Predictions: Bills v. Jets

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just it Yolo. The Bills are 29th in the NFL in getting pressure on the QB so how can you expect the Bills to get any pressure on Fitz at all on him when he is playing behind the #1 line in the league in allowing sacks, and the #5 line in allowing hits?

Because of those stats it tells me this game Fitz will have all day to throw with very little pressure on him. Then Jets WR Brandon Marshall is currently the 6th leading receiver in the NFL.

I don't like this at all because I want Buffalo to win this game. However, I just don't see it. Unless the Bills offense can put up big numbers, and they are going up against the #4 team in total defense that is also #1 against the rush.

A very tough game on the road, and with a short week to boot.

Perhaps they should just the determine the outcome of games each week based on stats, no? You do not have to hit Fitz to hurry his throws and force him into incompletions and turnovers - you just have to put him in position where he NEEDS to throw downfield. The Bills DBs are superior to the Jets receivers across the board, and Fitz is no Brady and will not be able to do to the bills what Brady did with the short throws. The Bills rush defense is pretty darn good itself, giving up only 3.9 yards per carry. (The Jets 3.8). The Bills do not need sacks to win this game. They need turnovers and if they stop the run, which they should, and force Fitz to throw downfield, they should have their opportunities.

On offense, the bills running game is actually a great matchup against the "vaunted" Jets rush defense. The Bills have two very good running backs plus a QB who can move the chains with his feet, which is why they average over 4.8 yards per rush. The Jets have not faced any attack like this. The Bills receivers are better than the Jets DBs, straight up. I would take Taylor over Fitz any day at this point at QB.

Take heart - Buffalo has the better team and should win. Now, about those penalties ......

Perhaps they should just the determine the outcome of games each week based on stats, no? You do not have to hit Fitz to hurry his throws and force him into incompletions and turnovers - you just have to put him in position where he NEEDS to throw downfield. The Bills DBs are superior to the Jets receivers across the board, and Fitz is no Brady and will not be able to do to the bills what Brady did with the short throws. The Bills rush defense is pretty darn good itself, giving up only 3.9 yards per carry. (The Jets 3.8). The Bills do not need sacks to win this game. They need turnovers and if they stop the run, which they should, and force Fitz to throw downfield, they should have their opportunities.

On offense, the bills running game is actually a great matchup against the "vaunted" Jets rush defense. The Bills have two very good running backs plus a QB who can move the chains with his feet, which is why they average over 4.8 yards per rush. The Jets have not faced any attack like this. The Bills receivers are better than the Jets DBs, straight up. I would take Taylor over Fitz any day at this point at QB.

Take heart - Buffalo has the better team and should win. Now, about those penalties ......

love your first sentence. Exactly how I feel about stats. They mean something but they determine nothing.

Many years of Bills history has caused me to make this prediction...

Jets 31

Bills 17

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help myself.

After this game, talk of Rex "losing the locker room" will be the hot topic.

PS: The Jets have an incredibly EASY schedule for the rest of the season. I don't even think Bad Fitz could screw this up (if he appears in the next few weeks as expected).

I was all excited to sit down and watch some sports/NFL TV for a good 3-4 hours before the game and what I get is 50% of it fantasy football predictions. WTF??!!

I love FF and have played it for 20 years but can I not just watch a show about football without them having a million FF segments within it?

/end rant

The Bills defense gets a lot of crap but the Jets have given up about 30pts a game the last 3 games. The Jets are banged up and we are finally getting healthy. The most explosive players in this game are on the Bills side. The Jets may also suffer from their kicker being injured.

Bills 27. Jets 17.

Bills 20

Jets 21

Just a bad feeling about this being a close heartbreaker in a must-win game with a guaranteed loss in NE next week. They need to get the win so that in the event they're 5-5 after NE, they have a shot to make a run. They lose and are 4-6, it's over. I just never like this team, based on the past iterations, to get that "over the hump win" which this would be. Win this, on the road against the Jets in prime time and we've maybe started to turn the corner. But just when they seem like it's time to turn the corner, the cut it short and clip it, spin out of control into a raging inferno.

I hope all the Jets pickers show up tomorrow and eat crow.

I'm usually all about Crow Eating, but not this time. Jets season hung in the balance as well and they fought like hell to get back into it. NFLN postgame reporter said this was the 1st Bills win on a nationally televised, meaningful game in 14 years!

Enjoy your breakfast! :D

And it tastes so good to be wrong!