Why was Sammie on the field as a DB last play of the game???

wnysteel

its a 9 point game with 3 seconds left. and sammie is on the field. there is no way even with completed TD pass that the Texans can win. Why risk injury to your best offensive player?

this was absolutely hideous. put felton out there, or gragg, or mulligan. but sammie?

nothing came of it thankfully. but that was a horrendous decision. if its the playoffs or game to get in the playoffs, i understand. you go all in. but it was nowhere near the case here.

Go back and look...he, Easly, Woods were all on for last 3 snaps, not just last one.

What is really freaking terrifying is go back and watch the incomplete on 4th and 10 that gave us the ball back at the 20 or whatever...Robey is seen running around the field with his helmet off for about 3 seconds right near the endzone.

Sure looked like we got away with one there.

too lazy to look at all 22 to see his helmet came off

Edited by plenzmd1

Go back and look...he, Easly, Woods were all on for last 3 snaps, not just last one.

What is really freaking terrifying is go back and watch the incomplete on 4th and 10 that gave us the ball back at the 20 or whatever...Robey is seen running around the field with his helmet off for about 3 seconds right near the endzone.

That scared me as well. I saw him dancing and showboating and was waiting for some sort of unsportsmanlike penalty.

That's what good teams do. No issue with it. What if he got hurt easing into ice tub after the game? He's a football play for Christmas sake...

well we aren't a good team. or at least, we don't have a good record.

again, my point was to use him if the situation calls for it. i.e. in the playoffs, last play of game to get in the playoffs. none of that applied here. he isn't paid to practice or play as a DB. why risk injury in a meaningless play? he didn't get hurt so it's a tough argument. had he got hurt, everyone would be howling.

and for those that are saying, "he's a football player", do you ever see Brady or Manning out there as a DB?

That scared me as well. I saw him dancing and showboating and was waiting for some sort of unsportsmanlike penalty.

no helmet automatic penalty unless knocked off right? Robey nails Hoyer...so that aint it.

Plain and simple we got away with one there..stupid rule, but rule none the less

After the whistle, so it would have been post-possession. BFD.