2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD4.

Harvin's as good as gone, Woods hasn't shown it, so we still don't have a #2 WR--the high-pointing, tall, feature WRF (unless maybe it's Dez Lewis), as well as the Harvin role. These guys are listed as WRS in DraftTek, so we may need 2. Both carry the P3 designation.

It is a buyer's market for WRs, with lots of WRs declaring and fewer teams needing them than most years.

RD4 is my guess, it's a buyer's market in the draft on Wrs, and my 4 favorites, Travin Dural, Nelson Spruce, Sterling Shepard, and De'Runnyea Wilson might be available there.

Should Laquon Treadwell be there at #17, I'd think twice ...before drafting a lineman.

Day 3 gems:

WRS BRALON ADDISON OREGON (pick 133 on our board, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

WRF LEONTE CAROO RUTGERS (pick 149, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

S-WRF MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA (240, likely moving up with his bowl game; no word on Bills scouts)

WRF CHRIS BROWN NOTRE DAME (364)

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2016-Draft.asp

Edited by Astrobot

TE=P6. We brought Clay in, he's on IR. We let Chandler go. Gragg's serviceable, and Mulligan gets a mulligan.

Marqueis Gray could return from IR whole and fast, which would reduce the need here to P6 or P9.

O'Leary's made some nice plays, as well. If the Bills get a trade-down pick, they may take a Day 3 TE who is a good blocker who can catch the ball.

Who'd be there on Day 3? Of those who have had scout visits, I like Nick Vannett RD4, and don't think Kyle Carter adds anything. Two RD5 players the Bills scouts haven't been seen at include TE BRYCE WILLIAMS EAST CAROLINA and TE JERELL ADAMS SOUTH CAROLINA, and maybe TE JAKE MCGEE FLORIDA in RD6.

I think they pin their hopes on Clay, Gray, O'Leary, and sign a UDFA (TE BRAXTON DEAVER DUKE 255).

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Tight-Ends-2016-Draft.asp

That kid Cajuste from Stanford could be a value pick late

He's intriguing but wonder about his down the field speed which always a concern with big WRs, he's teammate Hooper is a decent TE prospect too. I'd love for us to grab a TE early to build on our depth and make our offense that much scarier, Jake Butt from Michigan is intriguing as he has size and comes from the Harbaugh offense who of course we know Roman has ties too. I'd also take a chance in UFA on someone like Coby Fleener or Garrett Celek as think both could be bargain options that could step in as #2s here and improve our depth immensely.

Edited by The Jokeman

He's intriguing but wonder about his down the field speed which always a concern with big WRs, he's teammate Hooper is a decent TE prospect too. I'd love for us to grab a TE early to build on our depth and make our offense that much scarier, Jake Butt from Michigan is intriguing as he has size and comes from the Harbaugh offense who of course we know Roman has ties too. I'd also take a chance in UFA on someone like Coby Freener or Garrett Celek as think both could be bargain options that could step in as #2s here and improve our depth immensely.

Coby Fleener?

Butt is going back to school

"Let's get a WR in the 4th round"

I don't get this kind of thinking. The 4th round is a real crapshoot, so waiting around to find a starter that would take pressure off of Watkins there, seems like wishful thinking. We need someone better than Robert Woods (obviously). The only rounds that it would be reasonable to expect to get that kind of guy, would be the first 2 (and the even the 2nd is shaky).

If they don't select one high, they will need to get a good free agent.

Edited by HoF Watkins

"Let's get a WR in the 4th round"

I don't get this kind of thinking. The 4th round is a real crapshoot, so counting on finding a starter that would take pressure off of Watkins there, seems like wishful thinking. We need someone better than Robert Woods (obviously). The only rounds that it would be reasonable to expect to get that kind of guy, would be the first 2 (and the even the 2nd is shaky).

Asking a rookie to produce is shaky. I mean would you say that guys like DeVante Parker or Nelson Agholor were difference makers this year? Amari Cooper started strong but disappeared down the stretch. Then there are the injured guys in White and Perriman. I think if we're going to free up Watkins we might want to consider taking a RT or maybe a LB in Round 1 of the draft and sign a saavy veteran ala what the Texans did with Nate Washington/Cecil Shorts III. I'd also be willing to draft a WR in the first 4 rounds in the draft to build some depth behind Woods.