The chemistry on deep balls to Sammy... A huge development

YoloinOhio

Tyrod threw the ball 36 times today? :blink::blink:

So when the Bills lose(like last week), it's okay to criticize the OC for ignoring Watkins the entire 2nd half, but when they win(like today), he can't be criticized?

Once an idiot, always an idiot.

If we fans aren't actually OCs i don't think we are in position to call them out so harshly.

Last week was a bit odd for sure.

but the play calling this week was much more fun !

Myself, i look to the players to execute. felton whiffing, mulligan holding and stuff like that.

Roman is hardly an idiot.

But if you are calling me an Idiot, i might have to agree !

Things is if Hogan and Woods and Clay actually caught footballs in bounds or whatever more often) consistently. then sammy could get wide open

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean for this to be a criticism of Sammy's targets. I didn't even know how many he had. The Bills usually win when TT throws less so I really don't care how many he has. The point was that stretching the field like that is something not every team can actually do. The Bills are doing it, and it sets up the run game they really want. Then there is the threat of the QB run,

They throw to him deep because it works. The other stuff is good too but they should keep doing this until someone stops it.

I didn't mean for this to be a criticism of Sammy's targets. I didn't even know how many he had. The Bills usually win when TT throws less so I really don't care how many he has. The point was that stretching the field like that is something not every team can actually do. The Bills are doing it, and it sets up the run game they really want. Then there is the threat of the QB run,

They throw to him deep because it works. The other stuff is good too but they should keep doing this until someone stops it.

I agree. So much tougher for defenses. For much of the recent past we've been missing this element and the defense would just stack the box against the run. Remember all those times struggling to get into the red zone, and not finding a way in once the field was shortened? With TT the big plays show everyone we can strike deep at any time, and they have to try to figure out how to defend that, and the run (with a pretty good McCoy) and now also TT's runs. It makes it tough on everyone. Only thing I miss is last year's D. Edited by Georgia Bill

Still wondering why virtually the only plays Sammy gets targeted are go routes. The guy is a complete WR and they need to use him as such. I'm not sure I've seen a WR screen to him in a Bills uni yet.

And he made his living doing those screens at Clemson. I've wondered about that too, thinking last year it was because he had the ribs bugging him all season and they didn't want to risk it, but this year I thought we'd start to see some bubble screens or slants, but for some reason they just want him going deep. Maybe because they think he's fragile and the go route doesn't usually come with the big hit or tackle.

Roman should have a Sammy screen in the playbook though. You know he does, just waiting for the right time...................

Still wondering why virtually the only plays Sammy gets targeted are go routes. The guy is a complete WR and they need to use him as such. I'm not sure I've seen a WR screen to him in a Bills uni yet.

He had a great catch on a post route over the middle that TT threw perfectly too.

But I thought we were all ENLIGHTENED 3 times. Sammys soft ! And he's dumb and stuff.

I was only enlightened 2 times. I must have missed out on one :(:cry:

Watkins only needs 365 more yards for 1,000...if they keep this up he could have it with a game to spare...

And he missed 4.5 games compared to last years playing with an injury. Stepping up in a big way at this point!

It wasn't taken as a critism, but you have to take in the breadth of the Board when you post. Ha! The injuries and QB shuffles Sammy has dealt with in one & 3/4 seasons here are well chronicled, but here's the biggest thing he brings; Winning Records. He doesn't know or care about 15 years of futility. He contributed to a winning team last year and in all likelihood will do so again in year 2, while finally having consistency at QB.

Does anything else really matter?

If we fans aren't actually OCs i don't think we are in position to call them out so harshly.

It's too late for this way of thinking when it comes to Bills Fans. We have seen our "professional" coaches and GMs make so many blunders over the years that it seems kind of natural to second guess them.

It's too late for this way of thinking when it comes to Bills Fans. We have seen our "professional" coaches and GMs make so many blunders over the years that it seems kind of natural to second guess them.

Its never too late, Bill. It easier to criticize . I understand that.

I myself have been kept in The omnipresent Buffalo Bills futility mode for years. :flirt:

Yesterday was pure joy.

except felton....

j/k

The one thing that I noticed and loved was that Tyrod was throwing to Sammy when double covered.