2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckner also with a 5.06! Crazy for these big guys!

UCLA's Clark with a 5.07!

This is a perfect draft for the Bills to reload the front seven. Bye Mario!

Clemson's Dodd with a 4.86. A guy to keep an eye on for the Bills.

DT Hargrave with a 4.94!

you ain't kiddin Brother. trade down and get 3 or 4 D players who could start. Screw Roman and his needs!

Not a Ragland guy, but yes to the other two at 19

At 49, I'd like Fackrell or the Correa kid from Boise State

I wouldn't have an issue with DL at 19. I do think they need to find a starting LB in one of the top 2 rounds though

or two perhaps. i could sub an edge rusher, DT a bit later ?

Hence my dream of a trade down opportunity. I know it is unlikely at 19 but one can dream

Why use another first round pick on a stay at home lineman. The run d was fine last year. All we really need on the line is a nose tackle. At one end is dareus and the other we have Wynn, Charles and Bryant. what do you expect to change with another two gapper?

Linebackers are the playmakers of this defense and are sorely lacking.

BPA is great but needs to be kept in context. If their highest grade is on a punter or fullback that won't be the pick. BPA really means BPA at a position of priority.

Edited by Aaron

Bosa went full Watkins on Twitter tonight, then deleted. There were some stalkers who dug up old tweets of his and were sending them to him. He told them he'd be retired by the time he's 35 and they will be still slaving away to pay back their student loan debt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why use another first round pick on a stay at home lineman. The run d was fine last year. All we really need on the line is a nose tackle. At one end is dareus and the other we have Wynn, Charles and Bryant. what do you expect to change with another two gapper?

Linebackers are the playmakers of this defense and are sorely lacking.

BPA is great but needs to be kept in context. If their highest grade is on a punter or fullback that won't be the pick. BPA really means BPA at a position of priority.

I think we def take a LB in the 1st, its a position of need and since theres a lot of good prospects at LB and Dline this season chances are 1 of the top 5 BPA at pick 19 is gonna be a LB . So I could see LB and DE/DT being the 1st two picks.

I think we def take a LB in the 1st, its a position of need and since theres a lot of good prospects at LB and Dline this season chances are 1 of the top 5 BPA at pick 19 is gonna be a LB . So I could see LB and DE/DT being the 1st two picks.

I am still trying to come up to speed on this year's prospects, but I am not seeing a lot at LB right now that would lead me to pick one over one of the DL. I don't think you can take Jaylon Smith in round one due to his serious injury, Myles Jack will be long-gone, not sold on Darren Lee with his undersized frame in this D and Reggie Ragland is good but has his limitations in pass coverage.

Of those, I think Ragland may be the beast fit for this D, but I am not sure that he is a real impact guy. I am just not sure where Darren Lee would play in our defense and I worry that he would be exploited in the run game - something that will already be suffering without Mario Williams.

I mentioned him in the LB thread but if he's there Shaq Lawson seems to be the DL/LB hybrid we could be looking at.

would be a great fit

@alexmarvez

.@Shaq_Lawson90 said @Titans, @Steelers & @Browns among teams that asked whether he could play 3-4 OLB. Shaq says he's comfortable there.

"Had great conversation w Rex Ryan.....we were vibing" - @Shaq_Lawson90 on talking w @buffalobills HC at Combine

#BillsMafia

@viccarucci

Clemson DE Shaq Lawson w me on @SiriusXMNFL on meeting #Bills Rex Ryan @ Combine: "Me & Rex had a great conversation. Just a great meeting."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Defensive Front 7 fitting our system that I think might be there at #19 (My order of preference FOR THIS DEFENSE):

• Shaq Lawson (won't be there, but a fellow can dream)
  • Jarran Reed as a DT34 - Statistically the best run-stopper 2 years running.
  • Andrew Billings as a DT34 and DT43 - Slides Dareus out to 5-tech, needs to platoon with TJ Barnes and maybe a Day3 pick
  • Sheldon Rankins as a DT43 --I like him less as a DE34 than DT43, but he's amazing as a runstopper, which was awful in 2015.
  • Leonard Floyd Georgia OLB34 -- great player ranked here mainly because I don't see him at DE, size issue
  • Robert Nkemdiche as DE34 but also DT43 - interviews didn't go well. Bills want less risk, but this is high reward. Speed's a concern, but not if falling out a window.
  • Noah Spence as an OLB34/DE43 - Dropped a bit after Combine interviews; Shaq Lawson essentially switched places with him.
  • Kevin Dodd Clemson as a OLB34 -He's 6'5" 280, also plays DE43
  • Jonathan Bullard as a DE43, but little dropoff as a DE34. I see him being drafted by 4-3 team earlier
Edited by Astrobot