Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

Please explain to me and everyone else, how is going from 6-10 to 9-7 regression?

It's simple really.

We are talking offense, not the entire team. Doug Marrone had absolutely ZERO say in how the defense was run. He left that up to Schwartz. The offense regressed overall going from 19th in 2013 to 26th in 2014 in total yards(400 yards less). They rushed for 900 hard yards less. They scored less touchdowns in 2014(30) than in 2013(31). Number of penalties went up.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's simple really.

We are talking offense, not the entire team. Doug Marrone had absolutely ZERO say in how the defense was run. He left that up to Schwartz. The offense regressed overall going from 19th in 2013 to 26th in 2014 in total yards(400 yards less). They rushed for 900 hard yards less. They scored less touchdowns in 2014(30) than in 2013(31). Number of penalties went up.

But other than that, Marrone was on FIRE as an offensive genius in 2014.

But other than that, Marrone was on FIRE as an offensive genius in 2014.

i have no idea how anyone could watch that offense last year and call it anything but a piece of crap. I saw better offense in places with 3rd string QBs. You can't always blame that.

I can handle it fine. Particularly from you. Your insult says more about you than me. I have found it to be the case that those who rely on insults during a discussion know they come from a weak position. But, I've learned my lesson, Mods, I will stay on the high road.

I see that thin skin runs in the Bronx family. No wonder he left the five boros.

i have no idea how anyone could watch that offense last year and call it anything but a piece of crap. I saw better offense in places with 3rd string QBs. You can't always blame that.

100%. I don't know Mojo44 and he's clearly entitled to his opinion (no shame in it), it's just baffling to me personally.

I think people just look at last years record of 9-7 and assume it was all because of Marrone, it wasn't. The defense was the reason for that record. This is the same guy who hired Hackett to be a NFL offensive coordinator. Give me a freak break, Marrone will go to the Browns not Miami. Miami can get better coaches than that, probably Mike Shanahan.

His agent is amazing

@charleycasserly

My first two calls for Head Coaching interviews would be #Bengals Hue Jackson and former Bills HC Doug Marrone

Yea but is Doug Marrone the favorite for any job? I could of sworn he got the Jets job last offseason...

Yea but is Doug Marrone the favorite for any job? I could of sworn he got the Jets job last offseason...

he sounds perfect for this one! /s

@omarkelly

#Dolphins' next head coach will inherit a gutted roster, have little power, and face tons of pressure to win

Hackett was only handcuffed by the crap offensive personnel he had to work with , not Marrone. We now EJ is not a starting NFL QB. Marrone knew that faster than anyone. He was left with that old sloth, Orton and Marrone/Hackett some squeezed nine wins out that combo. Could have been 10 or 11 if Orton wasn't a coward (Denver game) and Bryce and Leodis didn't fumble the KC game away.

Marrone did the play calling and it was terrible. Dont we all remember or am I the only one. The defense was the only reason 9 wins happened.

I think people just look at last years record of 9-7 and assume it was all because of Marrone, it wasn't. The defense was the reason for that record. This is the same guy who hired Hackett to be a NFL offensive coordinator. Give me a freak break, Marrone will go to the Browns not Miami. Miami can get better coaches than that, probably Mike Shanahan.

I'm not a Marrone fan, but job #1 of any head coach is building a good staff. Marrone had two opportunities to hire DCs, and he struck gold both times. He genuinely deserves credit for that. If Parcells gets credit for promoting Belichick and bringing him wherever he went (and he should get credit for that), then Marrone should get credit for hiring Pettine and Schwartz.

Edited by dave mcbride

@armandosalguero

Depending on who it is, the next HC will also report directly to Mike Tannenbaum.

As I've written, Mike Tannenbaum is the epicenter of power for the Dolphins football side.

Forget Marrone/schwartz - maybe it could be Marrone/Pettine on a ticket?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not a Marrone fan, but job #1 of any head coach is building a good staff. Marrone had two opportunities to hire DCs, and he struck gold both times. He genuinely deserves credit for that. If Parcells gets credit for promoting Belichick and bringing him wherever he went (and he should get credit for that), then Marrone should get credit for hiring Pettine and Schwartz.

On the contrary, it was Whaley, Brandon who flew to NY to talk with Pettine and actually hired him. Then given that I also think it was the same two that hired Schwartz. Then they failed this last year when they told the Pegula's to "not let him leave the room" in referring to Rex Ryan.

Marrone gets credit for being an offensive line guru who fielded the very worst line in the league for most of 2014 along with hiring a moron as his OC.