Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

...nice neighbors.....

Mexico's annual homicide count on pace to be highest in decades as nearly 100 killed daily

By Greg Norman | Fox News

The homicide count in Mexico is on pace to reach its highest overall annual total since the country’s government started keeping track in 1997, with new statistics showing nearly 100 people are killed each day.

Figures from Mexico’s Secretary General of National Public Safety state that there have been 29,414 homicides there so far in 2019 – up from 28,869 over the same period last year.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-homicide-count-gang-violence

WHERE ARE THE EXPLODING HEADS? 

Barack Obama Started the ‘Fake University’ ICE Sting Liberals Are so Outraged About.

It didn't take long for snowflakes on the left to express their outrage over the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's "fake university" sting operation which saw 90 students arrested this past week for immigration violations. Like clockwork, liberals took to Twitter in order to condemn the sting operation and the man they thought was responsible for it, Donald Trump.

Except it wasn't Trump who started the sting operation. It started in 2015—under Barack Obama.

• Like (+1) 2

‘Party of Five’ gets a woke reboot for 2020

“Party of Five,” the 90s era drama about five children whose parents are killed in a car accident, is getting a very woke reboot for 2020. . .

In the new version, ICE deports the parents.

“A story ripped from the headlines”

?

• Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

LAX IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT IS KILLING AMERICANS

Daniel Horowitz has reviewed ICE’s brand new comprehensive enforcement and removal operations report. ICE reported that it issued detainers on criminal aliens in fiscal year 2019 who were collectively charged with 2,500 murders. To put that in perspective, albeit via an imperfect comparison, Horowitz says that law enforcement agencies only arrested 9,049 individuals in total for homicide in 2018.

This source places the total number of murder arrests in 2018 at a slightly higher number — 11,970. Either way, it’s clear that illegal aliens make up a shockingly high percentage of those arrested for homicide.

Horowitz acknowledges that some of those for whom a detainer issued in fiscal year 2019 might have been legal immigrants who were convicted of murder a while ago. But “the bulk of them,” he adds are “front-end detainers on illegal aliens who have just recently been charged with murder.”

Horowitz also notes that most illegal immigrants live in sanctuary jurisdictions where law enforcement doesn’t cooperate with ICE. Thus, there are many crimes, including murders, committed by illegal aliens that don’t result in detainers. California, for example, is home to by far the most illegal immigrants of any state in America. Yet, ICE only apprehended a fraction of the number of criminals they caught in Texas.

Thus, but for sanctuary jurisdictions, illegal immigrants would make up an even larger percentage of homicide arrests in the U.S.

The bottom line is that an alarming percentage of murders in America are committed by people who are here illegally. These are murders that we could prevent in many cases if we effectively enforced our immigration laws, e.g., by beefing up ICE and stepping up expedited removals.

Unfortunately, Democrats (and some Republicans) are dead set against such measures and against effective immigration enforcement generally.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Licenses do not make roads safer.  

And, having just come from that segment of DHS, they're right.  This is going to be used as a legal shield by human traffickers.  It's also a violation of the Real ID Act of 2005, and all NYS drivers' licenses should be invalidated for any federal use (including flying) because of it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And, having just come from that segment of DHS, they're right.  This is going to be used as a legal shield by human traffickers.  It's also a violation of the Real ID Act of 2005, and all NYS drivers' licenses should be invalidated for any federal use (including flying) because of it.

Gee, I wonder if they can be used as I.D. for purposes of registering to vote? 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It is very difficult to get a Real ID or Enhanced Driver License  (been there done that)

New York State DMV began issuing REAL ID licenses, permits, and ID cards on October 30, 2017 
You can get a REAL ID at any time, but you will need to go to a DMV Office. You cannot get a REAL ID online, by phone, or through mail. 

You MUST bring to the office the following original or certified proof documents:

Proof of identity, such as valid license, birth certificate or passport, with your full first, middle (if applicable) and last name. This name, as it appears on your proof of identity, will be displayed on your card as required by federal law.

Proof of Social Security Number or Social Security Number ineligibility.  If you have a valid NY license, permit or ID card, you must bring your original social security card or W-2 with full SSN.  If you do not have a New York State driver license or identification card, you must bring your Social Security Card or a letter from the Social Security Administration proving your ineligibility to have a social security number.  If you lost your Social Security Card, you must get a duplicate before you come to the DMV. The Social Security Administration website has more information on obtaining a duplicate card. 

Proof of your date of birth.

Proof of U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residency or temporary lawful status in the U.S.

Two different proofs of New York State residence such as utility bill, bank statement or mortgage statement (P.O. Box not acceptable). This address will be displayed on your card. 

If the name on your license, permit, or non-driver ID application does not match the name on your identity, lawful status, and social security proofs you must bring in court or government issued proof(s) documenting the event(s) causing your name change(s) such as a marriage license(s), divorce decree(s), adoption, or court order document(s). 

The application process also requires the DMV to take a new photo. 

Complete this guide to find out exactly what proof documents are needed before going to an office.

https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/federal-real-id

A regular drivers license is just taking a written exam and passing the road test . To drive legal , safety inspec,  registration , and insurance.

44 minutes ago, ALF said:

It is very difficult to get a Real ID or Enhanced Driver License  (been there done that)

New York State DMV began issuing REAL ID licenses, permits, and ID cards on October 30, 2017 
You can get a REAL ID at any time, but you will need to go to a DMV Office. You cannot get a REAL ID online, by phone, or through mail. 

You MUST bring to the office the following original or certified proof documents:

Proof of identity, such as valid license, birth certificate or passport, with your full first, middle (if applicable) and last name. This name, as it appears on your proof of identity, will be displayed on your card as required by federal law.

Proof of Social Security Number or Social Security Number ineligibility.  If you have a valid NY license, permit or ID card, you must bring your original social security card or W-2 with full SSN.  If you do not have a New York State driver license or identification card, you must bring your Social Security Card or a letter from the Social Security Administration proving your ineligibility to have a social security number.  If you lost your Social Security Card, you must get a duplicate before you come to the DMV. The Social Security Administration website has more information on obtaining a duplicate card. 

Proof of your date of birth.

Proof of U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residency or temporary lawful status in the U.S.

Two different proofs of New York State residence such as utility bill, bank statement or mortgage statement (P.O. Box not acceptable). This address will be displayed on your card. 

If the name on your license, permit, or non-driver ID application does not match the name on your identity, lawful status, and social security proofs you must bring in court or government issued proof(s) documenting the event(s) causing your name change(s) such as a marriage license(s), divorce decree(s), adoption, or court order document(s). 

The application process also requires the DMV to take a new photo. 

Complete this guide to find out exactly what proof documents are needed before going to an office.

https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/federal-real-id

A regular drivers license is just taking a written exam and passing the road test . To drive legal , safety inspec,  registration , and insurance.

question.. can you, as an illegal immigrant in, oh say.... Mexico, get a drivers license? 

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that you misread my post. it had absolutely nothing to do with having a Mexican drivers license in the US.

I thought the subject was illegal aliens getting drivers license in the NY

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

question.. can you, as an illegal immigrant in, oh say.... Mexico, get a drivers license? 

...probably my usual dumb senior moment question (have to uphold my reputation), but why did both sets of my late, immigrant grandparents have to come through Ellis Island the "old way"?...how did they COMBINED raise 13 children with NO EBT cards, food stamps or guberment cheese?........what did I miss?..............

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably my usual dumb senior moment question (have to uphold my reputation), but why did both sets of my late, immigrant grandparents have to come through Ellis Island the "old way"?...how did they COMBINED raise 13 children with NO EBT cards, food stamps or guberment cheese?........what did I miss?..............

Be careful what you admit to here. It may be used against you when the new "Reparations For Immigrants" law gets passed. 

Edit: I was sadly mistaken. Your grandparents were legal immigrants. The new law only pertains to illegal immigrants, formerly called illegal aliens.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Be careful what you admit to here. It may be used against you when the new "Reparations For Immigrants" law gets passed. 

Edit: I was sadly mistaken. Your grandparents were legal immigrants. The new law only pertains to illegal immigrants, formerly called illegal aliens.

...I fear to tell you what I get fleeced for annually in Federal income taxes (NYS is just as bad) without you having an AED machine nearby......cannot do that to one of my buds here......:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Because they were foolish enough to have a strong work ethic, trying to raise a family without full taxpayer funding. The schmucks.

It's all the rage to illegally enter a foreign country, demand full rights, immediate citizenship, and to be suckled by the public teet, without actually having to contribute.

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Because they were foolish enough to have a strong work ethic, trying to raise a family without full taxpayer funding. The schmucks.

It's all the rage to illegally enter a foreign country, demand full rights, immediate citizenship, and to be suckled by the public teet, without actually having to contribute.

....reprehensible that we NOW took the bait hook, line & sinker versus then......with ZERO changes in the laws....just break 'em.....and you wonder why I never attend ANY family gatherings with my "dyed in the wool Dems...CNN is Gospel extended family".......they loathe me as a conservative and go into attack mode......heartless no good SOB bastard that I am.....I pay more in effin' taxes than most of them earn.....'effed up?...naw...no way.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I would guess it's an important theological question that many, many, many people would care about.

I disagree. Seems more like it's a political question, and theology is just the window dressing. Like Trump being a good christian, just stupid! How the hell does that pass the smell test? ?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I would guess it's an important theological question that many, many, many people would care about.

I'm sure you're familiar with the theological paradox of whether God could create a boulder so heavy that even He could not move it

I propose a similar PPP paradox, can Tibs post something so stupid even he thinks he's a moron

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city’s state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

“I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, Tiberius said:

I disagree. Seems more like it's a political question, and theology is just the window dressing. Like Trump being a good christian, just stupid! How the hell does that pass the smell test? ?

...why we should just ask Nancy, the "practicing Catholic"......

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city’s state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

“I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

</snip>

Well, it certainly can't be due to any enhancement of physical barriers. We've been told for years that walls don't work.

This must be due to some Obama-era policy. Thanks Obama!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She is more of a Christian than Trump, that's for sure.  

Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. — Matthew 7:1-2. Is it Christian to laugh at the deaths of your fellow countrymen?