The Chiefs

TPS

I can't see how they can score on us. I'm sure they will somehow, but it will be because of some screwup on our side. They have no weapons to fear, other than maybe Kelce. But we shut down Gronkowski who is miles better.

Having said that, it will be tough for us to score too. Can not turn the ball over. At all costs. That is the key. More so this game than any other. Punt on 3rd down if you have to..lol

Edited by QB Bills

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My keys to the game: win turnover battle, out rush the Chiefs, win time of possession battle.

We certainly have to win the turnover battle. Even though the Chiefs have generally been tough to run on the Hackett / Marrone offense managed to do it - twice. Last year in a year where our run game was largely anaemic we went for 177 with Boobie gaining 62 yards on 9 carries at an average of 6.9 ypa. We have to be able to run on them again but this game will come down to explosive plays. Neither offense is going to move the chains with that much regularity - therefore it comes down to who can hit one or two big offensive plays (be they long runs or passes) and who can take the ball away.

It's far from absurd.

its redonkulous (significantly more absurd than ridiculous to an almost impossible extreme; without possibility of serious consideration.)

Remind us again how many games or QTR's did he go w/o throwing a TD pass to a WR.

That stat dates back to last season

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24824824/nfl-grades-week-12-alex-smith-still-hasnt-thrown-td-pass-to-wr-in-2014

Pre Season game -

There wasn't too much excitement in either one; perhaps the biggest news was that Alex Smith finally threw a touchdown to a wide receiver. Smith connected on a 3-yard pass to Jeremy Maclin, which was his first touchdown to a wideout in 594 days. The funny part about the play is that Maclin actually lined up in the backfield, but it still counts.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4653229-nfl-preseason-week-2-chiefs-seahawks-falcons-jets-highlights

People have short term memory. It was just 4 games ago they were on a 5 game losing streak.

During which they played the Broncos, Packers, Vikings, and Bengals to be fair. They did lose to Chicago though. I think this game really is a coin flip. A lot of it comes down to if Taylor is healthy.

He's unbelievable. Hasn't thrown an interception in quite a few games. He put Peyton Manning to shame a couple weeks ago. Has many weapons to choose from.

He doesn't turn it over a lot I will grant you. But as for "unbelievable" we can't be talking about the same Alex Smith can we?

During which they played the Broncos, Packers, Vikings, and Bengals to be fair. They did lose to Chicago though. I think this game really is a coin flip. A lot of it comes down to if Taylor is healthy.

True. I was just pointing out that they aren't 4-0. They started out 1-5 and are now 5-5. They will burn out eventually or else it will be one of the best comebacks to make the playoffs in awhile.

Correct. Alex Smith doesn't tear teams up. He is not an MVP candidate. I'd be surprised if he got a single vote. He is the best game manager Quarterback out there and I wouldn't have laughed at that. But MVP? No chance in hell.

He won't do well, should be fun to watch if this defense plays even 1/2 as good as it did against the Pats.

If the Bills are to win this they need to build on the things they did well against Pats. The defense finally looked like we had been hoping for all along.

Excepting a couple errors. I HATE missed tackles!!

But the offense has not found any passing rhythm yet. and now with TT's throwing arm dicked up?? Buffalo Bills got a tough game against Reid.

The Bills should be able to use the exact same defensive game plan for the Chiefs that they used for the Pats**. Take away the TE, bring pressure from all angles, and sit on short routes. Smith can only throw the ball 10 yds down the field for cripes sake

I'll be shocked if the Chiefs lose another game this season.

KC's 4 game streak includes wins against the Steelers with Landry Jones, the Lions in London playing with no life, the Broncos with multiple gifts from Peyton Manning, and the injury decimated Chargers. Forgive me if I'm just not that impressed.