Bill's DC Thurman calls out ref video proof

17 Josh Allen

Listen, I think the refs are absolutely horrid AND biased, and some may even be "on the take", but from what I saw, it was very clear that the tip of the ball hit the ground, and his hand was not under it, and that was not a good INT. Eagles should have kept the ball; the replay showed it clearly.

100 percent agree. I was happy that they were wrong, but karma bit us in the end.

It doesn't matter if the tip of the ball hits the ground as long as the player is controlling it. I don't think they could determine that Leodis wasn't controlling it.

There was no freaking way that he was controlling it. It was obvious.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the officials are horrendous, but the officials didn't cost us this game; yet again we beat ourselves and that comes down to coaching and playing smart. Want to blame someone look in the mirror Dennis Modkins, Rex Juaron & players...

We are under-performing in relation to our level of talent...

I would agree with Thurman's statement. It is an embarrassment.

Refs need to held personally accountable. WTH is wrong with this league. It is becoming unwatchable.

When will it be our time? huh Goober? When?

How much money do the Bills have to pay you to get a playoff bid? Goober.

This league is corrupt, no doubt about it.

Imo

Other than the pick play, what blatant call/non-call did they miss against bills? I thought a hold on Richie and one on wood were ticky tack, but that happens. All of the neutral zone and false starts were legit. In eagles case they had reason to complain about McKelvin pick not over turned...so it all pretty much evened out

The ball can touch the ground as long as it does not help the receiver catch it. Another large grey subjective area in the rule book, but it's there. It's not like McKelvin trapped it against the ground. He had it between his arm and body, and the tip touched the ground. Not enough there to overturn.

Its amazing

We are so used to getting shafted on calls when one is actually "not enough evidence to overturn" we feel like the we deserve to get shafted

I can react like that because I'm a fan, but coaches look bad when they do it, they just need to be better at their jobs. They need to put the energy to get the players in position to make positive plays, on defense they have failed in that regard.

Not sure that I 100% buy into the whole age thing.

I remember guys officiating games in their 50's-70's back in the Bills glory years and they were 110% more competent than the yahoo's that they have on the field these days. Yes, calls were occasionally blown, but it was a rarity compared to the boatloads of crap penalties that are called (or not called)...and it seems to be getting worse with every game that I watch. To the point of being a total joke anymore.

While I can see increasing the amount of penalties for hits to the head, QB, chop blocks, etc...most can't get an easy pass interference, OOB, or catch right the first time. And there are way too many instances where they can't even get it right even after reviewing the play!

Disgusting.

100 percent agree. I was happy that they were wrong, but karma bit us in the end.

did Hocule give any explanation after the review? If he did you couldn't hear it in the stadium. To us it looked like the came back from break and just restarted the game. That's why the Philly fans had such a fit.

Someone should yell at Thurman that it's embarrassing that on a handful of 3rd and longs his DL can't manage to stay onside, giving the offense a much better down and distance on a critical down.

We need a coaching staff that looks in the mirror instead of making excuses like the fanbase does.

If fans followed Thurman home from the airport after the game and berated him for the mess he has made out of this defense, he'd call the authorities. Did you ever see Thurman's mentor-Tom Landry- pull this type of thing? Rex is undisciplined; his team is undisciplined; and his coaches are undisciplined. Yes the officiating is terrible...but then again, so is this coaching staff.