Tyrod is the #1 FA pickup of 2015 per ESPN

I can see those other 3 above Murray. Bowe is literally stealing money, Browner has turned in one of the worst defensive seasons in recent history and Maxwell was signed as a #1 corner and has been beaten like a drum. Murray was just a panic signing into a system he didn't fit.

Browner is an illegal hit machine- he makes Hughes look like a saint!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this can't be true, I heard on this very board by some people who are very much smarter than all of us that Tyrod is a tire fire and should be shown the door yesterday!

On another note, how can Murray be #4? He's got to be the worst.

Turns out they were just "casuals"!

Awesome....Ive defended TT on BR and TBD all season....yes he has flaws but so does every player....practice time and game time are 2 entirely different things example: EJ MANUEL PRE-SEASON vs 2 GAMES vs Bengs and Jags. So the "he had 4 years behind Flacco" argument is kinda mute, also because I dont think Flacco is elite, hes the BEST game managing QB in the league hands down but it be hard to say he single-handedly wins games for the Ravens strictly on his arm. His upside is good and I see him becoming better next year. I know everyone is hesitant to crown him our franchise QB (with good reason) but, at this point hes the closest thing we have to one and playin better then any QB since Bledsoe. Until we develop another Jim Kelly im satisfied with TT as our starter, our draft needs for the 1st time in 15 years arent fixing a starting QB disaster. Congrats to Taylor for making alternate Pro-Bowl QB too.

ESPN doing their research? Are you mad?!!!!

I'm really happy for Tyrod, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Here's hoping that next year sees him vault himself into that upper echelon.

Agree....gave his O Line TV's for Christmas....maybe theyll block a little better for him while he continues to develop into a solid starter.

So Whaley drafted a DROY candidate in the 2nd rd and had the best FA signing of the year.

I swear he better not be a casualty of the way the season turned out. He got us some really good players with his only mis-fires being EJ and the Sammy deal.

Does this mean that the Bills will finally give up on EJ?

I hope they do. EJ is a good kid, he needs to go to another team and get a 2nd chance in a different system and fanbase. Im pulling for him, just dont want him on our team.

Nothing's enough for some individuals.

True, which is why all the TT hate is misguided. Gotta give him a longer leash then we gave EJ since he's played better. I understand we're frustrated at the QB position but with Taylor on our team its no longer our #1 problem.

Hughes is 2nd in the NFL with most penalties at 13. Browner is 1st at 21.

Marcus Peters is 2nd in most yardage accrued from penalties at 119 yards, Browner is 1st at 207.

Yet Peters still makes the pro bowl over Darby...smh....Darby's gonna be my next Bills Jersey. So far I got my throwback Home Andre Reed, Away Tyrod Taylor, and soon to be Home Ron Darby.

Whaley has made some great moves. And he countered himself with some bad ones. I guess it goes with the territory.

Besides EJ , releaing team leader FJax and the Watkins moves, what bad moves did he make? Assuming hiring Rex was not all his decision.

Edited by Marty McFly

The reasons to never pay attention to ESPN keep mounting.

You go girl!

Agree....gave his O Line TV's for Christmas....maybe theyll block a little better for him while he continues to develop into a solid starter.

I swear he better not be a casualty of the way the season turned out. He got us some really good players with his only mis-fires being EJ and the Sammy deal.

I hope they do. EJ is a good kid, he needs to go to another team and get a 2nd chance in a different system and fanbase. Im pulling for him, just dont want him on our team.

True, which is why all the TT hate is misguided. Gotta give him a longer leash then we gave EJ since he's played better. I understand we're frustrated at the QB position but with Taylor on our team its no longer our #1 problem.

Yet Peters still makes the pro bowl over Darby...smh....Darby's gonna be my next Bills Jersey. So far I got my throwback Home Andre Reed, Away Tyrod Taylor, and soon to be Home Ron Darby.

Besides EJ , releaing team leader FJax and the Watkins moves, what bad moves did he make? Assuming hiring Rex was not all his decision.

I am actually cool with all three of these moves. I liked the Manuel pick at the time, Jackson was/is toast and what in the world could anyone's issue with the Watkins pick be at this point? Watkins is a complete beast and if they just force feed him, he'll put up the numbers you are looking for. Yes beckham might be better but I don't blame Whaley for not being a psychic. Watkins was as sure of a thing as there was coming out and it was/is the right move.

It's not per ESPN, unless the whole network voted on the top five or something. It's per Mike Sando.

Pet peeve, but a legit one.

It is posted on ESPNs web page without a declaration that it 'is the opinion of Sando and does not reflect ESPN's beliefs'

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Including the Pro Bowl selection committee.

I personally think Tyrod's got a chance to be good, though he has a long way to go to get there.

But outsmarting the Pro Bowl selection committee (if their mandate is selecting franchise QBs to be Pro Bowl QBs) isn't real difficult.

QBs who've made the Pro Bowl since 2000: Mark Brunell, Steve Beuerlein, Elvis Grbac, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper as the starter, Kordell Stewart, Trent Green, Mark Bulger, Jake Delhomme, Vince Young, Derek Anderson as an alternate, Matt Schaub and David Garrard as alternates, Matt Cassel as an alternate, Robert Griffin III, and Nick Foles.

It is posted on ESPNs web page without a declaration that it 'is the opinion of Sando and does not reflect ESPN's beliefs'

Yup, it's on ESPN's web page. Along with probably five million other articles, a great many of which contradict each other. It is not possible for all of those articles to reflect ESPN's beliefs, because, again, many of them disagree.

Being on their page certainly does not indicate it's ESPN's belief. It indicates that ESPN is willing to publish that person's belief.

I personally think Tyrod's got a chance to be good, though he has a long way to go to get there.

But outsmarting the Pro Bowl selection committee (if their mandate is selecting franchise QBs to be Pro Bowl QBs) isn't real difficult.

QBs who've made the Pro Bowl since 2000: Mark Brunell, Steve Beuerlein, Elvis Grbac, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper as the starter, Kordell Stewart, Trent Green, Mark Bulger, Jake Delhomme, Vince Young, Derek Anderson as an alternate, Matt Schaub and David Garrard as alternates, Matt Cassel as an alternate, Robert Griffin III, and Nick Foles.

Yup, it's on ESPN's web page. Along with probably five million other articles, a great many of which contradict each other. It is not possible for all of those articles to reflect ESPN's beliefs, because, again, many of them disagree.

Being on their page certainly does not indicate it's ESPN's belief. It indicates that ESPN is willing to publish that person's belief.

lol.....how long did it take before it somebody starting discrediting it......less then 24 hours

This year? I'd argue that he was ripped off by McCoy when he renegotiated his contract and that while I'm happy that McCoy and Clay are on the team, that he paid too much for Clay as well. It's hard to argue that Clay was worth $7.6 mill per year this year, the 4th highest TE contract. Bringing in Harvin was a mistake and a very expensive one. We have yet to see how the McCoy trade looks down the road, but our linebackers are being criticized for not being athletic and fast enough, and that's exactly Alonso's strength, so that might (or might not, we'll see) turn out to be a bad move down the road.

Whaley has made some great moves. And he countered himself with some bad ones. I guess it goes with the territory.

This.

I like what he's done with the roster overall. He clearly deserves another year. But he also has a lot to prove. And should stop overspending, in picks and in money, for guys he falls in love with.

Edited by Thurman#1

last Sunday, Daryl Johnston made several comments regarding Taylor's ability to make plays, even when the Redskins had the plays properly defended.

that's what game-changers do.

he's got room to improve in his decision making.. but he's shown that he can play from the pocket - or as Johnston pointed out - break a D down in other ways.

you can't coach instincts, and he's got that going for him.

he also throws an accurate pass, and with more experience he should trust himself to hit guys quicker out of their breaks - but he's mature enough not to force too many throws into dangerous spots

our only concern should be that he avoids injuries that would compromise the mobility that makes him such a threat.

note to Roman.. chill out on the wildcat where Tyrod feels obliged to throw downfield blocks :rolleyes:

lol.....how long did it take before it somebody starting discrediting it......less then 24 hours

Are you talking to me? Or at me? Or what?

Why did you reply to me? Are you saying I'm discrediting the Pro Bowl selection? If so, you're quite wrong.

What I'm doing is pointing out the very obvious fact that a first-time Pro Bowl selection isn't a real good indicator that a guy is definitely going to be a franchise QB. Which is simply true. and I'll again give the evidence of that.