Jerry Sullivan

the last words from his article today. the two changes are we cut Mario and have perhaps a tougher schedule next year. and he says things could get worse next year. I know this negativity thing is his tagline and his everlasting M.O. sure, the world could end next year too. but we found an effective QB, and owner spending on offensive talent across the board, a front office who can source talent and an offensive scheme that works, and this guy has to throw cold water on everything. glad I live in DC and don't have to read this stuff all year....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the last words from his article today. the two changes are we cut Mario and have perhaps a tougher schedule next year. and he says things could get worse next year. I know this negativity thing is his tagline and his everlasting M.O. sure, the world could end next year too. but we found an effective QB, and owner spending on offensive talent across the board, a front office who can source talent and an offensive scheme that works, and this guy has to throw cold water on everything. glad I live in DC and don't have to read this stuff all year....

Why are you reading him if you know what he is? If you're glad you don't read this stuff all year, why are you reading it now?

Mods: can we please somehow tag Sully articles on TBD so we can better "see and avoid"?

Sure, it could get worse. It could also get better. That's why they play the games.

Coming into the season I predicted a better team, with a worse record, based on the schedule. I ended up being right from a record standpoint, but it ended up not being the schedule that was the problem, but rather our team.

Mods: can we please somehow tag Sully articles on TBD so we can better "see and avoid"?

The thread title didn't do it for you?

If you mean can the articles on TSW be tagged...that would be a question I can't answer, bu I know a guy who knows a guy.

It is a hard 2016 schedule looking at this point in time. Things always change during off-seasons but at the moment I'd take the under on 8 wins I am afraid to say.

The schedule thing is impossible to predict. No one thought that the NFC East would be so bad this year, or that Baltimore would have such a poor season.

It is certainly possible because of the cap situation. They are in a really tough position this off season. The Bills will not be able to just add pieces to improve and complement the roster. Essentially they will have to create holes (cut players) just to keep some of their current players let alone trying to add pieces via free agency and filling the players they cut to free up some cap space.

This very well could be a worse roster next year.

The schedule thing is impossible to predict. No one thought that the NFC East would be so bad this year, or that Baltimore would have such a poor season.

Exactly. Strength of schedule predictions are like grading a draft the day after you finish picking. Its meaningless.

I ignored Sully's article til now, but laughed my way through it. There are too many other ways to get real football insight these days, so the only way left for Jerry to get paid is the controversial negative whiner article. Sad really.

I don't know where Jerry gets this from that the team is going to regress next year. Who knows at this stage what will happen next year. Sully sadly has made a living off of being the negative guy.

Ahhh, the Monday morning Jerry Sullivan thread.

You know, it doesn't matter where you live. You don't have to read that stuff....ever, if you choose not to.

lol....i especially love the threads simply titled "Jerry Sullivan."

at least once a month a jerry bitchfest pops up with that same title and same-sounding complaint.

"OOOOOHHHHH he's so MEAN!"

i don't happen to agree with him, but we'll see. surely predicting doom and trouble for the bills has been a winning hand for a long time.

I am actually a guy that normally doesn't mind Sully's articles. A lot of what he says is the truth...and sometimes Bills fans simply can't handle the truth.

That being said, I thought that his articles yesterday and today were God-awful. Yesterday he was stating that we should root for Fitz and why root for Mario to have 3 sacks when we know that he is as good as gone? Yes, I like Fitz, but root for a hated division rival to beat us at home so they can go to the playoffs? Um, no.

Today he sounded bitter because his prediction (as well as the other BN sports writers) were completely wrong. Then to throw salt in the wound, he said that chances are that the Bills would most likely be worse next year. Thanks for that last little boost of optimism there, Jerry!

I am actually a guy that normally doesn't mind Sully's articles. A lot of what he says is the truth...and sometimes Bills fans simply can't handle the truth.

That being said, I thought that his articles yesterday and today were God-awful. Yesterday he was stating that we should root for Fitz and why root for Mario to have 3 sacks when we know that he is as good as gone? Yes, I like Fitz, but root for a hated division rival to beat us at home so they can go to the playoffs? Um, no.

Today he sounded bitter because his prediction (as well as the other BN sports writers) were completely wrong. Then to throw salt in the wound, he said that chances are that the Bills would most likely be worse next year. Thanks for that last little boost of optimism there, Jerry!

I get the impression from the article he took offense to the shade Rex through their way about being a "bad defensive coach". Jerry comes of as petty and petulant in this one. I agree that he is usually more right than wrong and it is tough for people to hear but he can be a real curmudgeon sometimes and is out of line.

This and the time he called into NE radio and declared the Bills and Mario frauds come to mind. I also thought he was brutally unfair to TO when he was here right off the bat. He just hated that he was a Bill.

Jerry's shtick got old a long time ago.

Edited by blitzboy54

I did think the NFC East would suck in all honesty.... but I also thought Baltimore would win the Superbowl... so I do agree with the general point and I did say things always change over the offseason.... but looking at it as it stands today, which Sullivan was doing, I can see why you might think it gets worse before it gets better.

I don't read Jerry's articles any more but I do follow him on Twitter because the brilliant stupidity of his 140-character musings is too good to pass up. Yesterday he tweeted that the Bills' missed PAT would be "the spark the Jets need."

It is a hard 2016 schedule looking at this point in time. Things always change during off-seasons but at the moment I'd take the under on 8 wins I am afraid to say.

We just went 4-2 in the division. And face the Browns, Jags, Raiders, Ravens, Niners and Rams next year.

You can't count more than seven victories there?

Okay.

We just went 4-2 in the division. And face the Browns, Jags, Raiders, Ravens, Niners and Rams next year.

You can't count more than seven victories there?

Okay.

At this moment in time - I think it is unlikely we win 4 in the division again next year and I expect some of those teams to be better. People need to stop being so defensive about this. I may well view things differently in August, but I do not think it is all that ridiculous for Jerry to say it might be worse than 8-8 next year because presently I share those concerns.