My hatred for the Pats is real

Virgil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After every Patriots win I have to endure the Facebook gloating of friends. One guy absolutely lost his sh#t when I said the Giants gave them the game. Every one of their fans are insufferable d-bags who think greatness is owed to them.

Yes! I moved up here 20 years ago and they had no fans. Now all of a sudden all these super fans pop up. Entitled whiny fans

I am utterly convinced that Brady has made a pact with the devil. Satan gathers all the hate we project toward Brady and turns it into even greater fame, fortune, success and incredible wins. In other words, the more we hate him, the better he gets and the more "luck" goes his way.

Well, at least that's how it seems to work... otherwise I have no explanation.

Going to be a rough week on TSW listening to all the Pats haters whine in resignation about how impossible it is to beat the Patriots.

If Rex had his head out of his ass in the first game they could have beaten them then.

Note to Rex.....press man and widen your front to spread out their battered OL and hit Brady

Play with poise and win going away.

Agreed 100%. I can't understand how anyone would want them to lose today and have them be extra pissed next Monday. They are so much more primed for a loss being that they won. They weren't losing two in a row.

As if they are going to take it easy on us because they won???? Man, this team really is in our heads.

I probably get more into Pats* games then I do Bills games just because I love to see them lose.

That's utterly preposterous.

As if they are going to take it easy on us because they won???? Man, this team really is in our heads.

No but the law of averages would dictate that they would be less likely to lose against us if they just lost to the Giants. We can agree to disagree on that point.

I can never support the Pats to win. Ever!

And they play the game on the field, not on the "law of averages". Win or lose, they will be ready. The Pats don't ever forget to "show up".

Now, Edelman being out.....

I enjoy football a lot less than I used to, that's for sure.

The 49ers ended. The Cowboys ended.

They just go on forever.

My wife asked me today why I watch less and less football each year. The horrible officiating is killing the game for me. Did anyone else see this play? To his credit, the ref in the back of the endzone consulted with the other ref and the TD was correctly called. But he was standing right there -- Dirt was kicked up inbounds. He's standing five feet away looking RIGHT AT Harris' feet and he can't make the correct call. Far too many phantom PI and other calls have influenced outcomes of games for me to care about anyone other than the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000580452/Giants-Eli-Manning-to-Dwayne-Harris-for-1-yard-TD

Edited by Felonious Monk

My Pats friend keeps on about how great their system is. If it was truly a great system, why haven't other teams emulated it? No NFL team has ever had a run this long, especially running on replacement parts all the time. It just smells bad.

Mark my words, when Brady eventually retires, only the NE fans will shout his praises. Kind of like Barry Bonds. He will never be admired by all, like Unitas, Montana, Tark, Staubach, Broadway Joe, or Jim Kelly and Dan Marino. Those guys would beat you. You would hate them while they played, but they would have their day and you would admire what they did. Not so with Brady. The hate will continue.

My wife asked me today why I watch less and less football each year. The horrible officiating is killing the game for me. Did anyone else see this play? To his credit, the ref in the back of the endzone consulted with the other ref and the TD was correctly called. But he was standing right there -- Dirt was kicked up inbounds. He's standing five feet away looking RIGHT AT Harris' feet and he can't make the correct call. Far too many phantom PI and other calls have influenced outcomes of games for me to care about anyone other than the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000580452/Giants-Eli-Manning-to-Dwayne-Harris-for-1-yard-TD

I think the OBJ call may have been a bad call, meaning only that to overturn it was a bad call. But I have always thought that it's somewhat asking a lot for a ref to determine whether or not a 6'+ WR catches the ball above his head, retains complete control, AND drags his toes in bounds all at the same time. If you're looking at his hands it's sometimes hard to also see his toes.

Because he was looking right at Harris' feet, so he didn't know of Harris had control of the ball. The other official was watching the ball, but not Harris' feet. So they conferred and got it right.

That's actually how the officiating is supposed to work.

That's utterly preposterous.

No but the law of averages would dictate that they would be less likely to lose against us if they just lost to the Giants. We can agree to disagree on that point.

There is no such thing as the "law of averages."

My Pats friend keeps on about how great their system is.

If Brady gets hurt they're done. He is their "system."

And as good as he is, there has always been something aiding him in his success.

They cheat... forever I will believe that. Nothing will convince me otherwise, nothing.

I am utterly convinced that Brady has made a pact with the devil. Satan gathers all the hate we project toward Brady and turns it into even greater fame, fortune, success and incredible wins. In other words, the more we hate him, the better he gets and the more "luck" goes his way.

Well, at least that's how it seems to work... otherwise I have no explanation.

That may be the most logical explanation if read yet.

Because he was looking right at Harris' feet, so he didn't know of Harris had control of the ball. The other official was watching the ball, but not Harris' feet. So they conferred and got it right.

That's actually how the officiating is supposed to work.

We both acknowledge he was looking at his feet. Based on that, the ref in question started waving an "incomplete" sign before conferring with the other ref. I know you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty open and shut. Looking at feet. Starts waving incomplete. Was about to blow the call because he didn't think he was inbounds. A competent NFL official doesn't "almost" blow that call imo.

Edited by Felonious Monk