If I'm Terry Pegula

I'm sure Rex was drooling at the thought of taking these great players and exposing them to his brilliant defense, they'd become the greats D-line in the history of football and likely he told Terry that too.

One thing is wouldn't when you are investing a 5 year guaranteed contract on a sub .500 coach that with the football guys and maybe even the Pegulas you would discuss the current roster players vs. your scheme.

If I'm Terry Pegula, I'm lighting a giant Cuban with a rolled up C-note in the owner's box while I consume colossal chilled shrimp and king crab legs, washing it all down with some Cristal from one of Kim's sweaty Jimmy Choos....

Rex is that you?

If I'm the Pegulas I would want an explanation on the defense. The scheme change obviously didn't work. The Bills are averaging almost 24 points per game. If the defense had performed at last years level, this team should have won 11 or 12 games. I'd also ask Rex if he is willing to adjust the scheme to play to the players strengths. In other words would he go back to last years scheme. If he says no, then you know it is about his ego.

Pegula is certainly owed an explanation by Rex.

To "ice" the debacle, we have Rex's former team, the Jets. Now I grant they did get help in the secondary, but the DL and LB corp are, if I don't mistake, unchanged. They went from 24th to 7th in the league on points given up, with much of the improvement on rushing D (5th to 1st in the league) and penalties (7th to 4th). Meanwhile I can't think of a category on D where the Bills didn't get worse, significantly worse.

So we have a coach whose former team, with no changes to DL or LB, got significantly better. And we have a current team with 1 change to LB, 1 loss and 1 addition to the DB, that was playing poorly before major injuries struck.

Yeah, if I were Pegula, I'd like to know what's up with that.

comparing rex's jets team to the current one is not fair. they went and got regis/cromartie back. and on offense they added chan(one of the really good OCs out there) and gave him weapons. marsh and decker already in place. I'm not that shocked they are that good. let alone they added leonard williams to that DL!.

people wanting rex out for the d playing poorly is understandable but the bills took a inures all over that front 7 that they didn't have last year and mario pretty much dogged it this year. kyle and mark also are both on the wrong side of 30.

people spazzed when they let fred jackson go even tho it was the right move. i can't wait for the storm when kyle is released

a little off topic but that story regarding cow contamination etc. is basically BS..my field is in the nuclear arena but I sometimes get involved in the hydro-fracturing area because of the radiological contaminants so I end up looking at a few contamination and risk assessment problems/scenarios. Having said that there are legitimate reasons to oppose hydro-fracturing (its pretty dangerous work for the field guys, there is a potential to contaminate the Ground Water (although very low), it disrupts the community due to truck traffic and land use problems, etc.). My caution is when you read some of these news blurbs try not to take them as total gospel as there is a slant/agenda in mind and the info is typically out of context to the real situation.

as a side note WNY is always interesting radiologically due to the shale deposits and the level of radon generated - so if you are scared of all things radiation and radioactivity that should take your mind off how disappointing the Bills have been this year

a little off topic but that story regarding cow contamination etc. is basically BS..my field is in the nuclear arena but I sometimes get involved in the hydro-fracturing area because of the radiological contaminants so I end up looking at a few contamination and risk assessment problems/scenarios. Having said that there are legitimate reasons to oppose hydro-fracturing (its pretty dangerous work for the field guys, there is a potential to contaminate the Ground Water (although very low), it disrupts the community due to truck traffic and land use problems, etc.). My caution is when you read some of these news blurbs try not to take them as total gospel as there is a slant/agenda in mind and the info is typically out of context to the real situation.

as a side note WNY is always interesting radiologically due to the shale deposits and the level of radon generated - so if you are scared of all things radiation and radioactivity that should take your mind off how disappointing the Bills have been this year

thanks for that, but I haven't seen complaints about radiation to the DEP, just folks concerned with signs of polluted springs and ponds, in areas where JKLM was drilling.

Were there really many injuries to the D in the first 5 or 6 weeks? All I recall was Aaron Williams being injured early in the season, but the defense was bad from the first game on. (at least they were consistent) So really can't completely buy the injury argument.

To me the funny part about the Fred Jackson thing was everyone went nuts over; Fred was such an inspiration, belongs on the wall of fame, etc. In reality the only reason Fred was here so long and was the star was that the rest of the team was terrible for so long, so made him look real good.

people wanting rex out for the d playing poorly is understandable but the bills took a inures all over that front 7 that they didn't have last year and mario pretty much dogged it this year. kyle and mark also are both on the wrong side of 30.

people spazzed when they let fred jackson go even tho it was the right move. i can't wait for the storm when kyle is released

Were there really many injuries to the D in the first 5 or 6 weeks? All I recall was Aaron Williams being injured early in the season, but the defense was bad from the first game on. (at least they were consistent) So really can't completely buy the injury argument.

To me the funny part about the Fred Jackson thing was everyone went nuts over; Fred was such an inspiration, belongs on the wall of fame, etc. In reality the only reason Fred was here so long and was the star was that the rest of the team was terrible for so long, so made him look real good.

While his playing ability had certainly declined, the best reason to keep Fred was for leadership, a sense of continuity, and the "chill out" effect. I really do not think the locker room would have degenerated the way it has if he was there.

and there is no agenda on the part of these giant energy companies? is there?

If I'm Terry Pegula, I'm lighting a giant Cuban with a rolled up C-note in the owner's box while I consume colossal chilled shrimp and king crab legs, washing it all down with some Cristal from one of Kim's sweaty Jimmy Choos....

That was... vivid.

If Ed_Formerly_Of_Roch is Terry Pegula, then I'm the Easter Bunny. :ph34r:

This is what I think should happen as well! Who could be the guy? Schwartz is an obvious choice on this board.

Which is a non-starter, because Schwartz could have stayed this year, but took the money and ran. He doesn't want to be here as the DC. Get it?

You can fantasize all you want, but it might be more productive if the people who pine for the Schwartz to be with us bought into Mr. WEO's elegant fantasy posted upstream in this thread.

If I'm Terry Pegula, i'm not !@#$ing scared about the cost of natural gas, because I sold my company.

If I'm Terry Pegula, I'm scared of owning a franchise that hasn't done bupkis in nearly two decades.

Yeah, but as a speculator that bought for pennies and sold for billions I think of Ralph buying a team for thousands that sold for Billions. Winning might be nice for the ego and fan adulation, but as long as the NFL franchises increase in value I'm golden. And I own one of the rarest of assets, one of less than 3 dozen NFL franchises. As long as the resale value of that asset continues to surge upward, as a man who made his fortune speculating, I'm good!