Belichick Indirectly Takes a Shot at McCoy?

Vinaccia

When Vince Lombardi too over as the Giants OC he had by his own admission "a great many ideas... some good and some not so good". With time and input from players like Frank Gifford he refined his schemes and philosophies into one of the most effective offenses of the time. I see Chip Kelly the same way. He has lots of ideas and needs time and input to refine and develop them. The fact that many established coaches listen to him and have adopted some of his ideas speaks very highly of his concepts.

All Chip Kelly needs is time and a GM who shares his philosophy to work with. He can't be both head coach and GM effectively. Very, very few people can.

If I were an owner I would hire him in a heartbeat.

Edited by vincec

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea McCoy sucks that's why he's in the pro bowl and the Pats don't even have 1 RB that would make our roster

Yeah the pats suck, that's why they are not in the playoffs and the bills are....

truth is we don't have any players the Pats need.

Quiz:

What's the most important ability?

I am sure you are going to say winning despite the fact that without McCoy we likely would have been worse. We will just assume that going with a 5th round rookie in Karlos Williams would've been the smarter idea going into the season. :thumbsup:

Edited by What a Tuel

McCoy had moments but in general he had a poor season. Jackson has also had a rough year. I get the apologizing for McCoy because he is getting a celebrity bye from star starved Bills fans but why pretend DeSean Jackson is having a good year?

BADOL- OMG, let it go. We know, you can't stand McCoy. I refrained in your thread and read a bunch of other posts in different threads continuing to slam McCoy and it is very apparent, you can't stand the trade, you don't like him, he's a little better than average, we overpaid, and so on.

Got it. It's one thing to make a point and give sound reasoning, and you brought very interesting points to consider. It's another to keep banging a drum over and over and over again.

Lastly, so you know I'm not blowing up your original comments, because again, you've made interesting points. You just don't need to keep making them. On that note, Happy New Year bud, and when you have interesting original points, I for one want to hear it as you give people data to consider.

Yeah the pats suck, that's why they are not in the playoffs and the bills are....

truth is we don't have any players the Pats need.

They don't need any players because they have Tom Brady. We have better defensive lineman and running backs though

I am sure you are going to say winning despite the fact that without McCoy we likely would have been worse. We will just assume that going with a 5th round rookie in Karlos Williams would've been the smarter idea going into the season. :thumbsup:

That's not what he was going to say and your sarcastic comment is irrelevant to the conversation.

It's AVAIL-ability. This thread is about a coach ripping players....in the opinion of OP, McCoy specifically.......for "not doing much". When players get hurt, coaches have to find ways to replace them.........so you may excuse injuries, they don't want players who don't play.

BADOL- OMG, let it go. We know, you can't stand McCoy. I refrained in your thread and read a bunch of other posts in different threads continuing to slam McCoy and it is very apparent, you can't stand the trade, you don't like him, he's a little better than average, we overpaid, and so on.

Got it. It's one thing to make a point and give sound reasoning, and you brought very interesting points to consider. It's another to keep banging a drum over and over and over again.

Lastly, so you know I'm not blowing up your original comments, because again, you've made interesting points. You just don't need to keep making them. On that note, Happy New Year bud, and when you have interesting original points, I for one want to hear it as you give people data to consider.

It's a thread about McCoy. I didn't re-iterate my points I just pointed out that he didn't have a good season after Yolo said he and Jackson were both doing well.

You are projecting. If you don't want to hear takes about McCoy then don't read threads about McCoy or the running game.

And fwiw.......Bandit just entered that McCoy thread and hadn't read any of it prior to that.......so don't assume that just because you've read the thread that everyone else has.

It's AVAIL-ability. This thread is about a coach ripping players....in the opinion of OP, McCoy specifically.......for "not doing much". When players get hurt, coaches have to find ways to replace them.........so you may excuse injuries, they don't want players who don't play.

Well in that case then Edelman should be on Belichick's cut list. Same with Blount, Dion Lewis.....

Edit: On another note, if Belichicks word is gospel, then shouldn't we be heeding his word about coaches and 1 year contracts?

Edited by What a Tuel

Well in that case then Edelman should be on Belichick's cut list. Same with Blount, Dion Lewis.....

Edit: On another note, if Belichicks word is gospel, then shouldn't we be heeding his word about coaches and 1 year contracts?

Who is to say about next year with them and BB?.......he's not one to hold on to players who don't provide great value.

What they have going for them is that they are all cheap.

Unlike the very expensive LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson, for instance.

I'm just pointing out the difference between a coaches perspective and a fans.

Fans say "well he ran for x amount of yards in 8 games before he got hurt so he was on pace to have the same amount of yardage as that good year...........so it was a good year!"

Coaches say "if my aunt had balls........".

Because they are held accountable for wins and losses.

As for this argument about former Eagles players "playing well".........I think we've also forgotten Nick Foles........BENCHED in St. Louis.

BB is right........almost all of the players that the Eagles cut or dealt have not played very well at their new stops.

Maclin is the exception but he wasn't cut or traded.

Who is to say about next year with them and BB?.......he's not one to hold on to players who don't provide great value.

What they have going for them is that they are all cheap.

Unlike the very expensive LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson, for instance.

I'm just pointing out the difference between a coaches perspective and a fans.

Fans say "well he ran for x amount of yards in 8 games before he got hurt so he was on pace to have the same amount of yardage as that good year...........so it was a good year!"

Coaches say "if my aunt had balls........".

Because they are held accountable for wins and losses.

As for this argument about former Eagles players "playing well".........I think we've also forgotten Nick Foles........BENCHED in St. Louis.

BB is right........almost all of the players that the Eagles cut or dealt have not played very well at their new stops.

Maclin is the exception but he wasn't cut or traded.

See, I can see this point, there is a difference between coaches perspective, and a fans perspective. However McCoy hasn't had a history of injuries, and Belichick would have to be commenting on the fact that McCoy would have gotten injured anyway under Chip Kelly, and therefore would not have performed consistently over the entire season. McCoy's history has not shown that, and I hardly think that is what Belichick meant (assuming the OP is correct).

I especially don't think he was talking about McCoy because Chip went out and got Murray for about the same price, and he didn't perform well. They would have been better off with McCoy over Murray for the time he played.

Regardless I don't think the OP is right, I think it was more of a general jab that Chip didn't make all the wrong moves because a lot of the players he got rid of weren't the superstars people made them into. That isn't necessarily a jab at McCoy, I would say he is one of the few that performed well out of the bunch.

McCoy had moments but in general he had a poor season. Jackson has also had a rough year. I get the apologizing for McCoy because he is getting a celebrity bye from star starved Bills fans but why pretend DeSean Jackson is having a good year?

ok, then...all 3 had better seasons then the players Kelly acquired to replace them. McCoy wasn't great because he was injured but he did not have a poor season. You could argue he was very good when he played.

And he got fired because of those moves.

Edited by nucci

I beg to differ- both their running backs are pretty good

That certainly aren't bad, but they are also a team that has Tom Brady passing to set up the run. The Bills run an offense that demands teams to key in on the run game to set up TT's passes, and they still did very well on the ground.

McCoy wasn't great because he was injured

That is the apologist spin.

But, McCoy wasn't great when he was healthy.

He wasn't bad.....but by the standards of a supposed "elite" RB who just got a fat new contract.......895 yards, 4.4 ypc and a measly 3 rushing TD's is a poor, disappointing season..............and he was the least effective back of he and two 5th rounders.....one who has been released by two other teams.

In truth, this is his third season in the past four that he's averaged between 4.2-4.4 ypc........not great for finesse game back.