Karlos Williams vs Todd Gurley

JPicc2114

He's geeat in the change of pace role. Like his junior year at FSU he average 8.0 ypc. Just gashing defenses. He wasn't as productive as a lead back, his average went down to 4.6 his senior year. I think he is in a good situation, a good fit in G-Ro's scheme and a very nice compliment to Shady.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get too high on Williams. He's one concussion away from the end of a career.

Oh my god what a lame thing to say.

Uh ok, i'll go tell my kids not to like karlos too much. Where are those posters they made up for the game, i'm burning them.

Seriously. Way to end the party Kemp.

Don't you dare jinx the deranged rhino.

Sorry to inject reality, but he has had multiple concussions and the last one was a pretty bad one.

I am not saying you shouldn't root for him or enjoy his immense abilities, but with his history and running style his chances of lasting very long are very remote.

No one knows on the concussions. The whole point of a change of pace RB is he won't get more than 12 carries a game and thus limits his concussion chances.

It si so much fun watching both of these guys. If we can do this against the #1 running defense, the next several games should be fun.

You know Belicheck's #1 thing to take away is the running game. He will do everything he can to stymie these guys. With that emphasis, can Clay, and Watkins torch the Pats?

Can we finally learn from our mistakes and play press right at the LOS against those WR, and Gronk? If I see Gilmore playing 10 yards off again on MNF, I'm throwing a can right through my TV.

Knoick these guys around and take some chances. Brady won't be as good if he has to have the ball in his hands for 5 seconds.

not sure about Gurley, but he definitely looks better than Melvin Gordon thus far and SD traded up in the first to get him. I believe they spent three draft picks in him.Certainly you can't close the book on a rook halfway through their 1st season but it's not encouraging how Gordon has struggled early on. Considering SD has had a monster passing game and that should theoretically open up a lot for him. He just can't hit the hole, way too hesitant, seems to lack vision. He's already been benched at least once. I always thought RBs usually "bite as pups," so not a good sign.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I love having Karlos and Shady. Something KW will hopefully improve on though is the short yardage situations. At least twice vs the Jets, he ended up kind of falling backwards at the line of scrimmage and not getting the yard or 2 we needed. Maybe concern about another concussion?

I love having Karlos and Shady. Something KW will hopefully improve on though is the short yardage situations. At least twice vs the Jets, he ended up kind of falling backwards at the line of scrimmage and not getting the yard or 2 we needed. Maybe concern about another concussion?

it could still be "rawness" at the position. It seems like the coaches try to put him in position to take advantage of his skill set most of the time - I agree that he should be able to power through on short yardage at his size. Could be his height and upright style? Sometimes shorter power backs (bowling ball types) have more leverage in short yardage. Edited by YoloinOhio

it could still be "rawness" at the position. It seems like the coaches try to put him in position to take advantage of his skill set most of the time - I agree that he should be able to power through on short yardage at his size. Could be his height and upright style? Sometimes shorter power backs (bowling ball types) have more leverage in short yardage.

Good point. He kind of reminds me of Antowaine Smith (I'm probably butchering it but I know it was spelled weird).. Tall and upright, but real good once he got some steam and leverage.

Sorry to inject reality, but he has had multiple concussions and the last one was a pretty bad one.

I am not saying you shouldn't root for him or enjoy his immense abilities, but with his history and running style his chances of lasting very long are very remote.

I feel that Kemp has a point....sort of

It is not that we cannot love our 5th round pick who is playing so well....its that I hope the bills dont like it so much that they push him into more extensive action.

The way things sit.....Karlos makes a great change of pace back who is producing great.....but you have to keep his carries down.

Also....ANYTHING that can be done to keep the chances of another concussion should be done whatever that might be.

When my son played football I didnt let him play with a regular school helmet I special ordered and paid a lot for a helmet that reduced the chance of concussions and was more aerodynamic......he just played too and used his head too damn much. Never had a concussion that I am aware of but Karlos has had several......we gotta monitor his carries......

I feel that Kemp has a point....sort of

It is not that we cannot love our 5th round pick who is playing so well....its that I hope the bills dont like it so much that they push him into more extensive action.

The way things sit.....Karlos makes a great change of pace back who is producing great.....but you have to keep his carries down.

Also....ANYTHING that can be done to keep the chances of another concussion should be done whatever that might be.

When my son played football I didnt let him play with a regular school helmet I special ordered and paid a lot for a helmet that reduced the chance of concussions and was more aerodynamic......he just played too and used his head too damn much. Never had a concussion that I am aware of but Karlos has had several......we gotta monitor his carries......

Yep, and the other side if this is that Karlos getting carries helps keep Shady fresh. They compliment each other perfectly. Its a nice dynamic and one I hope they keep for a few more years.