Who Still Likes the Rex Hire

billsfan_34

And just how do you hold players accountable? Show me an NFL team that does this. Do you bench starters (no ), cut them ( no) . That might work with some backup you don't need. Lots of penalties today by guys that got beat on the OL. You hold or your QB gets hurt. The others are pre snap discipline stuff, but again it's the NFL. What can you do if you don't have a better guy?

Yeah, you do. Two coaches that come to mind for benching undisciplined players are Belichick and Coughlin. I'm sure more coaches do it.

I think you have to be confident in your system to do that, though. You have to have a history of winning. Maybe an established QB to make up for it. Benching players is a hard thing to do, but it's effective. Definitely a tough call for Rex to make, but I don't think he would ever do that, anyway, regardless of the circumstances.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just how do you hold players accountable? Show me an NFL team that does this. Do you bench starters (no ), cut them ( no) . That might work with some backup you don't need. Lots of penalties today by guys that got beat on the OL. You hold or your QB gets hurt. The others are pre snap discipline stuff, but again it's the NFL. What can you do if you don't have a better guy?

The Patriots- after pigpens muff he wouldnt of seen the field again- and he does on offense going forward in motion like he is in the arena league- want some more?

It's fine to say Jackson or Bowles, but they had no HC experience prior to this year. Rex was the Bills best choice, and he blew it. And boy, did he blow it. Add a competent QB (surprisingly), a great RB, a TE and then make a top 5 defense suck. Holy geeeze...

If they gave this team to Roman after this season and brought Schwartz back, I'd be on board totally.

But Rex isn't done destroying this window of opportunity. Oh no. We'll see Mario and Kyle gone before this loser. But won't it be nice to root for a better draft pick once a #@&$ing gain?

Yeah, you do. Two coaches that come to mind for benching undisciplined players are Belichick and Coughlin. I'm sure more coaches do it.

I think you have to be confident in your system to do that, though. You have to have a history of winning. Maybe an established QB to make up for it. Benching players is a hard thing to do, but it's effective. Definitely a tough call for Rex to make, but I don't think he would ever do that, anyway,

regardless of the circumstances.

Belichick! Lol. He has a HOF QB and a talented team. They also get the benefit of the doubt when they do hold etc and don't get flagged. Name a top starter that he has benched for penalties. Don't confuse not getting called for infractions with not committing them.

Belichick! Lol. He has a HOF QB and a talented team. They also get the benefit of the doubt when they do hold etc and don't get flagged. Name a top starter that he has benched for penalties. Don't confuse not getting called for infractions with not committing them.

His teams arent always the most talented- he gets the most out of them

It's fine to say Jackson or Bowles, but they had no HC experience prior to this year. Rex was the Bills best choice, and he blew it. And boy, did he blow it. Add a competent QB (surprisingly), a great RB, a TE and then make a top 5 defense suck. Holy geeeze...

If they gave this team to Roman after this season and brought Schwartz back, I'd be on board totally.

But Rex isn't done destroying this window of opportunity. Oh no. We'll see Mario and Kyle gone before this loser. But won't it be nice to root for a better draft pick once a #@&$ing gain?

Bowles could defeat Jauron in a Mannequin impersonation . And he'd be torn apart on this board. The Bills would have been better off if they had landed Revis and Brandon Marshall and Cromartie also. It's not their coach.

I thought I explained it well enough in that post.

You don't even need to bench the top players. Bench the RG/RT, who aren't even that much better than the backups. If I'm the HC, I don't even care about the inconsistency there. If you're not a star, then you don't get the benefit of the doubt. Belichick and Coughlin definitely bench those types of 2nd tier players and I think it works. Of course, like I explained, it's a tough decision when you don't have a history of winning and an established QB to lead the team. Not a knock on Tyrod, though. I think he's done a great job.

If Easley was good at that they never would have used an extra roster spot on Thigpen.

He cant be worse- thats my point. The guys has stunk all year and yes so did mckelvin when he came in so you have to let someone else do it. Hell I would even give Woods a crack.

His teams arent always the most talented- he gets the most out of them

He's a great coach, but they have lots of talent where it matters most. But a coach of his caliber isn't and wasn't available . So then what? The Bills have lots of players that are overrated and commit lots of penalties because they get beat.

He cant be worse- thats my point. The guys has stunk all year and yes so did mckelvin when he came in so you have to let someone else do it. Hell I would even give Woods a crack.

Woods is the more obvious choice. He has experience returning punts and is a shifty runner. Easley, not so much.

He's a great coach, but they have lots of talent where it matters most. But a coach of his caliber isn't and wasn't available . So then what? The Bills have lots of players that are overrated and commit lots of penalties because they get beat.

I think you have that backwards. There are forced errors and unforced errors. Bills players are committing a lot of unforced errors, which are the reason for the concern with discipline.