marrone.

He will surely get sign from above when the offer is right.

This.

I think he will interview, but turn them down. Looking for more of a challenge, is what Schefter is reporting.

Marrone Sexton and Schefter in a bar.

Sexton says " well whaddya think? and gimme another Scotch "

Schefter says " next year is the year the iron will be hot and gimme another Scotch too, make it a double"

Marrone says " Just set the bottle in front of us "

Bartender says " Obviously "

chuckles from the dishwasher and the drunk chick

Should Mike Mularkey get hired it's going to be primarily for one reason and that is the work he did with Marcus Mariota as offensive coordinator.... NOT!

Mularkey was the tight ends coach and when the team fired HC Ken Whisenhunt they named Mularkey the interim HC. He went 2-7 this year after Whisenhunt went 1-6.

Even giving Mularkey a long look also has me puzzled because 18-39 says he pretty much sucks as an NFL HC. Like someone else said that Titans job is going to be a great opportunity for the next HC. With Ray Horton as the DC and Dick LeBeau as assistant HC. They already have their future franchise QB in Mariota.

Watch Maroon get hired and bring Hackett with him to ruin that young QB.