Refugee Crisis in Europe

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You're not arguing in favor of immigration.  You're arguing for the elimination of immigration by eradicating the concept of sovereignty.  :rolleyes:

No ****

Which happens with more immigration and globalization which is not going in reverse

Whats your point

We should stop globalization ?

Cats outta the bag

49 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

No ****

Which happens with more immigration and globalization which is not going in reverse

Whats your point

We should stop globalization ?

Cats outta the bag

Again, do you understand why there are different countries?

4 hours ago, westerndecline said:

What is so hilarious

If we countries were states tied to universal human rights

Now ppl can move to japan or egypt or france and start a new business or whatever

A global tax would improve and equalize/ incentivize a world community

I dont get this fear of immigrants

Not many libertarians are in favor of a global tax.

But I'm sure your thought process reconciling that is sound.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Again, do you understand why there are different countries?

There were many reasons, most of which are outdated with tech, globalization, internet, and conversion on global human rights....

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

Libertarian and taxes are not mutually exclusive

Im not a fascist that thinks Coca-Cola should own a country lol

This isnt Robocop

Edited by westerndecline

17 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

There were many reasons, most of which are outdated with tech, globalization, internet, and conversion on global human rights....

Libertarian and taxes are not mutually exclusive

Im not a fascist that thinks Coca-Cola should own a country lol

This isnt Robocop

Just one out of a hundred points---Do you think Sharia Law is compatible with our constitution?

7 hours ago, westerndecline said:

If the Muslims coming believe in a secular republic with a separation of church and state

What exactly is the problem?

Actually lets say there a bunch of Christians that are theocrats

Do we need to get rid of those ppl?

If the Christians are theocrats, don't let them in. If they are already here, we have to deal them (and that's enough of a problem already, no?) Why let in more potential theocrats of any kind?

How do you know whether the Muslims arriving are or aren't theocrats? What if they lie, and just see it as chance to "spread the word"?

If they are coming from what amounts to a theocratic country, they probably shouldn't be let in. That pretty much takes care of Muslim immigration.

There ya go. What's the problem?

Edited by OJABBA

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just one out of a hundred points---Do you think Sharia Law is compatible with our constitution?

Sharia where it is acclaimed and the official law or where it is allowed to flourish and the media refuses to report on it?

Sharia dictates a trial exclusively by judge, relying on no codified set of laws, and no binding precedents from judicial decisions.  On that point alone, it is objectively incompatible with the Constitution.

But then, so is mob justice via public shaming based on allegations alone.  So I don't see where it matters much anymore.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Sharia dictates a trial exclusively by judge, relying on no codified set of laws, and no binding precedents from judicial decisions.  On that point alone, it is objectively incompatible with the Constitution.

But then, so is mob justice via public shaming based on allegations alone.  So I don't see where it matters much anymore.

Separation of mosque/church and state is split just like within Christian circles

14 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Right...

Because a hallmark of libertarian philosophy is the surrender of sovereignty, massive global government, seats of power as far away legislatively from the people as possible, and the increase of the scope of the bureaucratic state.

Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Right...

Because a hallmark of libertarian philosophy is the surrender of sovereignty, massive global government, seats of power as far away legislatively from the people as possible, and the increase of the scope of the bureaucratic state.

Unbelievable.

I knew it. I KNEW IT!

That's the Libertarian's super-secret agenda known only to the Seventh Circle of Secret Initiates. :ph34r: