"What's Up With Kiko Alonso?"

buffalonian

Not tonight.

I didn't watch the game but think part of it is that he has lingering issues and he won't recover or hasn't fully recovered.

maybe the schemes blow?

But we are supposed to ignore that and just love Kiko because he played well for about 6 games a couple years ago.

no, we're not supposed to ignore that. a good coach, not chip or rex, would see what he was effective doing and have him do that.

I didn't watch the game but think part of it is that he has lingering issues and he won't recover or hasn't fully recovered.

maybe the schemes blow?

no, we're not supposed to ignore that. a good coach, not chip or rex, would see what he was effective doing and have him do that.

He was lined up against a RB wide, and was burned easily for a TD, wasn't even close to him. Make all the excuses you want. He's no good, hasn't been very effective since about week 6 with us 2 years ago.

One would think that his college coach who "made it possible" for him to be drafted into the NFL would know how to use him, wouldn't one?

One would think, wouldn't one, that his college coach who "made it possible" for him to be drafted into the NFL would know how to use him, wouldn't one?

The patience some have with players/coaches they like compared to ones they don't is amusing.

maybe the schemes blow?

Now you're just making excuses. Scheme, coaching, injuries....Maybe he does need time to recover but right now he is playing poorly and had a terrible game last night.

Boyst will be back, just give him some time. This thread and #thelegend shall not die such an undignified death.

i was up late roasting marshmellows and making smores. That was fun. Even got my truck "stuck"

One would think that his college coach who "made it possible" for him to be drafted into the NFL would know how to use him, wouldn't one?

I don't think Chip knows how to coach at anNFL level and his defenses are just not designed well. The NFL game is too fast for him and his fast college play. I see him back in the NCAA next year.

That being said, in theory, he should be able to help Alonso.

He was lined up against a RB wide, and was burned easily for a TD, wasn't even close to him. Make all the excuses you want. He's no good, hasn't been very effective since about week 6 with us 2 years ago.

That is just awful.

I am not at all making excuses just not ready to completely call it quits on the dude.

Now you're just making excuses. Scheme, coaching, injuries....Maybe he does need time to recover but right now he is playing poorly and had a terrible game last night.

I'm not making excuses but want to give a little benefit of the doubt to a guy who was potentially DROY and recovering from a second knee injury. It's unfortunate.

I never thought he was the player many believed him to be, please don't mistake that.

Kiko and Bryd had the best starts to a NFL career of any Bills' defensive player I have ever seen. However past those 5 games, he has been a poor man's Poz, at best.

It's hilarious people still complain about the McCoy trade. McCoy is a much, much, much better football player than Kiko.

The question was posed today in a column in the Philadelphia Inquirer. http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=363323361

He has had a rough season playing inside and has not lived up to Philly's expectations. I find the column interesting when juxtaposed with McCoy's selection to the pro bowl yesterday.

Well if he would have stayed in B/Lo they would have said the same thing ! He did so well in the other scheme when Pettine was here which is suppose to mirror Rex scheme but if it in fact does why has this year been such a stinker on the defensive side pf the ball ?

I think Petting may have dumbed down the D that Rex taught him enough for it to be easier for the players to understand which made it easier to implement .

As a one time musician we use to have a phrase that was used when referring to the rhythm section and that was

K.I.S.S. it which stood for Keep It Simple Stupid ! I think that might benefit Rex to do the same ...

Well if he would have stayed in B/Lo they would have said the same thing ! He did so well in the other scheme when Pettine was here which is suppose to mirror Rex scheme but if it in fact does why has this year been such a stinker on the defensive side pf the ball ?

I think Petting may have dumbed down the D that Rex taught him enough for it to be easier for the players to understand which made it easier to implement .

As a one time musician we use to have a phrase that was used when referring to the rhythm section and that was

K.I.S.S. it which stood for Keep It Simple Stupid ! I think that might benefit Rex to do the same ...

we are forgetting in all of this our run defense was never that great and it beat the crap out of kiko who was not able to stand up to being a true mlb.

Kiko and Bryd had the best starts to a NFL career of any Bills' defensive player I have ever seen. However past those 5 games, he has been a poor man's Poz, at best.

It's hilarious people still complain about the McCoy trade. McCoy is a much, much, much better football player than Kiko.

Are you forgetting C Biscuit #97?

Haha. His rookie year was a little before my time watching football. He had a great rookie year?

It really looked like he was going to be one of the top 5 linebackers of all time..........The first game, just days after he signed, IIRC, he didn't start, came in, caused all kinds of havoc...........And, Elway had to call timeout to try to slow him down. It was insane.

He only played half of the year, and I don't remember them all - but then the last game vs. Philly was probably the best game a defensive player has ever played for the Bills.

It really looked like he was going to be one of the top 5 linebackers of all time..........The first game, just days after he signed, IIRC, he didn't start, came in, caused all kinds of havoc...........And, Elway had to call timeout to try to slow him down. It was insane.

He only played half of the year, and I don't remember them all - but then the last game vs. Philly was probably the best game a defensive player has ever played for the Bills.

Thanks for the history lesson. I really appreciate. I was fairly young during the SB years but I remember thinking with the talent we had, our defense should have been much better.

I could be wrong but I think there were questions about Biscuit's motor. Any truth to this?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

He not only doesn't look great, or good, he doesn't look like he belongs on an NFL field. He seems to have trouble even making a tackle, lacks the physical strength to do that like any linebacker should.

If he doesn't get better quickly he won't be an Eagle next season and will be out of football soon.

To say the Bills got the better end of the McCoy trade is a significant understatement.

I hope Alonzo gets better quickly, but doesn't look good for him at this point.

Thanks for the history lesson. I really appreciate. I was fairly young during the SB years but I remember thinking with the talent we had, our defense should have been much better.

I could be wrong but I think there were questions about Biscuit's motor. Any truth to this?

I think it's true. I looked up his stats and he had 8.5 sacks in those 8 games (7 starts) his rookie year. And, then he never got double digit sacks in a season.

Everybody thought he was going to be a total superstar, and he just never was. He was definitely very good, but his talent was HOF level.

Chuck Dickerson used to say on his show that Biscuit was great, not that he could be great "if" - but that he IS great..............He obviously knew more about football than me and knew Biscuit firsthand, but that was not the prevailing thought. We were expecting much more than we got.