Whaley & Rex End of Season Presser; 1 Year to Fix the Team?

@BuffaloBillsPR

The @buffalobills will hold a end-of-season press conference with GM Doug Whaley & HC Rex Ryan tomorrow at 4 PM.

@SalSports

Bills had coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley will both address the media tomorrow afternoon after players clean out lockers.

Watch: Whaley, Ryan Season Ending Press Conference (42:46)

The Bills general manager and head coach meet with the media to talk about about Tyrod Taylor's future, any possible changes, and the struggles of the defense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember last year when Whaley & Marrone were like "yeah everything's cool, don't worry about a thing, onward and upward" and then like 30 hours later we had a head coaching vacancy?

Yep. But it was also there that we basically found out that we were not going to retain Spikes and Searcy and would focus on Hughes.

I'm sure tomorrow's PC will involve talking about how they wanted to make the playoffs but their end of season wins against a moribund Dallas team and the Jets give them hope for the future.

What won't be addressed is how, with the same management in place, the result will be different in 2016.

They also won't talk about why it's acceptable to spend 125M+ in guaranteed money this season to go 8-8.

Management needs to be held accountable for getting the tools and failing to make the playoffs despite playing the NFCE and AFCS.

My pre-emptive apology for being a "hater." :lol:

I'm sure tomorrow's PC will involve talking about how they wanted to make the playoffs but their end of season wins against a moribund Dallas team and the Jets give them hope for the future.

What won't be addressed is how, with the same management in place, the result will be different in 2016.

They also won't talk about why it's acceptable to spend 125M+ in guaranteed money this season to go 8-8.

Management needs to be held accountable for getting the tools and failing to make the playoffs despite playing the NFCE and AFCS.

I for one just don't get how Bills fans are already excited for next year because their team managed to beat a Clownboys team with QB Kellen Moore making his first NFL start. Then beating the Jets with Ryan Fitzpasspick at QB to finish the season 8-8.

I can see Miami hiring a better HC for next year. The Jets obtaining a better starting QB for next year. The Bills just might not have two pushovers in the division next year and lord know Ryan isn't beating his idol. Then, who knows if the team can keep the penalties down and the game management working correctly. The special teams doing a good job and the defense actually attempting to rush the passer.

Things will never change until this team hires an actual football guy at the top. Not a hater, just a realist, and plenty frustrated that the wheels keep spinning like a 600 HP car on a rainy day.

I for one just don't get how Bills fans are already excited for next year because their team managed to beat a Clownboys team with QB Kellen Moore making his first NFL start. Then beating the Jets with Ryan Fitzpasspick at QB to finish the season 8-8.

I can see Miami hiring a better HC for next year. The Jets obtaining a better starting QB for next year. The Bills just might not have two pushovers in the division next year and lord know Ryan isn't beating his idol. Then, who knows if the team can keep the penalties down and the game management working correctly. The special teams doing a good job and the defense actually attempting to rush the passer.

Things will never change until this team hires an actual football guy at the top. Not a hater, just a realist, and plenty frustrated that the wheels keep spinning like a 600 HP car on a rainy day.

From where?

From where?

The Jets had a pretty solid team this year and the one big flaw was their QB who played well until he played against Buffalo. I dunno know it's not my job to find the Jets their starting QB for next year. If Geno Smith still stinks there are UFA Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Drew Stanton or the draft?

One position is usually easier to fill than retooling a defense. Wondering if the team will resign that LT who should have been a pro bowl starter, or their LT. So many questions yet to be answered in Buffalo.

I know I'd be feeling a whole lot better about next years team if the Bills had finished 10-5 this year and won the last 6 out of their last 7 games like the Jets did... save that last one.

The Jets had a pretty solid team this year and the one big flaw was their QB who played well until he played against Buffalo. I dunno know it's not my job to find the Jets their starting QB for next year. If Geno Smith still stinks there are UFA Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Drew Stanton or the draft?

One position is usually easier to fill than retooling a defense. Wondering if the team will resign that LT who should have been a pro bowl starter, or their LT. So many questions yet to be answered in Buffalo.

I know I'd be feeling a whole lot better about next years team if the Bills had finished 10-5 this year and won the last 6 out of their last 7 games like the Jets did... save that last one.

The Jets were the beneficiaries of a cake schedule this season. They are an older mediocre team that's going nowhere. The Bills are both younger and more talented. The Dolphins are in rebuild mode. You must be kidding with those QBs you listed and I'm sure Washington will re-sign Cousins anyway.

It's not that you don't (or can't) make good points, it's that this is all you do. Somehow you believe this is the only way to critically analyze your team. You know very well you can't just equate $$ spent and wins. Yes, the defense was a shocking surprise (in a negative way), but the offense was a revelation. If Taylor plays against Cincy and Jax who knows what we're talking about right now?

Positives: Tyrod, Karlos, Sammy, Incognito, Darby. The running game. Rex adjusted throughout the season -- after the replay challenge fiasco in KC those situations were managed much better.

They have already stated plainly and publicly that the season is a disappointment. What "accountability" do you want? They acquired a lot of tools in the shed, and most of them worked out pretty well.

List the GMs who are batting 1.000, please.

Don't forget to play along with the Bills press conference bingo card brought to you by @RDotDeuce

https://twitter.com/RDotDeuce/status/683810904077500416

this is amazing. I am obsessed with the Bingo cards that get made up for NFL broadcasts. I make them for each Bills game based on who the announcers are, but can't figure out how to post here. Edited by YoloinOhio