Sports quotes you hate

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Walk off"

Started with the "walk-off home run". Now we have the "walk-off single". Pretty soon we'll have the "walk-off ground out to short".

I've even heard it used outside of baseball this year. I heard ESPN use the phrase, "walk off touchdown" and "walk off field goal" when they were scored after time expired.

I've even heard it used outside of baseball this year. I heard ESPN use the phrase, "walk off touchdown" and "walk off field goal" when they were scored after time expired.

I'm starting to hear it in other sports, too. "Walk-off triple axel." "Walk-off discovered check." "Walk off three-bid no trump."

The walk off should walk off

I'm starting to hear it in other sports, too. "Walk-off triple axel." "Walk-off discovered check." "Walk off three-bid no trump."

I remember some announcer using it for one of the NFL games this year, but I can't remember the context. Probably one of the overtime games.

I guess the Rams and Chargers are going to be walk-off franchises.

The phrase would be a lot better and tolerable if it was "fukk off" instead of "walk off." Like I would fully and continually support any announcer who just said "The game ended with a fukk off homerun."

It's like F-U money.

"The hoop and the harm" Our local TV sports wannabe broadcasters say that when they give basketball highlights and a player makes a shot while being fouled. Once was ok, but they work it in multiple times per broadcast. Enough!

"BillsMafia" I may be unpopular for saying this, but this annoys me. I could go on about racial stereotypes, etc., but I just find it immature, unimaginative, inappropriate, embarrassing, and just plain dumb.