TIME FOR THE FANS TO TAKE CONTROL

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. He's been here for 14 games. Fans can afford to have knee-jerk reactions, owners can't.

Before the season, EJ had only started 14 games, but it was OK to write him off. Rex has been here for 14 games, but we have to keep him. Rex has looked worse as a head coach than EJ did as a starting QB, so what's the difference? Why do we have to keep Rex, but EJ gets thrown on the scrap heap?

Marrone left on his own. Rex was the best coach available. Rex isn't getting it done.

Give Wade one more shot as head coach and bring Schwartz back as DC. Mario likes both of them and that might be enough to sway him to stay.

Not really sure Mario should stay!

Fans need to separate their emotions from it a little bit. No team is going to be successful changing coaches every few years. Like it or not, the best option is to stay the course with Rex.

I disagree completely. I see no reason to throw away the next 3-4 years with Rex. This team is built to win NOW. He has studs all over the D and O. By keeping Rex we need to re-tool the entire front 7 which will take 3-4 years in itself at which point we would fire Rex anyways.

Hire D. Bevell from Seattle. His offense is proven to work with the same type of players we have on O. Bring back Schwarts and our D will be top 5 next year guaranteed. We would be looking at what, 11-5 or 12-4 if we made those exact moves last off season???

WE ARE SO LUCKY TO GET A MULLIGAN we can make those same moves right now and become an instant playoff team.

Edited by peterpan

I disagree completely. I see no reason to throw away the next 3-4 years with Rex. This team is built to win NOW. He has studs all over the D and O. By keeping Rex we need to re-tool the entire front 7 which will take 3-4 years in itself at which point we would fire Rex anyways.

Hire Dan Quinn from Seattle. His offense is proven to work with the same type of players we have on O. Bring back Schwarts and our D will be top 5 next year guaranteed. We would be looking at what, 11-5 or 12-4 if we made those exact moves last off season???

WE ARE SO LUCKY TO GET A MULLIGAN we can make those same moves right now and become an instant playoff team.

Huh? Dan Quinn is the Falcons' Head Coach and he was the Former Defensive Coordinator for Seattle.

Pegula is worth 4 billion dollars and it would cost him about 22 million to eat rex's contract. That is half a percent of his total net worth.

1/2%!!!

if the average Americans net worth is 300k, which is what google just told me it was, thats 1500 bucks to the average american, which is like 2 season tickets.

Pegs can afford to can Rex's sorry ass

Huh? Dan Quinn is the Falcons' Head Coach and he was the Former Defensive Coordinator for Seattle.

You are right I meant the Seattle OC. I will fix it

Edited by peterpan

So in this magical world where the fans get to TAKE CONTROL AND FIRE REX, what happens next year under another brand new coach and system and we finish around 7-9 and out of the playoffs again? Will the CAPS LOCK CREW be preaching patience? Or will it be a BRAND NEW COACH EVERY YEAR UNTIL WE WIN THE SUPERBOWL DAGNABBIT?

Yeah, Rex has been awful but the idea of fans hiring a coach every year is scarier than another year of Rex.

Fans need to separate their emotions from it a little bit. No team is going to be successful changing coaches every few years. Like it or not, the best option is to stay the course with Rex.

Completely disagree. Yes stability is something to be desired, but I at least want to see something out of Rex Ryan that indicates that he is capable of preparing a football team to win an NFL game. So far, I have seen absolutely nothing.

Pegula is worth 4 billion dollars and it would cost him about 22 million to eat rex's contract. That is half a percent of his total net worth.

1/2%!!!

if the average Americans net worth is 300k, which is what google just told me it was, thats 1500 bucks to the average american, which is like 2 season tickets.

Pegs can afford to can Rex's sorry ass

You are right I meant the Seattle OC. I will fix it

Darrell Bevell? The guy who didn't have Wilson hand the ball to Beast Mode in the last Super Bowl? Oh no!

Relieve Rex of the Defensive play calling duties and hire a very good D coordinator to do that job.

or rehire one recently released.

Booing won't do much at all. Not showing up to the game will say more.

dude is absolutely useless as a game day coach..his only value was his defensive acumen.

He is the defacto D coordinator. So if you want a new DC, need to fire Rex

How do we get him back?

When we re-enter rebuild mode to match his scheme, you'll wish Pegs was quicker to the axe. It's not a matter of if Rex will be fired, just when.

NO! This is NOT a damn "knee jerk reaction" by fans! This guy, who was supposedly a defensive czar, has turned a team and a city that deserves better into a complete joke with his ways! This goes far deeper than his coaching philosophies. Just the way he carries himself, his narcissism and agenda-driven b.s. is ruining this franchise and if he's retained, this team will progressively get worse..PERIOD!

Here is a clue for you. The fans have NO control or say over anything and won't ever. Fans are bystanders, literally and figuratively. The games will go on because it is a huge industry. But you don't have a vote. The only thing not buying tickets will do is get the team moved, maybe. P.T. Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute. The NFL is a carnival, Rex is a Carny from way back and if you want to shoot at a goal that is the same size as the ball, have fun. Billionaires pay millionaires to take your money, time, energy, and soul. I have reclaimed mine. Thanks for stopping by.

There is no point of keeping Rex if you say "keep your hands off the defense"... that is all he knows.

He doesn't do anything better than other coaches so there really is no point in keeping him. I'd rather bring in a coach who hires a defensive and offensive coordinator to run each side of the ball while my coach just coaches the team and focuses on details and adjustments.

Edited by kobe808lak