I still think Rex can still get the job donel

I'm as unhappy as anyone about the way the team has played (it's not just the record).

But Rex is obviously fine and I'll hold off at least until the end of next year before I eat him alive. We've had a ton of injuries and, of course, his scheme and methods will take some time to implement.

There were articles about this when he was hired, and I was a not the only one a bit worried at the hire. But once it was done it was done. Give him time. His defensive reputation is earned (if nothing else).

My only worry is his team got less functional, not more, with time. I'm aware the GM issues and such but a bit worried that things like discipline will continue to fall not get fixed, unless we stumble into a Ray Lewis and/or Ed reed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we played all these teams earlier in the year when healthy, we'd won the games or be favorites in every one of them like we are going to be now. We even have the Jets at home to finish them off ourselves, so it's more than possible.

There's no venison here and I'm not dreaming, we're going to torch the Texans. I doubt the Texans even get more than 13 points total, we'll be there by halftime or earlier.

The loss last week still stings but the reality of the matter is the Chiefs were at home and have been playing good football as of late. It's not like we're getting blown out of the water in our losses or have had no chances to win any of those games, it's been essentially failures to perform or unfortunate calls that have cost us good chances to win the game.

I for one think Rex has the team in a position where they know they must perform now or the season is over, in a desperate spot. Teams that play the best under pressure usually find ways to win. The Titans game was a nail-biter & it really showed our determination.

I expect us to get JJ Watt to over-pursue this week and we're going to throw lots of screens away from him. We will do well this week and the upcoming weeks, imho.

Go Bills !!

He didn't have them in that position last week? No pressure last week?

My only worry is his team got less functional, not more, with time. I'm aware the GM issues and such but a bit worried that things like discipline will continue to fall not get fixed, unless we stumble into a Ray Lewis and/or Ed reed

Check out Rex's record with the Jets. The longer he coached the worse the team performed. He left the team in shambles. He had an unimpressive six year record with the Jets. The dour former HC thoroughly outperformed him when they went head to head. With Rex and the Bills what you see is not inconsistent with what transpired in New York.

Marrone is understandably not very liked. But in his short two year stint his team did get better in each year. That upward trajectory didn't play out for Rex in NYC. Why was this coach more known for his antics than for the performances of his team hired? Makes no sense to me!

I can't think of win this year where Rex's coaching made a difference in the outcome.

He gets consistently outcoached in the second half of games.

One thing that made Levy so great, and other coaches like Belichek, are they halftime adjustments they make. Rex's adjustments typically result in this team losing the 2nd half of games.

Yup, 2nd half of games, more important than the 1st. Just ask the Lions.

The loss last week still stings but the reality of the matter is the Chiefs were at home and have been playing good football as of late. It's not like we're getting blown out of the water in our losses or have had no chances to win any of those games, it's been essentially failures to perform or unfortunate calls that have cost us good chances to win the game.

I for one think Rex has the team in a position where they know they must perform now or the season is over, in a desperate spot. Teams that play the best under pressure usually find ways to win. The Titans game was a nail-biter & it really showed our determination.

I expect us to get JJ Watt to over-pursue this week and we're going to throw lots of screens away from him. We will do well this week and the upcoming weeks, imho.

Go Bills !!

I tend to agree with this, and I think this is not going to be the year, I think next year we will be a more well rounded team under Rex's system.

Tim-

Step one, pay attention.

To which I say Jasksonville & Kansas City.

You have to realize, nearly every near .500 team has blemishes and things to be ashamed about this season. Heck the Jefs can use us an example of look what happened. I know we all like to micro-focus on just us but look at all our opponents losses, there's some sad moments as well (Texans lost by 18 to Miami / Steelers to the Ravens).

I'd like the Bills to beat every team they played but it's just not in the cards. One victory against the Texans puts us ahead of them & we are favored / at home.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Rex knew the importance of the KC game and we actually had a comfortable lead yet somehow we fell apart. The term "taking the foot off the gas pedal" comes to mind.

In the 2nd half of the game and actually right before the half, Rex and his "special" challenge guys didn't challenge the non catch and KC scored. All downhill from there.

I already gave up on the season and will still watch and root for a win, but it will take 3 wins in a row to get my heart pumping in close games again. If we lose to the Texans though, it pretty much takes us out the playoff picture.

The killer for me was the London game and the KC game. Two very winnable games and we just didn't show up.

The analogy I can use with Rex is like the girlfriend of a guy you would wanna have. When Rex was with the Jets, I wanted to have him as our head coach. But now that we have him, we see that it's not a match and the guy dumped her for a reason.

What kind of question is that? Do you even watch the games, bro?

Every single one, bro!

I was wondering the same thing. Really, I'm wondering if he left out some punctuation? Is he asking why we watch as in the reason, or is he asking if we literally watch? That is, should there be a comma after why? Am reading too much into this?

What's unclear about it? He asked if the OP even watched the game, I asked why he bothered, Why bother to watch the game if you're already so sure of the loss? Jesus people, have some kind of freaking hope.

Edited by Tenhigh

This team holds no tie-breakers after KC loss (more importantly after Jax loss)... would need 10 wins to get in. I don't see it happening especially with our o-line injuries. This team was performing slightly above average when healthy, and now they have to play catch-up with added injuries. The upcoming loss to Houston this week will be the nail in the coughin.

It's a shame because this season we got to face the NFC Least... last year we put some blame of the record on our difficult schedule.