Would you re-sign Harvin to $3m incentive laden contract?

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant to say that can't make decisions using foresight. Hindsight sure, and as you said, he's averaged just 7 games a year the past 4 years. Not worth it.

No, I meant hindsight. You can't see the way the whole thing plays out and then make your decision based on that. You have to use foresight to anticipate what will be best.

How about a fluke for a change: Harvin comes back, stays healthy, and everyone finally sees how really good and effective he can be over the course of a full season. One can only hope. Bring him back with a heavily incentived contract and pray. Sammy and Percy for an entire season would be GOLD. Perhaps I"m delusional, but what the hell.

How about a fluke for a change: Harvin comes back, stays healthy, and everyone finally sees how really good and effective he can be over the course of a full season. One can only hope. Bring him back with a heavily incentived contract and pray. Sammy and Percy for an entire season would be GOLD. Perhaps I"m delusional, but what the hell.

I think you might be. He was gold for one year w farve and the Vikings. The numbers on gold status don't look too promising.

Give him 350K per game where he takes at least 20 snaps. Give him 150K per game where he doesn't.

i am pretty sure Miami gave Jordan Cameron a contract like that - he gets paid only for any game he played and not for those he didn't play or something - because of his injury history Edited by YoloinOhio

i am pretty sure Miami gave Jordan Cameron a contract like that - he gets paid only for any game he played and not for those he didn't play or something - because of his injury history

Or Greg hardy for his own reasons-Getting it down to a week to week bonus replacing salary takes a guy falling FAR, but Percy might be there. $1m base/signing with 250k per game active would be 5m for fully active, but only $3m for a half season. Wouldn't be shocked to see something like that, here or elsewhere.

Ted Ginn is a good comparison. Guy with a lot of speed but essentially a gadget guy and go route runner with the added bonus of being a great returner.

His contract is one Id be comfortable with for Harvin. 2 yrs $4.2m total.

Agree, that play where he changed fields twice is exactly what I am advocating for. There are only a handful of guys that can make that play and Percy is one.

Ted Ginn is a good comparison. Guy with a lot of speed but essentially a gadget guy and go route runner with the added bonus of being a great returner.

Difference is its more than 5 games in and Ginn is still playing. If Harvin could do that then I'd be in favor of keeping him at his current salary. But he can't, so time to move on.