[closed]Glenn and Incognito Unrestricted Free Agents - WHY?

These guys are playing very well. I know there are cap considerations but they are going to have to pay SOMEONE to play on the O-line. Should have resigned Glenn last offseason. Should have extended Incognito midseason.

I fear for the O-line next year.

LOL. Everyone was saying how much Glenn sucked last year and didn't want to sign him "too early" like Fitzy. He's doing well this year, so it's gonna cost us some do re mi to sign him. Incognito is still on probation, he's got another month to implode. If he can keep his nose clean, then we'll have to pay him too.

These guys are playing very well. I know there are cap considerations but they are going to have to pay SOMEONE to play on the O-line. Should have resigned Glenn last offseason. Should have extended Incognito midseason.

I guess you missed the story that Whaley (you know, our GM who's getting fired) is already negotiating with both their agents.

So are you saying waiting till the last minute is a bad idea? Funny, that's exactly what some people want to do with Taylor. ;)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They have a minimum of an extra $10 mil in cap space next year. They'll resign them both. Bradham is on the block though as I see them revamping the LB crew.

Glenn sucked last year, and even this year started out a bit shaky. If I'm Glenn if you want to sign me early, I'm asking for top LT money. While Glenn is good and hope they re-sign him, he's not worth top money so likely he will hit FA before he signs. He'll either pull become one of these guys who tests the waters, finds know one vales him as much as himself and re-signs with Buffalo or someone comes along and way overpays and he's then gone. If that happens, then we sign someone else maybe someone who actually is a top LT and deserves the money.

As to Richie sounds like they are talking, but again wouldn't want to start talking till late in the year and make sure he's worth resigning. We also don't know if there has been some off field maybe locker room things going on with him that shows Richie is still somewhat being the Richie of old. Haven't heard anything, but you never know. Will see what happens. If for some reason the Bill's make little attempt to re-sign him, would make me wonder what may be going on.

I've been pointing to this as a big issue too. Incognito and Glenn are 2 of the 3 best OLmen on the team, maybe the best 2. There's still time to re-sign them (obviously), but its concerning that nothing serious seems to be in the works yet. I know that there was talk with Glenn's agent at one point, but the sides seemed pretty far apart. I've heard nothing on talks with Cogs.

Glenn sucked last year, and even this year started out a bit shaky. If I'm Glenn if you want to sign me early, I'm asking for top LT money. While Glenn is good and hope they re-sign him, he's not worth top money so likely he will hit FA before he signs. He'll either pull become one of these guys who tests the waters, finds know one vales him as much as himself and re-signs with Buffalo or someone comes along and way overpays and he's then gone. If that happens, then we sign someone else maybe someone who actually is a top LT and deserves the money.

The problem with not signing players before their contract is up is (obviously) that you wind up dealing with the market. We saw that with Hughes last season (although he appeared to give a slight hometown discount). Glenn will fetch a premium on the open market because competent LTs don't come available that often. I don't think the Bills can compete for his services if he hits the market. They just don't have the cap room unless they make some moves beyond the obvious. And the lack of decent LTs in the typical FA market as well as the premiums they typically demand means the odds of signing one are slim. The "just sign somebody else" argument doesn't really work out.

Incognito should be easier to get done, but who knows what would happen if he hit the FA market? He's an excellent OG who's one screw up from never playing again. He's a guy with a long history of screwing up, but who has kept his nose clean this year. An important consideration with him is that he seems to have pissed away the money he made before getting here so he is probably looking for the biggest payday on what is almost certainly his last chance at a reasonably big one. Personally I find his case the most interesting of any impending free-agent on any team. Such a wide range of possibilities.

Edited by BarleyNY