The Brock Osweiler Era begins in Denver

YoloinOhio

@MikeSilver: How sold are Broncos on Osweiler? Source says Elway called teams offering him in trade during 2014 season. Would have taken a 6. @nflnetwork

Hah, well that was last year after all. Dude has been sitting behind Manning for quite some time now. Hopefully he's learned a few things.

Hah, well that was last year after all. Dude has been sitting behind Manning for quite some time now. Hopefully he's learned a few things.

Odds are he isn't the guy, but you never know.

Why in the world would you hope for an AFC qb to become the guy for their team?

manning was 38 or 39 last year so if they thought highly of Osweiler I doubt they would have let him go for a late round pick. They knew they would need to replace Peyton in the short term. Maybe he's as good as they are now pumping him up to be. Or maybe they knew he wasn't very good and tried to sign TT. Who knows.

Odds are he isn't the guy, but you never know.

Why in the world would you hope for an AFC qb to become the guy for their team?

Heh, maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way. I meant more like, you would hope a guy sitting behind Manning for all that time would have learned a few things. The thought that they were looking to trade him for a 6th last year doesn't mean all that much now but it does indicate that he probably isn't going to be the guy. I certainly would not mind Brocky taking the team to a 7-9 record.

If he really has a plantar problem and a ribs problem, they are better off giving him a month and they get to see what they have in Ossy. They probably know they won't make the SB.

For his sake, I hope he plays well, and hope Peyton can come back completely healthy and maybe show us one last show on turf. It would be great to see the Old Peyton go against Brady in a shoot out. It will be the last one.

Denver fans are such nasty, miserable pricks about Manning that I won't be too upset WHEN the Pats* (fresh off being embarrassed at home on MNF by the upstart Bills) totally rip them and their "OZ" apart in prime time.

Seriously. It's like Manning personally insulted them by being old and getting hurt.

It wasn't spectacular, but it was better than Manning's been for over a calendar year now. Osweiler was kind of a really tall Tyrod out there -- no INTs, no big mistakes, took a couple too many sacks but showed good mobility, threw a really nice long ball and zipped a couple key passes into tight coverage, and most of all, won the game. His first start, but he didn't look like a rookie. It's almost as if he learned something sitting for 3.5 years. Where have we seen this before?

Tyrod/Brock -- so different, so much the same ...