Rex Ryan is responsible for:

Beerball

I agree with your statement about Rex, but I think Tyrod has a horrible OC that is limiting his potential.

We heard the same thing about Roman with Kaep. How is Kaep doing without him? Perhaps its the other way around. Roman keeps getting stuck with young, mobile QBs who are limited in what they can do from the pocket and he does the best he can with them.

I like TT's chances to develop more than I do/did Kaep though. TT is making an effort to become a complete QB in a way I never really saw with Kaep.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots were shut out in the fourth quarter, ending their scoring streak of 38 straight quarters. The Elias Sports Bureau notes that this crushed the previous mark of 31, set by both the Rams from 1999 to 2000 and the 2005 Colts.

Some good with the bad.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/111840/by-the-numbers-so-many-streaks-startingstopping-for-patriots-bills

A 15 yard sideline interference penalty.

Poor communication between the sidelines and the field.

A timeout prior to a first down play.

A non-timeout prior to a pats*** touchdown.

(I assume that the inadvertent whistle wasn't open to review because it was a judgement call?)

What am I missing?

That's one game folks.

I see you pointing out a problem, but where is your solution? Whats the right answer? Or is that what you do, just point out flaws of a team youre a "fan" of...

I see you pointing out a problem, but where is your solution? Whats the right answer? Or is that what you do, just point out flaws of a team youre a "fan" of...

Those same problems plagued Rex in NJ so I don't expect them to improve unless he hires someone to manage the game day situations he's bad at, kind of a bench coach to borrow a baseball term.

Read the thread from when he was hired, you'll see a few who pointed out the flaws ahead of time.

What's your suggestion for a "fan" like me? Am I to just sit back and smile like an imbecile because that's how I view you.

Rex needs to be more composed. He's a loose cannon and that lack of leadership and professionalism is spilling onto the field and affecting the players. We already have a serious lack of leadership on this team. Add to that a coach that can fly off the hinges at any moment and it's a recipe for disaster

Those same problems plagued Rex in NJ so I don't expect them to improve unless he hires someone to manage the game day situations he's bad at, kind of a bench coach to borrow a baseball term.

Read the thread from when he was hired, you'll see a few who pointed out the flaws ahead of time.

What's your suggestion for a "fan" like me? Am I to just sit back and smile like an imbecile because that's how I view you.

Im not saying support blindly, but the parade of "this guy sucks, that guy sucks, fire him" - we would not have a player or coach left. Who are you a fan of on this team?

Who was a better option than Rex? They all have flaws.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

Go back one play further. Shady dropping that TD was even worse. It was a good play by the safety but he still should have hauled it in. Shoulda-coulda-woulda been 10-3 Bills.

And I totally agree about Rex's composure. A coach can't be going ballistic on the sidelines. He needs to be the rock.

I'll take Rex's anger on the sidelines over Jauron's (and Marrone's, and Mularkey's) comatose persona on the sidelines.

I'll take Rex's anger on the sidelines over Jauron's (and Marrone's, and Mularkey's) comatose persona on the sidelines.

I can see how it's appealing for fans to see a guy mimic their anger but it is absolutely not helpful in managing a game. Tell me, do people make sound decisions when they are angry? Throwing a tantrum doesn't help your team at all.

damn straight

I can see how it's appealing for fans to see a guy mimic their anger but it is absolutely not helpful in managing a game. Tell me, do people make sound decisions when they are angry? Throwing a tantrum doesn't help your team at all.

True, but a pulse is.

Im not saying support blindly, but the parade of "this guy sucks, that guy sucks, fire him" - we would not have a player or coach left. Who are you a fan of on this team?

Who was a better option than Rex? They all have flaws.

becore questioning my "fandomness" why don't you search out a few of my posts and your questions will be answered. At this point you are Imo coming across as a complete ass.

damn straight

True, but a pulse is.

Yeah, I dont disagree. But there is a line. Be passionate but in control, the same thing you want from your players. Throwing down your headset is like a 10 year old throwing is gaming controler across the room because he cant beat a level.

becore questioning my "fandomness" why don't you search out a few of my posts and your questions will be answered. At this point you are Imo coming across as a complete ass.

I am glad you said complete ass! I would hate to half ass it like old rex and the rest of the tirefire buffalo team.

Read old posts? Come on... I dont care that much about your opinion to do research on a tbd poster. Keep bashing away. I wont interfere. Standing up for players or coaches is frowned upon here.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

I am glad you said complete ass! I would hate to half ass it like old rex and the rest of the tirefire buffalo team.

Read old posts? Come on... I dont care that much about your opinion to do research on a tbd poster. Keep bashing away. I wont interfere. Standing up for players or coaches is frowned upon here.

Keep bashing away? I believe you delivered the first blow.

I didn't realize we had so many fair weather fans! When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad.

Laughable how some of you think.

Fair weather? I'm 97 and have been a fan of this team for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. All I want is one before I keel over.

I didn't realize we had so many fair weather fans! When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad.

I don't think anybody can ever accuse a Bills fan of being "fair weather." It's always raining on the Bills.

I don't know that I've ever seen a worse 2 minute drill. 5 yard passes to the middle of the field with no timeouts -- at least McCoy had the good sense to drop one of them. Confused hands to the earholes of the helmet looks from Tyrod as he waits for Roman to call the SECOND PLAY of the series.

And then go back to the start of the last possession where they blew a timeout because they had 10 players on the field AT THE START OF A POSSESSION. It's almost as if they wasted the 10 day layoff by not practicing or even watching film and going over plays/sets. Oh, wait a minute. That's because they didn't -- boys, you beat my Jets, take 5 days off, that was my personal Super Bowl!

Good teams in the 2 min drill have 2 plays called in at once! We arent a good team.

No one is fair weather. We suck and still sell out and have a rabid fan base. Miami metro constitutes fair weather or even worse. Sometimes they can be winning and still have crap.

Good teams in the 2 min drill have 2 plays called in at once! We arent a good team.

No one is fair weather. We suck and still sell out and have a rabid fan base. Miami metro constitutes fair weather or even worse. Sometimes they can be winning and still have crap.

Fair weather isn't the right term. Bipolar is more suited I think.

I was really impressed with his defensive scheming last night. That was the worst Brady has looked since KC loss last year. He has a rookie QB, and needs another WR. We'll get there.

It just takes time. Will the OP hate Rex if we win 5 of the next 6, go to the playoffs, and maybe even win a game. We need to be the 5th seed so we face the Colts or Texans.

That can at least get us to round 2. That will be the Pats or the Bengals. Not very hopeful there, but it would make my world if we beat the Pats in Foxboro in January. I don't even care if we lose to the Bengals in the Championship. It still would be an amazing year. Besides, lets say all of that came true, there is no way we beat the Cardinals, Panthers, or Seahawks in the SB.

It just takes time. Will the OP hate Rex if we win 5 of the next 6, go to the playoffs, and maybe even win a game. We need to be the 5th seed so we face the Colts or Texans.

I don't hate now. I regret his shortcomings and I don't know that he can overcome them because they aren't anything new. I really wasn't kidding earlier when I said Rex needs a bench coach to handle the "mundane" in game day stuff that he isn't very good at.

And the thread should be closed... there is nothing else to say

Actually the thing to say is what I've already said once or twice...that would be true if he was a defensive coordinator. He's not that, he is a head coach.