Firing Rex could save Marcel Dareus Career

No matter what Rex needs to simplify his Do and this should be his #1 goal this off season. The fast paced tempo teams are playing against us is creating most or all of this confusion. Teams will continue to come up with these strategies against us moving forward. With that being said Here's some additions we need to make this off season.

#1- Sign Pot Roast NT Terrance Knighton

#2- Eric Weddle excellent counterpart to A Will a true safety with great leadership. Would be a great fit in Rex scheme.

#3- Sign a couple of Broncos Derek Wolfe and Danny Trevathan.

Offense

#1-Resign Incognito and Cordy add 2 more beasts to this line Keleci Osesmeli and Kelvin Beachum. These 2 additions would make our line the best in the NFL.

#2- We need to add a good 2nd Te on this team Here's some good options Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen or Zach Miller. Anyone of these guys should be cheap.

#3- Marvin Jones another good player we can get for a nice price.

Cuts

Mario

Kyle

McKelvin

Percy

Felton

Carpenter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago I came across an article bout Albert Haynesworth and how he wished he never left Tennessee to go Washington. He stated it was the scheme change that ruined his career. Albert went from Jim Schwartz 4-3 to a 2 gap 3-4 scheme sound familiar? Schwartz scheme is tailored specifically for DTs. He helped get career yrs out of very talented players like Albert ,Suh & Marcel.

The Bills front office got to start thinking about that 100 million deal they gave Marcel instead of the 20 that's left on Rex deal. It's time to admit we made a mistake and make the logical move by bringing back Schwartz. I think they can get him for modest price bout 3 mil per yr so it can soften the blow of Rex big deal.

Schwartz is looking to get back to head coaching and I really don't think he's gonna get any offers other then Buffalo. He'll come cheap and with certain restrictions like not being able to pick his offensive coaches. We should keep the whole offensive staff in place to keep continuity on that side of the ball. This is perfect timing because Detroit is about to can there Coaches and that will allow Teryll Austin to jump ship with his mentor Jim Schwartz. Wide9 reunited... This move is imperative to us getting back on track. I believe Schwartz learned from his past mistakes in Detroit and will run a tight ship this time especially since he sees what just happened here with Rex lack of professionalism and focus.

Bringing back Schwartz allows us to

#1-Stop the bickering and confusion on and off the field.

#2- Bring back the Cold Front DLine. Which will be centered on Marcel & Company going back to there natural positions and protecting our investments.

#3- Move Preston Brown back to where he flourished as a will Lber.

#4- Move Corey Graham back to Corner given us an elite set of cb's in the NFL Gilmore, Darby,Graham & Robey.

#5- Last but not least the Fans will be back in full force. Fans will renew there season tixs just so they can see this Defense get back to where it belongs as a dominating force in the NFL.rs,

Bow happy holidays fellas

What ruined fat Albert's career was his arrogance and laziness. The same thing for the same reasons may also happen to Dareus. Am I the only one that thought, given his history of spotty motivation, that a big contract could result in Dareus returning to his old days? Dareus played like someone awash in his own press clippings and unmotivated. He, like others, needs to stop bitching and play like the star he clearly thinks he is.

This is how this should play out.

Approach Rex and tell him to hire a DC who will maximize the Ds potential.

If he has a problem or refuses. Give him a choice

Quit or become THE Football Czar.

Pay him his salary for another position. Pegs won't eat the 18 mil. And we can have our cake and eat it to.

If he quits we are off the hook for his salary.

Imo

No thank you! No thank you at all!! Silliness.

Rather than Football Czar, I'd put him on toilet cleaning duty. We'd want them extra clean for $5 million per year. Damn those silly contracts provisions preventing such fairness!

Much better idea

Rex signed a 5 year, $27.5 million contract. Pegula is rich, but he can't eat that.

He's not getting fired. Bring back Schwartz tho..?

Unless the Pegulas turn out to be dumber than we all think there is certainly a buyout clause in the contract. They can, and should, readily fire him...right after the last game of the season!

i agree that he could, money wise. I just think they will give Rex/Whaley another year to tune up the roster to fit the schemes and upgrade in some areas. Whaley has one more year on his deal. Next year would be a good time to wipe the slate clean of both if no playoffs, and hire a GM who would then hire a coach, which is typically the way to go. So they both come in at the same time. He would still be eating 3 years of the Rex contract if that happened. I do think they will bring in a czar/consultant to evaluate the organization this offseason and will be ready to go if they do need to make a change next year.

Its 16 years for us, but it is only one year for them, and for Rex. I think they will be more patient than giving him the ax after 1 season, but not "too" patient if they don't get results after 2. Jmo.

I think this is likely the way it plays out. I think that record wise the Bills could very well show marginal improvement in 2016 but one year will not be enuf time to completely retool the D to Rex's specifications. The risk may be in the owner misinterpreting marginal improvement as something different from continuing mediocrity and giving Rex even more time (sorta like giving EJ more time). The threshold he should have to meet to keep his job is the playoffs, and frankly I see that as unlikely.

Cutting loose from Rex after only one year carries with it reputational risk to the organization as a whole. Rex is probably not the answer but he's not just some newly promoted coordinator about whom the team can say that the job just turned out to be too big for him. Accountability starts at the top, and Pegs being accountable for Rex (ultimately his mistake) probably means giving Rex another year (regardless whether Pegs was poorly advised by people who should have known better).

Waiting another year before wiping the slate clean also gives Pegs more time to properly consider the direction he should be going in. As a rookie owner and novice, he's the guy that actually needs time IMO (more so than Rex and Whaley, who have been in their roles as football professionals for a long time).

Of course if true it means that next year is also probably a "wasted" year ie no playoffs and a roster still needing some major retooling at the end of it. Sucks but I just think of it for now as phase 1 of the rebuild.

Schwartz's D manhandled Manning and Rodgers in back-to-back weeks, and I recall it being one of the most incredible defenses I had ever seen. When we got to third down I had no doubt we would pressure the QB and force a turnover on downs. I would have done everything in my power to keep that scheme in tact. I believe the mistake has already been made, and all this wishful thinking will only bring about more depression to the fan base. We are going into full Rex mode. These players will slowly be removed from the team. We're headed for 20+ years, folks.

it was one of the most incredible defenses you've ever seen in Denver last year? Yikes. They gave up 300+ yards of offense, 3 rushing TDs, had zero sacks, and lost. Manning was injured and playing poorly all of last December - not like they slayed him in his prime.

The performance against Rodgers at home was really good ... and seemed to write the narrative for the whole season. There isn't an offense that Rex lost to this year that Schwartz showed he could beat. Schwartz even lost to Milqetoast Philbin and Tannehill. 3rd and forever on TNF and !@#$ing rushing 1st down! And he lost to !@#$ing Fitz! His defense was simple and they got a lot of sacks. Hooray. No playoffs. I don't hate the Schwartz but I don't want him back unless we are being realigned to the NFC north! Do better, if you aren't keeping Rex.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to sign or draft a NT, move Dareus to DE, make Kyle a pass rushing DE (he can't play the run worth a dam anyways), and upgrade the LB's. The LB's are awful regardless of the scheme. A true NT fixes a lot. Go after Knighton hard in FA. Maybe the Texans let Wilfork go. There are options much better than changing the entire staff again. Schwartz is not coming back.

one of your best posts btw

No, it wouldn't be easier than neutering, or firing Wrex.

yes it would

No matter what Rex needs to simplify his Do and this should be his #1 goal this off season. The fast paced tempo teams are playing against us is creating most or all of this confusion. Teams will continue to come up with these strategies against us moving forward. With that being said Here's some additions we need to make this off season.

#1- Sign Pot Roast NT Terrance Knighton

#2- Eric Weddle excellent counterpart to A Will a true safety with great leadership. Would be a great fit in Rex scheme.

#3- Sign a couple of Broncos Derek Wolfe and Danny Trevathan.

Offense

#1-Resign Incognito and Cordy add 2 more beasts to this line Keleci Osesmeli and Kelvin Beachum. These 2 additions would make our line the best in the NFL.

#2- We need to add a good 2nd Te on this team Here's some good options Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen or Zach Miller. Anyone of these guys should be cheap.

#3- Marvin Jones another good player we can get for a nice price.

Cuts

Mario

Kyle

McKelvin

Percy

Felton

Carpenter

you're hired. bye bye Doug

: )

it was one of the most incredible defenses you've ever seen in Denver last year? Yikes. They gave up 300+ yards of offense, 3 rushing TDs, had zero sacks, and lost. Manning was injured and playing poorly all of last December - not like they slayed him in his prime.

The performance against Rodgers at home was really good ... and seemed to write the narrative for the whole season. There isn't an offense that Rex lost to this year that Schwartz showed he could beat. Schwartz even lost to Milqetoast Philbin and Tannehill. 3rd and forever on TNF and !@#$ing rushing 1st down! And he lost to !@#$ing Fitz! His defense was simple and they got a lot of sacks. Hooray. No playoffs. I don't hate the Schwartz but I don't want him back unless we are being realigned to the NFC north! Do better, if you aren't keeping Rex.

Schwartz is overrated but I think you are a little too close to the flames of this season to see how bad the fire is this year.

It's easy to say "see, no playoff!" but this year the team is WORSE with a completely improved running game and much improved QB/offensive play in general.

Rex didn't have to set the world ablaze with this D.......it needed to be top 1/3 of the NFL and there is no excuse for it not being so.

The NFL is about quarterbacking on offense and the distant but clear #2 priority is hitting the opposing quarterback on defense.

Rex has forgotten that over the years and his D's have been gradually less successful each season over the past 4.

Edited by #BADOL

And it not just the defense. I'm probably more concerned with the penalties, poor game management, and the emotional roller coaster that Wrex creates.

The defense MIGHT get better, but I doubt the things I mentioned will change.

Rex's jets teams were never high in penalties, but the Bils were before he arrived. So it might not change unless they change players. They had the 2nd highest penalty total in the league under Schwartz and Maroon.

Lots of coaches have poor game management so assuming a coordinator new to the role will excel at that is no given. Bring in a retread and they are available for a reason. Usually poor game management is part of it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

rex has coached on the defensive side with a good deal of success for 15 years in the NFL. Hes not about putting guys in bad spots , his track record is longer than 14 games he's knows what he's doing. Let him do what he needs to do and trust his track record on the defensive side

Take a look at his defensive rankings and you won't feel the same way.

Much of the hype on defenses is in yardage allowed...........but yardage allowed is hollow if you are allowing a lot of points, not turning the ball over or stopping teams on third downs.

He hasn't had a really good, consistent D in many years.

rex has coached on the defensive side with a good deal of success for 15 years in the NFL. Hes not about putting guys in bad spots , his track record is longer than 14 games he's knows what he's doing. Let him do what he needs to do and trust his track record on the defensive side

Could the gm have passed him by? Rex needs to adapt to the fast paced offense of today's NFL. SIMPLICITY should be his motto moving forward but with an ego like his and the fact that he always wants it to be his schemes that defeat teams instead of his players. Put your ego aside Rex. Bills front office need to put a muzzle on his ego a la the Jets putting the muzzle on his mouth