Report - Rob Ryan to be fired in NOLA

YoloinOhio

@alexmarvez: Two sources tell @NFLonFOX that @Saints are firing DC Rob Ryan after latest defensive woes Sunday v @Redskins

If you saw any of the Saints / Redskins game this weekend, you would know that was the final straw and that Ryan can not be on the sideline this coming week. I don't think I have ever seen a defensive unit seem to care less about hitting to tackling. It was embarrassing. They made the Skins look like an offensive power.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you saw any of the Saints / Redskins game this weekend, you would know that was the final straw and that Ryan can not be on the sideline this coming week. I don't think I have ever seen a defensive unit seem to care less about hitting to tackling. It was embarrassing. They made the Skins look like an offensive power.

He won't be. It's their bye week.

HELL NO!!!! Rob Ryan is totally and utterly incompetent. I would take Pettine back in a second to run the defense but I don't want Rob Ryan within 5 hours of Orchard Park.t just

lol this place would be like a frat house at that point. Rex, Rob, Whaley, Roman all in the hot tub scheming together. That could be a reality show.

Pettine sucks...

he's great at breaking down film and is very detail oriented. i think him and Rex working together would be great because they balance each other out. Rex seems like kind of a scatter brain and Pettine keeps him in line

HELL NO!!!! Rob Ryan is totally and utterly incompetent. I would take Pettine back in a second to run the defense but I don't want Rob Ryan within 5 hours of Orchard Park.

I'm not being sarcastic by why would anyone hire him? He has made the rounds so there is no surprise as to what his capabilities are. Did Payton have a previous connection to him? When are HCs going to learn that the crony approach to hiring does more to undercut the person doing the hiring than enhance the odds of success for the HC.

Ultimately talent prevails over schemes. But in this case even when it is acknowledged that the Saints lacked talent on the defensive side of the ball it was apparent that the players lacked effort and resolve. They simply didn't care. That is a coaching issue that includes not only the DC but also the HC.

You are familiar with the New Orleans scene. I get the impression that Payton has lost interest and passion for his job. Does my impression have any merit to it? Sometimes a change of scenery and a break can reinvigorate someone when their tank is empty.

I'm not being sarcastic by why would anyone hire him? He has made the rounds so there is no surprise as to what his capabilities are. Did Payton have a previous connection to him? When are HCs going to learn that the crony approach to hiring does more to undercut the person doing the hiring than enhance the odds of success for the HC.

Ultimately talent prevails over schemes. But in this case even when it is acknowledged that the Saints lacked talent on the defensive side of the ball it was apparent that the players lacked effort and resolve. They simply didn't care. That is a coaching issue that includes not only the DC but also the HC.

You are familiar with the New Orleans scene. I get the impression that Payton has lost interest and passion for his job. Does my impression have any merit to it? Sometimes a change of scenery and a break can reinvigorate someone when their tank is empty.

He actually did a decent job his 1st year. He took over an awful defense and made them respectable. Since then it has been an abomination to say the least. He is as bad as his job as virtually anyone in the league is at theirs.

I am not sure if Payton has lost passion or if they are just not very good. They have made some bad FA moves to go with poor drafts (although they got 2 good defensive players last year). Their cap situation is awful and Brees is in his late 30's. They are in purgatory. I would not at all be surprised to see Payton go to Dallas.

HELL NO!!!! Rob Ryan is totally and utterly incompetent. I would take Pettine back in a second to run the defense but I don't want Rob Ryan within 5 hours of Orchard Park.

Totally and utterly incompetent. Those are strong words. Let's break them down:

Totally - Completely, absolutely, without exemption, wholly, entirely

Incompetent - lack qualification and ability, incapable, mentally deficient

So you're telling me Rob Ryan is ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT EXEMPTION, INCAPABLE AND MENTALLY DEFICIENT AT BEING A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR?

Look, I get that he just did really bad with the Saints, and he's been up and down in the past, but let's have some logical discussion here. Is there anybody else on this board who prefers logical discussion rather than the emotional discussion up top?

What gets me is that we've been taught a million times to not get hysterical. Stop and think it over. Yet people constantly get hysteria and follow the crowd. Remember last year when Andy Dalton was the most mediocre QB of all time? Please don't ever play the stock market. I'm just looking out for you. It's Monday. I'd forgive you if it was Sunday and you were still drunk, but not on Monday.

Totally and utterly incompetent. Those are strong words. Let's break them down:

Totally - Completely, absolutely, without exemption, wholly, entirely

Incompetent - lack qualification and ability, incapable, mentally deficient

So you're telling me Rob Ryan is ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT EXEMPTION, INCAPABLE AND MENTALLY DEFICIENT AT BEING A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR?

Look, I get that he just did really bad with the Saints, and he's been up and down in the past, but let's have some logical discussion here. Is there anybody else on this board who prefers logical discussion rather than the emotional discussion up top?

What gets me is that we've been taught a million times to not get hysterical. Stop and think it over. Yet people constantly get hysteria and follow the crowd. Remember last year when Andy Dalton was the most mediocre QB of all time? Please don't ever play the stock market. I'm just looking out for you. It's Monday. I'd forgive you if it was Sunday and you were still drunk, but not on Monday.

I live in New Orleans and have seen virtually every snap of his defense since he arrived. He is as bad at his job as anyone in the NFL is at theirs. This isn't some emotional outburst. To be honest I could really care less about the Saints but the defense is awful. They are on pace to be THE worst of all-time. There is no hyperbole in any of that. It is a fact and his scheme plays a huge role in that.

For what's it's worth I am not the 1st to say "utterly incompetent" to describe the defense and Ryan: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/nfl-morning-after-rob-ryan-and-the-worst-pass-defense-ever/

Edited by Kirby Jackson