Report - Rob Ryan to be fired in NOLA

YoloinOhio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No amount of coaching can fix their current personnel.

In the secondary they have Byrd, Browner and Vaccaro. They are 3 guys who have shown in the past at least some ability to play in this league. I am not saying they are all-pros but they are not covering anyone back there at the moment.

In the secondary they have Byrd, Browner and Vaccaro. They are 3 guys who have shown in the past at least some ability to play in this league. I am not saying they are all-pros but they are not covering anyone back there at the moment.

...and Keenan Lewis just went out and he is by far the best player in the secondary. Delvin Breaux has been pretty good as well. Edited by Kirby Jackson

...and Keenan Lewis just went out and he is by far the best player in the secondary. Delvin Breaux has been pretty good as well.

Indeed. I was going to mention Lewis couldn't remember his name. People can criticise the talent if they like... and the defense is not exactly stacked - but those guys should be better than they have been.

Can't say it's really a surprise...Ryan just isn't the great defensive mind his father and brother are...he is kinda like the Fvck Up of the family...

In his career his defenses have ranked 22nd or lower 8 out of his 12 seasons, including 30th or lower 4 times. He had 2 seasons where they were middle of the pack and 2 really good seasons where they ranked 3rd and 4th...

He does a much better job with pass defense as they have ranked in the top 10 7 times, including a 1st and pair of 2nd place finishes, but his run defenses with few exceptions have been awful. His teams also don't take away the ball very much, ranking no higher than 13th in the NFL in takeaways in any season, with most in the mid 20s or lower...

All in all a very average DC if not below average who has lived on his Father and Brother's name all these years...

Contrast this with Rex---his defenses have finished in the top 10 in 9 of his 10 seasons, including 1st twice and 2nd once. The other season his defense finished 11th. Currently, the Bills are on pace to be the worst defense Rex has ever coached as they are ranked 17th right now...

Edited by matter2003

Schopp yesterday, after the rumors of Rob being fired were swirling but the Saints had denied it so far, asked Rex what he thought about it. Rex, in his inimitable style, said something to the effect of, "Well, my defenses have never been that bad. Just kidding... Not really, mine have never been that bad." Shopp and Bulldog couldn't stop laughing. It was pretty funny.