Who Still Likes the Rex Hire

billsfan_34

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. That's on the players. It's not " rocket surgery" . Don't commit pre snap and generally dumb penalties. They know this. Some guys just don't play smart and you have to weed them out. Many of them were here before and had a rep for penalties already. I mean, how often is Mario Williams flagged? Is he being coached " better" than Jerry Hughes?

Its common knowledge that heavily penalized teams lack discipline- im talking from a team standpoint. And this team has Rex's footprint. We can agree to disagree.

BFS: battered fan syndrome. I have it too. I'll be back next year.

Great I have that along with PTSD- im screwed lol

Could it have been a collective show of support and relief from constantly worrying about the future of the team in Buffalo? That awakened the inner fan in folks who had become unwilling to get emotionally and financially invested in a team that looked destined to leave? Even casual NFL fans knew the team still lacked a proven QB ( and still does) and that Brady and Belichick still resided in the AFC East. So I have a hard time believing THAT many fans were so blindly optimistic faced with that reality. Some , perhaps . But it seemed more a celebration that the Bills belonged to Buffalo for good. After week 17 last year, most Bills fans weren't even expecting a change at HC. The offseason moves were interesting , but obviously not enough to catapult this roster into contention.

I can't deny your point about the relief from the worry of losing our team. I am certainly among those folks who were very concerned. But we also have a 16-year sobering track record to consider as well. No one sells belief like the Bills and this was yet another example of "hook planted firmly in fan mouth."

Think about the level of ineptitude it takes to not make the playoffs over 16 consecutive seasons. There can be no true bandwagon to jump on until the Bills are in the post season. Until then, every change they make DESERVES all the skepticism a Jerry Sullivan can muster. Every Jets fan on planet Earth can rightly say, "I told you so."

I can't deny your point about the relief from the worry of losing our team. I am certainly among those folks who were very concerned. But we also have a 16-year sobering track record to consider as well. No one sells belief like the Bills and this was yet another example of "hook planted firmly in fan mouth."

Think about the level of ineptitude it takes to not make the playoffs over 16 consecutive seasons. There can be no true bandwagon to jump on until the Bills are in the post season. Until then, every change they make DESERVES all the skepticism a Jerry Sullivan can muster. Every Jets fan on planet Earth can rightly say, "I told you so."

Those Jets fans can say that, but they also got to witness their team make the playoffs and get to 2 AFC tile games, knocking off the Pats in Foxboro along the way. These are things Bills fans can only dream of, so my empathy meter isn't exactly running high for Jets fans. Every NFL teams job is to sell " hope" in one way or another, especially when half the teams lack a top QB, and wins are never guaranteed . At least the Bills made moves . Probably not good enough yet.

Hue Jackson my friend

Why hue jackson. Why not TODD BOWLES?!?!?!?! The guy who is 8-5 and is in our conference with that record.

And Brandon Marshall... And Regis and skrine... That team made wholesale upgrades after blasting all the dead money in 2014

And decker