Ted Cruz

:lol::lol:

Boehner: Ted Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh'

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a B word in my life.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/john-beohner-ted-cruz-lucifer-222570

giphy.gif

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol:

Boehner: Ted Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh'

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a B word in my life.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/john-beohner-ted-cruz-lucifer-222570

giphy.gif

Cruz was able to successfully build a brand, but that brand comes with a lot of baggage.

You can not understate how detrimental it is to him not having hardly any support of the "establishment".

I think it says a lot that just about everyone who has worked with him, can't stand him.

Cruz was able to successfully build a brand, but that brand comes with a lot of baggage.

You can not understate how detrimental it is to him not having hardly any support of the "establishment".

I think it says a lot that just about everyone who has worked with him, can't stand him.

Agreed. Especially the bolded.

Neither Cruz nor Trump have the support of "the establishment", yet both lead the polls among rank & file Republicans. "Establishment" Republicans have only themselves to blame for the rise of these "outsiders", and they'll only have themselves to blame if and when the party fractures.

Neither Cruz nor Trump have the support of "the establishment", yet both lead the polls among rank & file Republicans. "Establishment" Republicans have only themselves to blame for the rise of these "outsiders", and they'll only have themselves to blame if and when the party fractures.

If Trump gets the nomination, the GOP will burn from the inside out, and you'll sooner see conservatives abandoning the party in droves.

Says the guy who retired early because of people like Cruz. I liked Boehner, but he was part of the problem, not the solution. The minute he saw Cantor get killed, he began his exit strategy because conservatives were no longer interested in playing the same role the gatormans play for the left. Think you'll ever see Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer get beat? No way in hell. Because the left does as it's told above all else.

The conservatives gave Boehner and McConnell the world, and they pissed all over the opportunity. That is why you're hearing and seeing the GOP schitt the bed on this election.

If Trump gets the nomination, the GOP will burn from the inside out, and you'll sooner see conservatives abandoning the party in droves.

With all due respect, conservatives have already begun to leave the party in droves. The party has routinely shunned conservatives for years now.

Says the guy who retired early because of people like Cruz. I liked Boehner, but he was part of the problem, not the solution. The minute he saw Cantor get killed, he began his exit strategy because conservatives were no longer interested in playing the same role the gatormans play for the left. Think you'll ever see Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer get beat? No way in hell. Because the left does as it's told above all else.

The conservatives gave Boehner and McConnell the world, and they pissed all over the opportunity. That is why you're hearing and seeing the GOP schitt the bed on this election.

Disagree that Boehner is part of the problem. The people who operate in the middle solve problems. The Cruz's of the world won't get dikk accomplished.

Boehner had Obama to the brink of addressing medicare, social security, and defense spending and a true deal on reducing the debt. You have to give to get. The current Congress doesn't understand that and instead divide out into party charicatures who don't have the maturity to understand how to work together. It's intellectually weak and fails us all.

Disagree that Boehner is part of the problem. The people who operate in the middle solve problems. The Cruz's of the world won't get dikk accomplished.

Boehner had Obama to the brink of addressing medicare, social security, and defense spending and a true deal on reducing the debt. You have to give to get. The current Congress doesn't understand that and instead divide out into party charicatures who don't have the maturity to understand how to work together. It's intellectually weak and fails us all.

Obama reneged on that deal and people on both sides of the aisle agree to that point. At the last minute, after the deal was agreed to in principle, Obama got grief from the far left that he was not getting enough, so like the unseasoned leader that he is, he upped an ante he knew Boehner couldn't get done.

Blaming Cruz is just stupid.

Edited by LABillzFan

What do you blame the establishment for? What are they doing that is fracturing the party?

Obama reneged on that deal and people on both sides of the aisle agree to that point. At the last minute, after the deal was agreed to in principle, Obama got grief from the far left that he was not getting enough, so like the unseasoned leader that he is, he upped an ante he knew Boehner couldn't get done.

Blaming Cruz is just stupid.

You're missing the point. I brought up the debt deal as an example of why we need people like Boehner and not Cruz.

Cruz could never have gotten to the table on that deal.

Of course Obama messed that up. That's the famous "moved the goal post" moment.

You're missing the point. I brought up the debt deal as an example of why we need people like Boehner and not Cruz.

Cruz could never have gotten to the table on that deal.

Of course Obama messed that up. That's the famous "moved the goal post" moment.

So Cruz wouldn't have made a deal with a guy who everyone knew had no intention on carrying it through?

Gee. Sure glad we avoided that embarrassment.