Manny Lawson

All three LB's are average to bad. I expect two FA's and a rookie to play significant roles next season.

Doubt they just give up on Brown but he looks like a back-up or trade bait now.

Bradham lost a lot of money this year. I suspect he signs a one year deal - maybe with Seattle who have cap issues and need new/cheap bodies on defense.

I have always really liked this guy. Toward the tail end of last year and the start of this year watching him, as it appears he was done, come back to be a consistent and valuable players gives me hope.

I hope it's not Rex, I hope it's not just a new system, I hope it's not crappy LB's... I hope.

I like Manny but that is an awful system then. He is one defensive player who improved this year. That's a problem but props to him.

I agree. But I accept:

(1) scheme won't change with wrecks

(2) bilz committed to wrecks

(3) thus the d roster must and will be blown up, only a few fit. Manny does. Keep 'em

(4) yeah I hate this, I still feel it's 6-10 next year

But I just read in a thread yesterday that he was old and washed up. What to believe? The number

after his age: or his play on the field each week?

He and Graham have been the best defensive players on the field for most of the year and I agree with the OP, Lawson had a monster game today!

I think he's a good depth tweener starter guy. As he's been solid in coverage under Pettitine and a solid option under Ryan. I keep him around but still be looking in the draft in the top 4 rounds for a guy that can compete with him to start.

he had a good year.

still think he is a cap casuality

2016 cap hit $3,400,000

dead money only $750,000

You can't cut all of the decent (and decently paid) players simply for the sake of cap room. The Bills' cap situation isn't going to be that bad anyway. Edited by dave mcbride

You can't cut all of the decent (and decently paid) players simply for the sake of cap room. The Bills' cap situation isn't going to be that bad anyway.

2016 it looks good but 2017 could be a dangerous cap year as Tyrod will be free and Gilmore's contract will be up. As a result I think the Bills won't be dishing out many big money deals this offseason.

Manny was in Beast mode!

You can't cut all of the decent (and decently paid) players simply for the sake of cap room. The Bills' cap situation isn't going to be that bad anyway.

The cap is estimated to go up to $160 million next year we'll have room to keep him

I'm glad to see Lawson getting love from the fans.

I've liked his play with us since he got here.

I didn't like how he was used with Schwartz, because he's not a DE.

He had a rough first half of the season, but he rebounded in the second half.

I don't know how much football he has left, but I would love to see him remain a Bill.

I agree. But I accept:

(1) scheme won't change with wrecks

(2) bilz committed to wrecks

(3) thus the d roster must and will be blown up, only a few fit. Manny does. Keep 'em

(4) yeah I hate this, I still feel it's 6-10 next year

So u want Someone to bite

Why do u keep posting this

Right tool right job. He will continue to shine in RR's system. Hopefully he shows the league that next year!!! I'ma billiever.

Great guy, great game! Integral in this D and a leader.

Leader. Exactly! Need more of em. FJ left a huge void. TT, Watkins and Lawson starting to fill void.

One more year of Manny so his eventual replacement (whoever that may be) can see what it takes to play in Rex's system. By the end of the season it appeared as though he was one of the only guys who got it well enough to be consistently effective. Rex likes to hold on to these type of guys even if it means that the mental aspect plays a greater part than the physical aspect.

Id be curious- what was his snap count this year? I'll admit to not really paying close attention to his percentage of plays on the field.

I actually think he played his best football at the end of the year when he was moved inside and him going inside seemed to help Preston Brown too. If one of the issues with Brown has been his ability to diagnose plays, which he is required to do much more in this scheme than he was in Schwartz's where he was asked to get downhill to the football then having a really smart and experienced vet like Manny in there with him is not the maddest idea is it?

I think they will look for a playmaker at linebacker in the draft, but they are also going to bank on Preston Brown playing better in year 2 in the scheme and I think they would love to keep Lawson too.

Id be curious- what was his snap count this year? I'll admit to not really paying close attention to his percentage of plays on the field.

Pretty high - not including the final game, 644 for defense and 175 for ST: http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=4904 . His snap count went way up as the season went on, as you can see.

Edited by dave mcbride