Dalton, Bridgewater, Oswellier, Wilson, Cousins, Smith. Palm

More than half the QBs in the NFL playoffs this year were passed on by Nix/Whaley in the draft, or not pursued in free agency when available.

Eight of the twelve teams are head coached by coaches hired after the NIx/Whaley era began.

It sort of ridiculous to consider Whaley as an above average GM in the face of all the evidence to the contrary.

He has shown zero knack for building a team. Decisions like spending over a 100 mm to sign your 4-3 DT only switch him to a 3-4 DT are really bad decisions. There are probably 100+ scouts in the league that are just as good at identifying individual talent. And probably millions of fans too. If you can't put the pieces together you are not a good GM.

We knocked the jets out

That means we won against a team with high motivation on a 5 game winning streak.

It was not meaningless

Meaningless to the Bills other than getting a slightly worse draft position. I hate all the other playoff teams equally. I take no joy in the Steelers making the Playoffs over the jets.

Except for Cousins, these QBs play for teams with very good defenses. Are you suggesting that Teddy Bridgewater or Brock Osweiler would have made the Bills a playoff team?

On your list, I'd only take Wilson and Palmer over Tyrod.

Even then, the Skins defense is pretty decent. A lot of those rosters are stacked.

that is what Im trying to say. Man, we will have 9 months to discuss this. The game just ended with a nice win and we are talking like this.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY. We could build a factory and make misery.

GEICO could make a commerical

If you're a Bills fan, you're miserable.

It's what you do

You know that today's game was a meaningless win right?

There are no meaningless games for the men playing the game. They play for jobs/money if not pride. If someone on the team felt the way you do they would be a loser who needs to be out the door.

Edited by purple haze

Ridiculous thread. The only one available since Whaley became GM was Bridgewater. We are now blaming him for everything that has happened since he has been in the organisation in the same way that everything that has happened for 16 years is Russ Brandon's fault.

You know that today's game was a meaningless win right?

I agree. It was a meaningless game for the Bills. We played hard but we played without the pressure of having to win. There is a big difference.

When it was nut up time and we played games we had to win, we failed.

We failed to beat bad teams like Philly, NYG, & Jax.

We failed to beat two good teams at home in NE and Cin.

We failed to win the second Pats game that we had to win. The Pats in the second half of the season were a very beatable team. Good teams win games they have to win.

We lost to a better prepared Wash team.

Throughout the season we were out-coached, under prepared, and the injuries reflect that we were poorly conditioned.

This team coulda/shoulda/woulda if only we had a better coaching staff and better team leadership.

Edited by jumbalaya

There are no meaningless games for the men playing the game. They play for jobs/money if not pride. If someone on the team felt the way you do they would be a loser who needs to be out the door.

I always find it laughable when people assert that a team has "nothing to play for". Really? As if the playoffs become out of reach and the players say, "Oh well, see you next year for more football." Every player has hundreds of people ready and willing to replace them.

Meaningless to the Bills other than getting a slightly worse draft position. I hate all the other playoff teams equally. I take no joy in the Steelers making the Playoffs over the jets.

Good for you. The rest of us will enjoy it then! :beer:

I always find it laughable when people assert that a team has "nothing to play for". Really? As if the playoffs become out of reach and the players say, "Oh well, see you next year for more football." Every player has hundreds of people ready and willing to replace them.

Exactly. Anyone with any sense realizes this game was meaningful to the players. Fans boil that all down to nothing because they aren't in the locker room.