Revis - no words? You had one job...

YoloinOhio

Not sure stat wise, but I can't ever remember revis getting torched this bad in 1 game consistently

I googled this a bit, and this could have been revis's worst game. Looked like deandre Hopkins had a 5/115 and 2 TD game against him this year, but that was also the game where revis got injured. The only other bad game that popped up was when Stevie had a solid one against revis a few years back when he was with us.

I googled this a bit, and this could have been revis's worst game. Looked like deandre Hopkins had a 5/115 and 2 TD game against him this year, but that was also the game where revis got injured. The only other bad game that popped up was when Stevie had a solid one against revis a few years back when he was with us.

i am trying to find Revis season stats prior to this game. I just saw them this week. They are elite. He hasn't really lost a step, according to those.

even though it didn't show up very well in the stat column, Sammy showed us in the first Jets game how he's impossible to guard on that clutch 3rd down play near the end of the game.

here's a look at it. Guess which guy is 22 and which guy is 30 years old.......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25372374/look-watkins-absolutely-burned-revis-with-the-game-on-the-line

Ya that is crazy. Good for Sammy, especially considering he had no viable 2nd WR to help him. Amazing performance by him

i am trying to find Revis season stats prior to this game. I just saw them this week. They are elite. He hasn't really lost a step, according to those.

On football outsiders, he was the no. 1 CB last year. This year he has slipped, but I think they had him at no. 4 or 5 still. He is still elite, I think.

On football outsiders, he was the no. 1 CB last year. This year he has slipped, but I think they had him at no. 4 or 5 still. He is still elite, I think.

I agree. Revis is still elite. Watkins is just the best WR in the NFL. Imagine having a solid #2 opposite him, or a QB (TT) who he will have great chemistry with next year. I'm expecting J. Jones numbers next year from him.

A lot was made of Sammy turning Revis around on that third down play to seal the deal on the Thursday night earlier this year. That was the week before the Texans game and looking back I wondered whether Revis was playing through his groin issue against us. Maybe, maybe not. No excuses for him today. With Clay/Woods/Harvin out and Salas (who?) in, Jets should have been able to eliminate Sammy. They chose Revis. They chose wrong.