Robert Woods

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After his rookie year, some folks were saying Woods was better than Stevie Johnson. After last year, he's not good enough to be the #2.

We aren't going to be a passing offense where a number 2 wr will ever shine. Check Roman's resume. And Taylor is essentially a one read qb. Woods is perfectly fine as a number 2.

If Woods is going to be our #2 WR, then who is going to block for him? He can't block for himself.

Word on the street is we going straight wishbone. Rex is getting ahead of the league by going back to the beginning of football. The Genius isn't in Foxboro. He is eating hicken wings at the Big Teee.

After his rookie year, some folks were saying Woods was better than Stevie Johnson. After last year, he's not good enough to be the #2.

We aren't going to be a passing offense where a number 2 wr will ever shine. Check Roman's resume. And Taylor is essentially a one read qb. Woods is perfectly fine as a number 2.

My main concern is what the WR corps looks like after Watkins and Woods. I see no WR that I'm comfortable with in the slot. Then I get queasy thinking about one of the depth WRs stepping in if Watkins or Woods get injured. Or even just rotating in to give one a breather.

My main concern is what the WR corps looks like after Watkins and Woods. I see no WR that I'm comfortable with in the slot. Then I get queasy thinking about one of the depth WRs stepping in if Watkins or Woods get injured. Or even just rotating in to give one a breather.

We all felt the same way when Hogan was brought onto the roster as well

we have NINE wide receivers on this roster......most of the ones brought in at the end of last year were size weight guys......and we are talking about the THIRD spot on a run dominant offense

I think most did. I know I did.

Until it came out that he played through a torn groin for much of the year. Then it kind of made sense.

110% agreed

:beer:

We don't pass the ball enough to waste another high pick on a WR. If they find value in mid-late rounds that can surpass Woods that's great, until then I'm fine with Woods being the 2...we have a defense to revamp and half our offensive line looks like Swiss cheese.

Get healthy Woods.

The O line looks like swiss cheese?

This might be the best O line we have fielded in ten years or more

While healthy Taylor was looking at Harvin a ton. You would have to ask the film room posters but I bet his looks/targets rivaled Sammy's.

They exceeded him by the eye ball test. He kept looking for Harvin. Even I saw that

We had a QB who got everyone involved back then.

do not discount this point anyone.

Word on the street is we going straight wishbone. Rex is getting ahead of the league by going back to the beginning of football. The Genius isn't in Foxboro. He is eating hicken wings at the Big Teee.

Awesome post Biscuit lol !!

Watkins goes down, shudder at the thought.

Ban your self.

But this is a serious concern. Teams will just rush TT until we can get a pass game going.

Roman and TT better learn to spread the ball around and soon

Edited by 3rdand12

We all felt the same way when Hogan was brought onto the roster as well

we have NINE wide receivers on this roster......most of the ones brought in at the end of last year were size weight guys......and we are talking about the THIRD spot on a run dominant offense

The third WR plays more than a FB or the second TE - and that is when no one is injured. I'm concerned with Watkins and Woods as starters - or rather Woods as the #2. The KC game shows what happens when defenses play press with the CB and also line a safety up over Watkins. Woods can't draw off that coverage or exploit it. The Bills need another speed WR on the outside to stress defenses and keep them from keying on Watkins. Woods is Not a bad WR, but he's not the speed guy needed and that's why I don't want him starting on the outside opposite Watkins. If the Bills found that additional speed WR I'd still want them to improve the depth at WR because they'd still be thin.

The Bills are a run first team because they have to be. That was their only choice based on their players. If Taylor improves as a QB and talent is added at WR do you really think they'd stick to the run, run, run, throw deep offense? I sure hope not.

Edited by BarleyNY

The third WR plays more than a FB or the second TE - and that is when no one is injured. I'm concerned with Watkins and Woods as starters - or rather Woods as the #2. The KC game shows what happens when defenses play press with the CB and also line a safety up over Watkins. Woods can't draw off that coverage or exploit it. The Bills need another speed WR on the outside to stress defenses and keep them from keying on Watkins. Woods is Not a bad WR, but he's not the speed guy needed and that's why I don't want him starting on the outside opposite Watkins. If the Bills found that additional speed WR I'd still want them to improve the depth at WR because they'd still be thin.

The Bills are a run first team because they have to be. That was their only choice based on their players. If Taylor improves as a QB and talent is added at WR do you really think they'd stick to the run, run, run, throw deep offense? I sure hope not.

Yes I do.....because that is Roman's offense.

So how would you improve the offense, or is it all set?

Offensive line. It functions well because it's well coached but if it had all pro players it would dominate. Roman has been this guy his whole career, he can't suddenly morph into Bill Walsh. Not under a head coach who does nothing to encourage that sort of adaptation.

I'm not an ol purist like it seems but this is who we hired, and where we're at. Jmo

Offensive line. It functions well because it's well coached but if it had all pro players it would dominate. Roman has been this guy his whole career, he can't suddenly morph into Bill Walsh. Not under a head coach who does nothing to encourage that sort of adaptation.

I'm not an ol purist like it seems but this is who we hired, and where we're at. Jmo

I want them to select an OT, but I'm not sure there will be value at 19.

I agree, it's probably just who Roman is...and that's another reason why I'm not very excited for this season. I mean, even when it was Jauron and Losman, I got my hopes up for a wild card. This season I expect them to shuffle the deck, and end up in the same place (7-9, 8-8, 9-7).

So how would you improve the offense, or is it all set?

I would like to see an additional speed receiver but I dont know where exactly it is going to come from.

Barring that

- A starting QB needs chemistry with his receivers.....not splitting reps between 3 guys and moving from a team to b. team to c team in training camp and pre season.....that alone will improve the offense

- Everybody likes to dismiss injuries......but you cannot dismiss them when it is to your key players......Sammy Watkins.....McCoy.....Woods....Goodwin.....Clay......heck nearly EVERYONE missed time last year....injuries WERE a factor.......a somewhat healthy season from the core guys will improve the offense

I want them to select an OT, but I'm not sure there will be value at 19.

I agree, it's probably just who Roman is...and that's another reason why I'm not very excited for this season. I mean, even when it was Jauron and Losman, I got my hopes up for a wild card. This season I expect them to shuffle the deck, and end up in the same place (7-9, 8-8, 9-7).

Funny I feel the exact same way. Every single season of the drought I've desperately hoped I'm right, this year I desperately hope I'm wrong. Maybe it's a good thing. :lol:

Yes I do.....because that is Roman's offense.

It's an offense that's easy to defend unless there is both a threat at RB and at least two deep threats on the field. Right now the Bills have one of each. That's best case if both are healthy and neither is being rested. A running threat at QB certainly helps, but it isn't nearly enough if the other pieces are not on the field. Right now at their best they don't even have the pieces to run Roman's base offense effectively, much less expand it beyond that concept.

It's an offense that's easy to defend unless there is both a threat at RB and at least two deep threats on the field. Right now the Bills have one of each. That's best case if both are healthy and neither is being rested. A running threat at QB certainly helps, but it isn't nearly enough if the other pieces are not on the field. Right now at their best they don't even have the pieces to run Roman's base offense effectively, much less expand it beyond that concept.

Why? It wasnt easy to defend last year?