Bill's DC Thurman calls out ref video proof

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bull ****

hmm, tough one.

Im not big on "blaming the refs" for losses. I always feel the team could have and should have done more to ensure the refs couldnt influence the game. For example, we got a couple of really bad calls in the Indy game and first Dolphin game, that could have turned the game. But we were handling our business properly so it didnt matter in the long run. As much as I hate to say it, even the Pats have been getting some really bad calls against them this year, but they overcome.

With that said... the hard part is, games are usually very close in the NFL. That's the way the league wants it. Not every game can or will be a blow out. Few and far between, actually. And no team is perfect. So, if the league is setting it up so a single possession decides the game, it is even more imperative that the officiating be on point. When you have 2 teams slugging it out, with player careers on the line, coaching jobs on the line, etc. and one stupid ref blows an obvious call... yeah, I can see blaming the refs a bit.

i drove 16 hours (round trip) for that crap G. What a disappointing game.

It was very disappointing because I'm sitting there in the first half thinking why we weren't blowing them out yet.

hmm, tough one

referees in the NFL suck. I believe that they are equal opportunity suckers. Bad calls happen every game, most games multiple times. Atrocious calls happen far too often. We see and REMEMBER every bad call against the Bills because they are the team we care about. Games can sometimes be decided by a bad or atrocious call. Games are often affected by bad or atrocious calls. That sucks. 5 times in 7 losses? I really don't think so.

Being a Loooong time fan......I was a season ticket holder starting in the 70's...even back at old War Memorial Stadium. (yeh, the $3 end zone seats in those days)

I kept them until 80's, when the officiating got so bad that I decided they were deciding the games, and I gave up my tickets. That time Ralph Wilson went on a rampage and called out how bad the officials were.....Taglibue (the commish in those days) fined Ralph ($25K Ithink) Ralph then did a press conf where he said he would say what he wanted when he wanted, he had earned that....and he was going to do it again when he felt like it. Taglibue then publically backed down.....and things did get better. I don't recall what they did, but this recent problem is not so different of what happened back then. And, I am a season ticket holder again, and am again thinking of bailing since I feel the games are being decided by the officials. (I am sad to say) The football product is being hurt....no question. That pick play was to much imho. Terrible no call. Of course, this time the crisis in officiating is partially being caused by the instant review the technology is providing. Back in the day, there was no recourse. I will say this, the NHL has leveled the playing field considerably with the centralized replay review........and I would favor doing that with a few top guns on the tubes. (are you listening Jim Schwartz?, now advising the officials in the NFL on the Bills dime) I have a month or so to decide if, once again, I have to walk on the season tickets.

It doesn't matter if the tip of the ball hits the ground as long as the player is controlling it. I don't think they could determine that Leodis wasn't controlling it.

fact. seriously. he controlled the ball to the ground. i too questioned it.

I would love to think the refs have screwed us but in all honesty, I cannot watch a Bills game objectively enough to see if that's the case.

interesting state of being Steve. Not a good thing i might guess.

Lol.

These guys are ridiculous.

they are changing the rules ...their catch committee that's been established. Chris Brown stated today Ed Hoculi had to over rule guys 4 or 5 times because they didnt know the rules. Rich Eisen said the same thing for Gene Saratore saves further embarrassment bailing out his crew. They finally recognize it, they don't know what they are doing and shouldn't be out there but won't say no to the $$$

Any one still wonder where the lack of discipline comes from?

sunday night patriots texans game ..they had to review and over turn how many calls ....on basic plays ..8 yard pass - they don't get basic calls right, don't know simple rules, many are over 65 years old trying to keep up with 23 world class athletes..it's laughable they are brutal I'm glad it's become league wide. Shuffling Morel out of prime time games because he's too awful...oh but you still get to ref other games just not where the whole country can see you- ha. Laughable and pathetic

The refs are unbearable but in honestly it's an impossible job.

impossible to do at 70 years old? ya tough but not at 35 but these guys won't leave it like supreme court justice and they will not step down from the money

hmm, tough one.

Im not big on "blaming the refs" for losses. I always feel the team could have and should have done more to ensure the refs couldnt influence the game. For example, we got a couple of really bad calls in the Indy game and first Dolphin game, that could have turned the game. But we were handling our business properly so it didnt matter in the long run. As much as I hate to say it, even the Pats have been getting some really bad calls against them this year, but they overcome.

With that said... the hard part is, games are usually very close in the NFL. That's the way the league wants it. Not every game can or will be a blow out. Few and far between, actually. And no team is perfect. So, if the league is setting it up so a single possession decides the game, it is even more imperative that the officiating be on point. When you have 2 teams slugging it out, with player careers on the line, coaching jobs on the line, etc. and one stupid ref blows an obvious call... yeah, I can see blaming the refs a bit.

patriots hold like no other ...the spotlight Gronk with Collinsworth last night...first clip he can block has two handful of Clowney's jersey....he can catch the clip is him pushing off the defender making the catch Collinsworth even acknowledges it......he and michaels just laugh--neither called a penalty

Edited by CardinalScotts

patriots hold like no other ...the spotlight Gronk with Collinsworth last night...first clip he can block has two handful of Clowney's jersey....he can catch the clip is him pushing off the defender making the catch Collinsworth even acknowledges it......he and michaels just laugh--neither called a penalty

when the announcers call a clear penalty a great play or laugh about it drives me nuts. "What a great push off by the wide receiver to gain separation for that touchdown" umm thats OPI.

so they should just sit there and take horrible call after horrible call and not say anything? What a kitty line of thinking. Every coach in the NFL curses out the refs. Edited by Not at the table Karlos

bill Belichik physically grabbed an official once and berated him after a game with Baltimore. Tom Brady follows a ref into a tunnel and yells f bombs at him in Carolina. When they do it, it's called "passion" and "look how competitive they are! They just hate to lose! Our guys accept it and are just planning their tee times, I wish they would show some heart, wahhhh"

I don't think player discipline derives from a coach being angry right after a game about bad officiating. Especially one decided by 3 points. It's a tradition like no other.

Edited by YoloinOhio

High Def and Replay are killing this game. There has always been bad calls as they happen in nano seconds, but we had to live with it in the past. Bottom line is we weren't good enough to beat any of the teams previously mentioned with bad calls.the Eagles and other opponents had bad calls on them as well.

Everytime I though the OLine moved for the Eagles, I was wrong as our guys moved first. We see so much in super slow motion, we think everything is wrong. It doesn't matter if these refs are 35 or 55. The bottom line is the game is freakin fast, and your not going to see everything.

We already review so many plays and have two challenges a half. How slow do you want the game to go? Bottom line is we deserve our 6-7 record. Can anyone honestly say we will compete with NE (their players are getting healthy), Denver, Cincy, Arizona, Seattle, Carolina,and so on.

We're not. It sucks, and I'm sick of it too. It's why 30 for 30 hurts so much 25 years later because we didn't know what we had back then. I remember just expecting to go to the playoffs every year, driving down for the winning score in 70 seconds, and so on.

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on this thread, but I'm sick of excuses. We're just not that good. Period.

I WILL RENEW MY TICKETS BUT like the man says the " refs" are the almost as bad as the 70's when "Shula's" refs never would call a flag on the fish,,

I think maybe its time though FOR THE PEGULA'S to step up and say something instead of sitting in a corner acting like the new kids!

RALPH could see it , I AM pretty sure they can too!

NFL has outgrown the refs now their incompetence is becoming a glaring problem ,its apparent that the NFL needs to be embarrassed publicly before they react any differently.!

I WILL RENEW MY TICKETS BUT like the man says the " refs" are the almost as bad as the 70's when "Shula's" refs never would call a flag on the fish,,

I think maybe its time though FOR THE PEGULA'S to step up and say something instead of sitting in a corner acting like the new kids!

NFL has outgrown the refs now their incompetence is becoming a glaring problem ,its apparent that the NFL needs to be embarrassed publicly before they react any differently.!

NFL needs to start making referee a full time position. These guys are part time and most have other jobs. They should be working every M-F plus Sunday and spending all week reviewing film, reffing at practices, etc. It's absurd that they are this bad and have such little feel for the game.

But, the NFL is too cheap to pay the taxes and benefits associated with full time employees so... here we are.

There are 10 referees in the NFL with 20-27 years of experience. They're the same ones not flagging Shula's Fish. :death: