Who Has The Biggest Ego In The NFL ??

T master

Although there eis a lot of huge ego's in the NFL there is one player that stands out to me & although i agree he is very talented i could never stand him from the first time i saw his signature move that he planned in college for when he made it to the NFL .

His move is his Superman ripping open his shirt & he is CAM I can't stand the guy ! And now that they are winning it's even worse with his big production end zone dances & such ...

What ever happened to being humble when you score ? Andre never use to dance, Thurmon never danced, Emmit never danced, Rice never danced !

It's all about being a show boat now, the NFL has changes so much . I wish some of todays players would take a lesson from the greats that came before them .

Favre's enthusiasm was totally different than what they do today, today it is a staged well thought out plan of their celebration but when Brett scored he was just happy like a kid would be these guys today are ridiculous !!

And Cam IMHO leads the way with a ridiculous celebration & other antics !!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although there eis a lot of huge ego's in the NFL there is one player that stands out to me & although i agree he is very talented i could never stand him from the first time i saw his signature move that he planned in college for when he made it to the NFL .

His move is his Superman ripping open his shirt & he is CAM I can't stand the guy ! And now that they are winning it's even worse with his big production end zone dances & such ...

What ever happened to being humble when you score ? Andre never use to dance, Thurmon never danced, Emmit never danced, Rice never danced !

It's all about being a show boat now, the NFL has changes so much . I wish some of todays players would take a lesson from the greats that came before them .

Favre's enthusiasm was totally different than what they do today, today it is a staged well thought out plan of their celebration but when Brett scored he was just happy like a kid would be these guys today are ridiculous !!

Football is supposed to be fun! Dance on Cam! Keep on giving footballs to kids too! MVP!

I don't think Cam is really egotistical I just think that he brings a youthfulness to the league and he's winning while he's doing it. Yeah he does the superman thing but and he dances in the end zone but I don't think that necessarily means that he's egotistical. Sometimes the guys who don't do anything at all are the biggest ones with the ego's. I think JJ Watt has one of the biggest ego's actually, O'dell Beckman Jr, Dez Bryant, and Jerry Jones are probably at the top of the list for me.

Rex Ryan, hands down. His continued belief that he is an exceptional coach despite the reality of his record tells me he is a pure egomaniac. I was all for this hire, but that was before I witnessed how his teams perform on a weekly basis.

Rex Ryan, hands down. His continued belief that he is an exceptional coach despite the reality of his record tells me he is a pure egomaniac. I was all for this hire, but that was before I witnessed how his teams perform on a weekly basis.

Yeah you're kinda spot on, I think you'd have to put Rex right up at the top of the list. Good call.

I never really understood why people get so worked up about someone dancing or celebrating a TD. Who cares? If you don't want a guy to dance in the end zone or after a sack or whatever, stop the play!!! Are you a better person because you hand the ball to the official and jog to the sideline instead of posing like Superman and handing the ball to a kid??? Do we not like Fred Jackson anymore because of his showboating "Infredible Hulk" routine??? Is the Gronk spike a problem or is he just having fun? Maybe it is a generational thing (I hope) but it is really misguided IMO. Having fun and celebrating is NOT what is wrong with the NFL. Domestic violence, concussions, etc... are where we should focus our venom.

I never really understood why people get so worked up about someone dancing or celebrating a TD. Who cares? If you don't want a guy to dance in the end zone or after a sack or whatever, stop the play!!! Are you a better person because you hand the ball to the official and jog to the sideline instead of posing like Superman and handing the ball to a kid??? Do we not like Fred Jackson anymore because of his showboating "Infredible Hulk" routine??? Is the Gronk spike a problem or is he just having fun? Maybe it is a generational thing (I hope) but it is really misguided IMO. Having fun and celebrating is NOT what is wrong with the NFL. Domestic violence, concussions, etc... are where we should focus our venom.

Exactly +1

Cam is the biggest ME player on the planet

Why Cam's teammates can't get enough

Why does Cam Newton's persona play so well with the Carolina Panthers? Jeff Darlington finds out from those on the inside -- including one ex-opponent who's done an about-face on the QB.

Panthers safety Roman Harper used to be like the rest of them. Back when Harper played for the rival Saints, during Newton's first three seasons in the NFL, he used to look at the Carolina quarterback with those same rolling eyes adopted by so many more this year.

So yes, he gets it.

Yes, he understands the skepticism and the misperceptions. He understands, for those outside Charlotte who can't decide how to feel about Newton, why a guy like him, seemingly just trying to have some fun, manages to come across the wrong way.

"Before I got here?" Harper said Wednesday. "I didn't know him. But I thought he was selfish. I thought he was all about himself. Things like that. Before I got here, my opinion wasn't that great, either. But that's because I didn't know him."

Maybe not better, but certainly a little more mature. IMO a grown man doing a dance every time he does something he's paid to do is pretty silly. I don't have a problem with it because I don't really care, but also find it hard to understand how another grown man watching the game would get excited about it or think it was 'great'. I always thought the Fred Jackson thing was a little ridiculous for a guy who was supposed to be a leader of men.

Of course, the league penalizing the team and potentially changing the outcome of the game because of such displays is even sillier, although that seems to have become less frequent since the Stevie Johnson days.

I don't think it's necessarily "immature." Although I hate seeing it after anything that's not a touchdown, or a HUGE defensive play. Personally, I just think that's the coolest thing you can do. "Act like you've been there before." As if scoring a touchdown is just something that happens.

cam is a piece of chit , look at me, look at me guy. how all his pre meditated choreographed antics aren't excessive celebration or taunting is beyond me.

then he tries to coverup his image by giving game balls to young fans.

I root against him.

Lotta get off my lawn guys here WRT Cam. People judging the guy as if they know him is beyond hilarious.

Not to mention nobody calls out Aaron Rodgers for his Title belt move. Hmm? What could be different about them. Both players are quarterbacks, so that can't be it. Both are successful, that can't be it. Wow, I'm really scratching my head trying to figure out why someone would call out Cam but not Aaron?

on our team it's LeSean McCoy. i can't really think of anybody else that thinks they are a big shot besides him. Mario seems pretty down to earth for a guy with $100 million.

in the NFL overall i'd say an up and coming egomaniac is Odell Beckham Jr. the guy had a great rookie year don't get me wrong, but he ain't a superstar...yet. 1 season and 1 highlight catch do not a career make. Peyton Manning seems like he secretly has a huge ego. he tries to play Mr. Nice guy but every now and then he slips up and he shows his true colors

on our team it's LeSean McCoy. i can't really think of anybody else that thinks they are a big shot besides him. Mario seems pretty down to earth for a guy with $100 million.

in the NFL overall i'd say an up and coming egomaniac is Odell Beckham Jr. the guy had a great rookie year don't get me wrong, but he ain't a superstar...yet. 1 season and 1 highlight catch do not a career make. Peyton Manning seems like he secretly has a huge ego. he tries to play Mr. Nice guy but every now and then he slips up and he shows his true colors

He has a fridge! Ego-maniac right there!!!

cam was a piece of chit before he got to the NFL.......hasn't changed.

one of the scouting reports on him that came out during the combine pretty much backed this up. it said he was a phony and he put on an act for the media and flashed that smile but behind the scenes he was a piece of you know what and not a leader or team player

one of the scouting reports on him that came out during the combine pretty much backed this up. it said he was a phony and he put on an act for the media and flashed that smile but behind the scenes he was a piece of you know what and not a leader or team player

That scouting report was a :censored: joke! Forget listening to what his Panthers' teammates say when you can bring up some old discredited scouting report. :thumbsup: