I like Sammy, but wow Mack looks like the better player

Dragonborn10

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't trust his resume with the talent he played against. So hard to tell with these guys. Look at Fisher the year before. Looks like a bust from a small school. And OLB was just as big a need as WR.

I still think Sammy can be a superstar but but...

Mack would've been a DE in a 4-3 and that wasn't a need at all. He even plays RE now.

Edited by FireChan

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora
Sammy Watkins is nice and all... but the Bills trading up for him when Odell goes 8 picks later will haunt them nearly as much as EJ pick

La Canfora about to be attacked by a raging Bills Mafia

I didn't trust his resume with the talent he played against. So hard to tell with these guys. Look at Fisher the year before. Looks like a bust from a small school. And OLB was just as big a need as WR.I still think Sammy can be a superstar but but...

but he's no OBJ.

Mack would've been a DE in a 4-3 and that wasn't a need at all. He even plays RE now.

Depends on the package. He could have played OLB or DE. He would have been more stout against the run at DE than Hughes. They could have both played at the same time. Imagine rushing Dareus up the middle and Mario, Mack, and Hughes from wherever.

Total chaos.

Watkins can still be a top 5 WR maybe even top 3.

Just amazes me the time and effort put into college recruiting and the NFL draft, and yet no one really knows how these guys will develop.

Depends on the package. He could have played OLB or DE. He would have been more stout against the run at DE than Hughes. They could have both played at the same time. Imagine rushing Dareus up the middle and Mario, Mack, and Hughes from wherever.

Total chaos.

Watkins can still be a top 5 WR maybe even top 3.

Just amazes me the time and effort put into college recruiting and the NFL draft, and yet no one really knows how these guys will develop.

Mack as an OLB in Schwartz' 4-3 would've been a criminal under use of his talents.

Simple question:

What would Watkins do with Eli Manning as his QB?

This year the BIlls will roughly pick 8-12th. Go get the best WR to accompany Watkins. Next year's offense will look great with TT, McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Woods and the new WR.

This way Woods would be #3 where he belongs and Hogan would fall down the totum poll where he belongs as well!

If were gonna lose 23-20, 17-13 etc....might as well make it exciting and lose 35-31

I really thought that was why we traded up, to get Mack, not Sammy. I was not happy about such a step price to get Mack. But was thinking "oh well he might be worth the risk". Thought having the LBs as Kiko and Mack was a stellar combo dream. Then they drafted Sammy, I said WTF! Nice, but not at that price with all the projected WR talent that year. I was quite confident we could get a very good WR in the 2nd round with such depth at WR that year.

For LaCanfora to say ODB is better when he has Manning throwing to him vs Manual, Orton, and TT is just plain stupid on his part. No way you can equate one to the other. I could more see the argument made if you don't have a great QB, why make the trade, though even that I personally don't agree with, but it's a harder point to argue against.

Jason La Canfora
‏@JasonLaCanfora
Sammy Watkins is nice and all... but the Bills trading up for him when Odell goes 8 picks later will haunt them nearly as much as EJ pick

La Canfora about to be attacked by a raging Bills Mafia

Offense vs defense. An apple to oranges comparisson.

FWIW - Look at Sammys #'s then look at who he's had at QB for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

1. Kyle "I quit" Orton
  2. The inexperienced/developing Tyrod Taylor (who seems to forget he's on the field when it matters)

WRT OBJ. he's a whining primadonna who happens to have a SB champ at QB.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Clear as day ODB is better, running routes, getting separation, consistently catching the ball, and making spectacular catches Watkins isnt....doesn't matter who the QB is to see those things. IMO Beckham is the best player in the league right now. As I said in a different thread, Sammy is more like a bigger Lee Evans, than a smaller Julio Jones. He gets some first half strikes, but after defenses adjust to his speed, he becomes largely invisible...doesn't have the route running ability to get separation, running ability to turn short routes and reverses into big gains, nor the vertical to win jump balls. Against eagles also had some crucial drops.

He's good and can help win games....as Lee Evans was...but to compare him to OBD and a handful of other trule elite WRs is kinda silly.