Trump Alone at the Top

Whatever good Trump did in Mexico was erased with all the red meat he was dishing out last night.

The Speech

by Rich Lowrey

It was a mistake in my view to give the speech in a rally setting, which made it seem a typical bombastic Trump performance. And much of it was.
But the policy was unassailable.
From an immigration hawk point of view, it is almost certainly the soundest speech ever given by a major-party presidential candidate.
He implicitly backed off from mass deportation, which was never going to happen.
The rest of it disappointed the (exaggerated) expectations of a “softening.” Trump outlined a comprehensive and coherent enforcement-first agenda.
Some people are saying that Trump has adopted a version of the Obama program in his emphasis on getting out bad actors first. But Obama gutted interior enforcement and Trump is promising to bring it back.
The press will be relentless in continuing to ask about legalization for the 11 million, although Trump’s position of ambiguity–let’s not address the remaining illegal population until we have a new, functioning system of enforcement–is the correct answer for now.

I do not see the calculus for the Mexican president, there is absolutely no upside for him.

So you think not being host to a cordial meeting with a potential American President would be more ingratiating?

Why not begin to build a foundation for a relationship early on?

Stonewalling him till he gets in office won't get him to soften his approach. It would likely harden his resolve.

I think he earned a lot of good will and respect from The Donald. It's the start of what could be a constructive relationship.

He should be able to sell that to his people.

CNN panel strikingly unaware of place 'merit' and 'skill' have played in recent bipartisan immigration reform efforts.

Most of the ideas discussed tonight were supported by Bill Clinton in 1995 and passed by Congress in 1996 (IRAIRA) w/o controversy.

There you have it...............Leftist reporter says inclusion of 'Angel Moms', describing their anguish, makes it a hate rally!

But the BlackLivesMatter moms and excluding murdered police officer's families at the Democrat Convention was a hug and a kiss to all America.

The Speech

by Rich Lowrey

It was a mistake in my view to give the speech in a rally setting, which made it seem a typical bombastic Trump performance. And much of it was.
From an immigration hawk point of view, it is almost certainly the soundest speech ever given by a major-party presidential candidate.
He implicitly backed off from mass deportation, which was never going to happen.
The rest of it disappointed the (exaggerated) expectations of a “softening.” Trump outlined a comprehensive and coherent enforcement-first agenda.
Some people are saying that Trump has adopted a version of the Obama program in his emphasis on getting out bad actors first. But Obama gutted interior enforcement and Trump is promising to bring it back.
The press will be relentless in continuing to ask about legalization for the 11 million, although Trump’s position of ambiguity–let’s not address the remaining illegal population until we have a new, functioning system of enforcement–is the correct answer for now.

That's by far the closest to an endorsement as I've heard out of Rich Lowry

Edited by Azalin

So you think not being host to a cordial meeting with a potential American President would be more ingratiating?

Stonewalling him till he gets in office won't get him to soften his approach. It would likely harden his resolve.

I think he earned a lot of good will and respect from The Donald. It's the start of what could be a constructive relationship.

No offense Nanker, you clearly do not have a pulse of the Latin community, not just in Mexico but throughout the world.

Trump is public enemy number one throughout the Latin world, he is THE punchline of punchlines.

The Speech

by Rich Lowrey

I agree with Lowry on many issues, immigration, is not one of them.

I was pretty surprised that DT got the invitation. What is impressive to me was Trump making the trip, having the meeting and getting back stateside to make a very long and thorough presentation on the topic. Obviously he prepared but he's running circles around Hillary in terms of activity and hitting things in the news cycle such as the flood in Louisiana. She's moving like a snail and even if that's her strategy, she's not looking good in comparison.

I was pretty surprised that DT got the invitation. What is impressive to me was Trump making the trip, having the meeting and getting back stateside to make a very long and thorough presentation on the topic. Obviously he prepared but he's running circles around Hillary in terms of activity and hitting things in the news cycle such as the flood in Louisiana. She's moving like a snail and even if that's her strategy, she's not looking good in comparison.

If she goes, I'll be surprised. She won't risk going on someone else's turf unless the entire proceeding is scripted and there is written agreement to sticking to the script. And of course, she's fully rested for the performance. She's already lost the initiative. He's been there done that.

I think these visits to Louisiana and Mexico are turning the tide in the race in Trump's favor because he's doing things that Presidents should do. If he walks into Detroit and it goes well, she's in bigger trouble than the media or her campaign will admit.

The picture yesterday was bad. He's in Mexico after all he's said about the border...and she's doing the canned, safe speech at the American Legion.

"Secretary Clinton already went to Mexico in 2014". :lol: Tone deaf on her handlers' part. She's treating the Mexican President and the Mexican people like she treats our African Americans and citizens of Hispanic descent... like little children whose votes she's owed because of her empty promises. After the election and she gets what she wants... nothing changes for them.

"Secretary Clinton already went to Mexico in 2014". :lol: Tone deaf on her handlers' part. She's treating the Mexican President and the Mexican people like she treats our African Americans and citizens of Hispanic descent... like little children whose votes she's owed because of her empty promises. After the election and she gets what she wants... nothing changes for them.

That's okay, because although she's lying through her teeth when she pretends to be concerned about the plight of anyone who has more melanin than Edgar Winter, it's the fact that she pretends to care (while ignoring the root causes of the deplorable conditions in the barrios and inner-cities) and blows a billowing cloud of smoke up their butts that make her popular among people of non-European ethnicity.

They can have her. See where it gets them.

No offense Nanker, you clearly do not have a pulse of the Latin community, not just in Mexico but throughout the world.

Trump is public enemy number one throughout the Latin world, he is THE punchline of punchlines.

I agree with Lowry on many issues, immigration, is not one of them.

I think it is you who don't have the pulse. There is a silent minority of about 30% Hispanics who love Trump but are bullied into silence / afraid for their lives if they speak up. It's the same thing with blacks where there is a silent minority of about 15%. Those blacks REALLY have to stay quiet or else somebody will bust a cap in dey azz.

This will show up on November 8th.

What will probably cost Trump the election are cucked whites. The minority support will be there.

I think it is you who don't have the pulse. There is a silent minority of about 30% Hispanics who love Trump but are bullied into silence / afraid for their lives if they speak up. It's the same thing with blacks where there is a silent minority of about 15%. Those blacks REALLY have to stay quiet or else somebody will bust a cap in dey azz.

This will show up on November 8th.

What will probably cost Trump the election are cucked whites. The minority support will be there.

lol, ok

Not even an inch into September, and you already have your blame button ready to be pushed.

It wasn't us neo-Nazis! It was the cucked whites! :lol:

Yes, we shouldn't discount the alt-righty's view when it comes to having a pulse of the minority community.