We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

I believe I put you up to the task of finding these QBs in their first 12 games and seeing what their numbers were versus Tyrod's. Give me that and I'll bite.

As someone else said TT has had 4 training camps, 4 OTAs, 4 years of practices with the Ravens, 16 preaseason games, before this year he has played in 13 regular seasons games(how many as QB, IDK), he was 19/35 for 200 yards 0 TDs and 2 Ints, and sacked 5 times.

So it really isn't his first 12 games, he has had 4 years worth of NFL experience.

Again tell me who you would NOT take instead of TT?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone else said TT has had 4 training camps, 4 OTAs, 4 years of practices with the Ravens, 16 preaseason games, before this year he has played in 13 regular seasons games(how many as QB, IDK), he was 19/35 for 200 yards 0 TDs and 2 Ints, and sacked 5 times.

So it really isn't his first 12 games, he has had 4 years worth of NFL experience.

I guess the Packers should have dumped Rodgers after his first year as a starter? (No, I'm not saying TT is going to be as good)

As I've said, practice is not real live game action. You hear it said over and over again from the players. If you want to count some garbage time here and there as 13 regular season GAMES then more power to you. It is his 1st 12 games STARTED. Please again, post his first 12 games vs others first 12 games.

Are we going with total stats to compare with a player who missed 2 games? Out of the 25 players who have started 10 or more games this year Tyrod is dead last at 25 in Attempts, 23 in YPG, 16 in CMP%, 16 in TDs, 2 in INT, 4 in INT%, 5 in Rating, 15 in Sacks, and 4 in YPA. Is it top 10 across the board? No, but it's better than most expected in the offseason.

Here's the query if you want a reference: PFR

Oh, so he's not putting up top 10 numbers? I keep reading he is. According to your line he's number 23. I think earlier in the year he was. But now he is no longer. I'm in the minority I guess. I expected him to do well in the off season, and he has.

Now I think you're playing semantics. What he's saying is that it was a high pressure, gotta get it done or you will likely lose type situation. Would you not agree? Didn't he shine in that situation?

But you don't "gotta get it done or you will likely lose" if you're not behind.

Edited by reddogblitz

If the Bills were to put Tyrod Taylor on the trade market (not advocating this) what do you think the return would be? I believe that they would get a 1st for him from Philly or Houston (someone like that). If you were offered pick 20 (for example) for Tyrod what would you do. Personally, I wouldn't take it because I like him more than the guys (i.e. Cook, Wentz) that you may take there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

If the Bills were to put Tyrod Taylor on the trade market (not advocating this) what do you think the return would be? I believe that they would get a 1st for him from Philly or Houston (someone like that). If you were offered pick 20 (for example) for Tyrod what would you do. Personally, I wouldn't take it because I like him more than the guys (i.e. Cook, Wentz) that you may take there.

Amen! Finally, someone tells it like it is. I'm personally not inclined to believe this is an especially strong QB class. Teams will reach just like the EJ draft. I'd take someone like Doughty later in the draft to develop. He's not ready, but has some good things, including a nice arm.

The premise of this whole thread is insane. Tyrod Taylor Is not the problem with this football team and, for the first time in years, I feel the offense is not a major issue. The kid simply does not turn the ball over. For anyone to suggest QB is the issue with this team is ludicrous.

This thread just shows how a growing percentage of Bills fans are becoming crazy because of this horrible playoff drought. It's not really an excuse to spout ridiculous nonsense in my opinion, but here you have it. My thought (and hope) is that this stir crazy attitude is more limited to the fans die hard enough to consistently post on message boards and doesn't represent the fan base as a whole.

Amen! Finally, someone tells it like it is. I'm personally not inclined to believe this is an especially strong QB class. Teams will reach just like the EJ draft. I'd take someone like Doughty later in the draft to develop. He's not ready, but has some good things, including a nice arm.

I mean it's all fine and good to say, "I wish that we had Rodgers." There are so many people complaining on here but not many presenting solutions. Tyrod is the best QB that the Bills have had in 15+ years and has potential to get better. He is a middle of the league guy now and good enough to win with. If someone has a plan to get Rodgers, I'm all for it. If your plan includes drafting a QB that you have seen play less than twice, spare me. I'm just sick of the complaints and no suggestions for solutions. That's why I have stayed off here for the most part for the last month.

Oh, so he's not putting up top 10 numbers? I keep reading he is. According to your line he's number 23. I think earlier in the year he was. But now he is no longer. I'm in the minority I guess. I expected him to do well in the off season, and he has.

But you don't "gotta get it done or you will likely lose" if you're not behind.

Still a lot of pressure and he shone through. You're splitting hairs here.

I mean it's all fine and good to say, "I wish that we had Rodgers." There are so many people complaining on here but not many presenting solutions.

There is a reason for that.

First of all.......criticism of any part of the team for much of the year is met with personal attacks/scorn/shout downs on the board.

If the underlying issues are discussed and understood before they result in loss number 10 of the season then TSW is not a mass dumping ground for cold takes in December/January.

Second......good ideas often generate little discussion.

If the majority of fans wanted to discuss solutions then things like the offseason projections discussion started by Bandit last week would be pinned.

Discussions like that are few and far between.

Still a lot of pressure and he shone through. You're splitting hairs here.

"shone through"? When? We might still be talking playoffs if he would have " shone through" vs Patsies** either time, Giants, Eagles, or Cheaps.

As far as splitting hairs goes you're the one trying to change the definition. Comeback means coming back from behind. We weren't behind. You can call it as "comeback" if you want, but it wasn't

"shone through"? When? We might still be talking playoffs if he would have " shone through" vs Patsies** either time, Giants, Eagles, or Cheaps.

As far as splitting hairs goes you're the one trying to change the definition. Comeback means coming back from behind. We weren't behind. You can call it as "comeback" if you want, but it wasn't

We were talking about the Houston game I'm pretty sure.

I never did call it a comeback, that was someone else that was saying that. I was saying it takes the same kind of mettle to win in a close game. A lot of pressure late in the game to make the game winning play/drive.

Edited by HamSandwhich

We were talking about the Houston game I'm pretty sure.

I never did call it a comeback, that was someone else that was saying that. I was saying it takes the same kind of mettle to win in a close game. A lot of pressure late in the game to make the game winning play/drive.

Yes he did well in the tie game against a bad team. I guess it's a start and we can build on that. The one constant in the drought is losing close games. Until that ends, neither does the drought. A lot of that depends on the QB. That's why I think this is such a big issue. It's HUGE IMHO.

Yes he did well in the tie game against a bad team. I guess it's a start and we can build on that. The one constant in the drought is losing close games. Until that ends, neither does the drought. A lot of that depends on the QB. That's why I think this is such a big issue. It's HUGE IMHO.

We need to see it more consistently, I agree. I feel that Tyrod can grow into that type of player.

T-Mobile ranks seventh in Total QBR (67.4) and fifth in passer rating (101.8). In addition, he can make plays with his legs. The Bills lost many close games this year. I am in favor of fixing up the defense, probably by making a few changes to better fit Rex's scheme. On offense, the O-line could use an upgrade or 2 and a solid #2 receiver. Then maybe we win those close games and are 8 - 5 and in the mix for the playoffs.

T-Mobile ranks seventh in Total QBR (67.4) and fifth in passer rating (101.8). In addition, he can make plays with his legs. The Bills lost many close games this year. I am in favor of fixing up the defense, probably by making a few changes to better fit Rex's scheme. On offense, the O-line could use an upgrade or 2 and a solid #2 receiver. Then maybe we win those close games and are 8 - 5 and in the mix for the playoffs.

Makes sense. That way we don't have to worry about Hotrod throwing picks and fumbling in those situations.

Edited by reddogblitz

Yes...it actually is his first 12 games. Was he playing in NFL regular season games prior to this?

Imagine if our D didnt go from top 5 to 20th

Yes...it actually is his first 12 games. Was he playing in NFL regular season games prior to this?

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/profile

He played in 14 games. Ran for 136 yards including 1 TD. He was 19 for 35 passing and threw 2 Ints. I would also argue that going against Ray Lewis in practice for a couple of years should put him substantially ahead of a rookie such as Connor Cook or Glennon. He's still not a rookie.